Kiewit Corporation Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2014

2.7

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

one on one interview conducted on campus after career fair. Comfortable setting, but many questions were from pre made question sheet which included bland topics. G.P.A. was most important question. Travel topic was redundant but necessary because they will ship you anywhere. Great company, long hours but pay is worth it.

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in April 2013.

Talked on the phone with an HR rep for about 30-45 minutes. I had previous experience in various manual labor positions with another construction company which made it easy to talk about understanding the work conditions and how project sites work. I also had interned the previous summer with a VC so I could talk about the financial side of business. After talking they said they didn't need an in person interview and offered me a spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2013.

I had an on-campus interview with Kiewit at CU-Boulder after meeting with them at the career fair. The interview was slightly more laid back than others I have had, which was very nice and relieving. The questions were all very reasonable and almost all situational and behavioral questions. There were two interviewers, and both seemed very interested in me, giving me great confidence.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you worked with a bad group and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Pretty standard questions (who are you, what do you want to do in 10 years, describe your passion, major challenges you've overcome, describe yourself in 5 words, etc.) Make sure to do some research on what branch you'd be applying for and what sort of projects that branch is doing

Interview Questions
    • The 10 years question. Honestly this question is less about the answer and more about the reasoning and alignment with your other stated goals/values/passions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The first part of the interview process is HireVue-- essentially a recorded skype interview you submit. The second part of the interview process is a regular interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2009.

Sign up for interview at career fair or info sessions.

Interview Questions
    Kiewit will not negotiate, but if you feel good asking go ahead.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2013.

Initial interview was not difficult. Mostly asked behavioral questions. Interviewer stated that working at Kiewit could mean moving from site to site all over the states after each project completion. Second interview was a webcam interview. They seemed to try to match you to a team that matched your interests initially, but they want you to be a versatile engineer and work different fields. (e.g. learn mechanical systems even if you're not in mech engineering).

Interview Questions
    • No tech questions. Explain a failure you've experienced.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2011.

On campus interview. Very nice lady. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had trouble working in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in March 2011.

I met a few Kiewit representatives at a school career fair and they invited me to join them at the proceeding banquet dinner. After getting to know them at the dinner, they invited me back for an interview opportunity which was open to campus. A few weeks later they came to present some bg info and offered interview slots for the next couple days. It was very competitve -- over 50 students interview and to my knowledge only a dozen were selected back for second interviews to fulfill only 3 or 4 internship positions.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time where you were faced with an ethical dilemma and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Kiewit, better yet, why should be hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in March 2009.

They interview everyone in sight, asked silly psych questions like "What did you play with as a child?"

Interview Questions

Worked for Kiewit Corporation? Contribute to the Community!