Kiewit Corporation

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview Details – one on one interview conducted on campus after career fair. Comfortable setting, but many questions were from pre made question sheet which included bland topics. G.P.A. was most important question. Travel topic was redundant but necessary because they will ship you anywhere. Great company, long hours but pay is worth it.

Interview Question – 3 strengths or weaknesses   Answer Question

Boulder, CO

I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus interview with Kiewit at CU-Boulder after meeting with them at the career fair. The interview was slightly more laid back than others I have had, which was very nice and relieving. The questions were all very reasonable and almost all situational and behavioral questions. There were two interviewers, and both seemed very interested in me, giving me great confidence.

Interview Question – Name a time when you worked with a bad group and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview Details – Pretty standard questions (who are you, what do you want to do in 10 years, describe your passion, major challenges you've overcome, describe yourself in 5 words, etc.) Make sure to do some research on what branch you'd be applying for and what sort of projects that branch is doing

Interview Question – The 10 years question. Honestly this question is less about the answer and more about the reasoning and alignment with your other stated goals/values/passions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Kiewit Corporation

Interview Details – The first part of the interview process is HireVue-- essentially a recorded skype interview you submit. The second part of the interview process is a regular interview.

Interview Question – What is your highest professional achievement?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – Sign up for interview at career fair or info sessions.

Interview Question – Be ready to answere why kiewit?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Kiewit will not negotiate, but if you feel good asking go ahead.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was not difficult. Mostly asked behavioral questions. Interviewer stated that working at Kiewit could mean moving from site to site all over the states after each project completion. Second interview was a webcam interview. They seemed to try to match you to a team that matched your interests initially, but they want you to be a versatile engineer and work different fields. (e.g. learn mechanical systems even if you're not in mech engineering).

Interview Question – No tech questions. Explain a failure you've experienced.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – On campus interview. Very nice lady. Standard interview questions.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had trouble working in a group.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in March 2011.

Interview Details – I met a few Kiewit representatives at a school career fair and they invited me to join them at the proceeding banquet dinner. After getting to know them at the dinner, they invited me back for an interview opportunity which was open to campus. A few weeks later they came to present some bg info and offered interview slots for the next couple days. It was very competitve -- over 50 students interview and to my knowledge only a dozen were selected back for second interviews to fulfill only 3 or 4 internship positions.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you were faced with an ethical dilemma and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Kiewit, better yet, why should be hire you?   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in March 2009.

Interview Details – They interview everyone in sight, asked silly psych questions like "What did you play with as a child?"

Interview Question – What did you play with as a child?   Answer Question

Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in September 2008.

Interview Details – Face to face interview with questions regarding previous experience and future intents.

Interview Question – What is your experience?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kiewit Corporation

Worked for Kiewit Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kiewit Corporation Intern interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kiewit Corporation employees and interview candidates.