Kiewit Corporation Field Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

Field Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2015.

They start off with a phone interview that was pretty standard. The second part was somewhat strange because it used a website called HireVue that made you record your answers using your webcam to about 8 questions but there won't be anyone on the other side. The last part was a party/group interview that was somewhat unnerving but not horrible.

Interview Questions
  • Why should I choose you over the other applicants?
    How do you feel about long hours?
    What are your feelings about relocation?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2015.

Met the regional recruiter at a career fair. I was offered a next day interview. There were no unexpected questions. A week later I had to take a psychometric test.

Field Engineer Interview

Simple interview with basic questions such as walk us through resume, why construction, what do you know about kiewit, tell us about yourself, are you ok with relocation, what do you see yourself doing in 10 years

None

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2014.

I was contacted by the HR department to inform me that I was one of the candidates selected for a final interview. As it was an interview with a number of other people, the date and times were already selected and not greatly flexible. It was on onsite interview, for which all travel expenses and arrangements were made by Kiewit. The interview process spanned two days: the first consisted of onsite tours to explore different offices and active job sites to explore what the work was like and to meet the people working in those environments, and the second consisted of typical one-on-one interviews. They were in a round robin style, so throughout the morning you would have several one-on-one interview with different people in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you were a leader of a team when an unexpected problem arose that would jeopardize the completion of the project, and how you worked to successfully resolve the issue to achieve the intended goal.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Met representative at a career fair. Received a phone interview the next week that lasted about 20 min with a HR person. Performed the Hirevue online interview, which is only 6 questions?

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2014.

It was a very long process. First I went to the school's career fair and handed out my resume. I got a call to meet with the main recruiter for an interview later in the week. He seemed distracted during the interview and we kept getting interrupted. Overall, not the worst but not the best. After that I went ahead and did the personality and skills (basic math, correlation, english, etc) tests online. There was also an online interview but you just recorded answers. You didn't actually talk to a person.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2014.

I applied for Kiewit through their website after talking to them at a conference and enjoying what their company offered. Then about 2 months later i get an email saying they would like to have an interview but a virtual one so they gave me a link. I did the virtual interview( not sure how many people they interviewed that way) and now I am waiting to see what happens.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

I applied online and was later interviewed one on one. I later received an online interview that consisted of 14 questions mostly behavior based questions and situational questions. It was a very interesting process and can be challenging if you don't have interview experience. It was very good practice, just make sure you are prepared for some weird questions and willing to locate immediately.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to pick a cereal that best represents yourself as a manager, what cereal would that be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in May 2013.

Phone interview first, then flown to Houston for a round of 3 face to face interviews. After the interviews it was several weeks before I received an offer and began my negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • What about your experience makes you an ideal candidate for this type of industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2013.

applied online on friday. got an email for a phone interview on monday. scheduled a phone interview. phone interview went well. now onto the next step which is hirevue digital interview