Kiewit Corporation

Updated Jan 11, 2015

2.8

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Field Engineer Interview

Simple interview with basic questions such as walk us through resume, why construction, what do you know about kiewit, tell us about yourself, are you ok with relocation, what do you see yourself doing in 10 years

None

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2014.

I was contacted by the HR department to inform me that I was one of the candidates selected for a final interview. As it was an interview with a number of other people, the date and times were already selected and not greatly flexible. It was on onsite interview, for which all travel expenses and arrangements were made by Kiewit. The interview process spanned two days: the first consisted of onsite tours to explore different offices and active job sites to explore what the work was like and to meet the people working in those environments, and the second consisted of typical one-on-one interviews. They were in a round robin style, so throughout the morning you would have several one-on-one interview with different people in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you were a leader of a team when an unexpected problem arose that would jeopardize the completion of the project, and how you worked to successfully resolve the issue to achieve the intended goal.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Met representative at a career fair. Received a phone interview the next week that lasted about 20 min with a HR person. Performed the Hirevue online interview, which is only 6 questions?

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2014.

I applied for Kiewit through their website after talking to them at a conference and enjoying what their company offered. Then about 2 months later i get an email saying they would like to have an interview but a virtual one so they gave me a link. I did the virtual interview( not sure how many people they interviewed that way) and now I am waiting to see what happens.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

I applied online and was later interviewed one on one. I later received an online interview that consisted of 14 questions mostly behavior based questions and situational questions. It was a very interesting process and can be challenging if you don't have interview experience. It was very good practice, just make sure you are prepared for some weird questions and willing to locate immediately.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to pick a cereal that best represents yourself as a manager, what cereal would that be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in May 2013.

Phone interview first, then flown to Houston for a round of 3 face to face interviews. After the interviews it was several weeks before I received an offer and began my negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • What about your experience makes you an ideal candidate for this type of industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Submited online application and was scheduled for a phone interview wich consisted of your typical behavioral questions. Kiewit seemed to be interested in relocation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took a weekinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in April 2012.

I got the interview by applying on the Kiewit job board. I was interviewd by a HR rep and a project manager. Both were very informative on what to expect if hired. The questions were straight forward were asked in the STAR format.

1. Tell me about yourself?

2. Would you be willing to relocate and what is your preference?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2012.

30 minute interview took place on campus. Very casual and personal. First half, the interviewer talked about kiewit and projects he was involved in. Second half, questions were asked of me about kiewit and why I want to and am fit for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2011.

I got the interview through a career fair held at our university. They had an info session the previous night, so that we all knew what we were getting ourselves into. The interview was very relaxed and he had a standard set of question he asked me. Went over my resume and asked me to give him more info about my experiences. He was very helpful and told me to email him if I had anymore questions.