Kiewit Corporation Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2015

2.9

Field Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

They start off with a phone interview that was pretty standard. The second part was somewhat strange because it used a website called HireVue that made you record your answers using your webcam to about 8 questions but there won't be anyone on the other side. The last part was a party/group interview that was somewhat unnerving but not horrible.

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose you over the other applicants? How do you feel about long hours? What are your feelings about relocation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in March 2015.

Interview

Awkward and long. Wish there was more than just an online interview and someone who could help with the process. I actually had technical difficulties resulting in me having to re do the interview and the questions were different and messy.

Interview Questions

Horrible experience with travelling and one on one interview. I spent over 15 hours getting to the location and staying in a hotel to be driven to their interview only to have the interviewer tell me straight up "I was sortof just pushed into this and havent read over your resume." What a joke.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

Met the regional recruiter at a career fair. I was offered a next day interview. There were no unexpected questions. A week later I had to take a psychometric test.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Simple interview with basic questions such as walk us through resume, why construction, what do you know about kiewit, tell us about yourself, are you ok with relocation, what do you see yourself doing in 10 years

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR department to inform me that I was one of the candidates selected for a final interview. As it was an interview with a number of other people, the date and times were already selected and not greatly flexible. It was on onsite interview, for which all travel expenses and arrangements were made by Kiewit. The interview process spanned two days: the first consisted of onsite tours to explore different offices and active job sites to explore what the work was like and to meet the people working in those environments, and the second consisted of typical one-on-one interviews. They were in a round robin style, so throughout the morning you would have several one-on-one interview with different people in the office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you were a leader of a team when an unexpected problem arose that would jeopardize the completion of the project, and how you worked to successfully resolve the issue to achieve the intended goal.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Met representative at a career fair. Received a phone interview the next week that lasted about 20 min with a HR person. Performed the Hirevue online interview, which is only 6 questions?

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Fresno, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a very long process. First I went to the school's career fair and handed out my resume. I got a call to meet with the main recruiter for an interview later in the week. He seemed distracted during the interview and we kept getting interrupted. Overall, not the worst but not the best. After that I went ahead and did the personality and skills (basic math, correlation, english, etc) tests online. There was also an online interview but you just recorded answers. You didn't actually talk to a person.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for Kiewit through their website after talking to them at a conference and enjoying what their company offered. Then about 2 months later i get an email saying they would like to have an interview but a virtual one so they gave me a link. I did the virtual interview( not sure how many people they interviewed that way) and now I am waiting to see what happens.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

I applied online and was later interviewed one on one. I later received an online interview that consisted of 14 questions mostly behavior based questions and situational questions. It was a very interesting process and can be challenging if you don't have interview experience. It was very good practice, just make sure you are prepared for some weird questions and willing to locate immediately.

Interview Questions

• If you were to pick a cereal that best represents yourself as a manager, what cereal would that be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first, then flown to Houston for a round of 3 face to face interviews. After the interviews it was several weeks before I received an offer and began my negotiation.

Interview Questions

• What about your experience makes you an ideal candidate for this type of industry?   Answer Question