Kiewit Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Superintendent Interview

Project Superintendent
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen, face to face, verify references

Interview Question – Overcoming a challenge in your career   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing really.

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer
Buffalo, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had the first interview, it was mostly management questions. I am waiting for my second interview date.

Interview Question – what would u do to deal with inactive coworker?   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

Interviewed at Kiewit Corporation

Interview Details – I submitted an application on a Friday, had an interview the following week and was hired the week after that. Overall, the process was pretty standard, I met with the hiring manager and another individual from the marketing department. They asked for a few work and writing samples and asked the typical behavioral questions and the interview lasting just over an hour.

Interview Question – Explain a situation when a project didn't go as planned and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for entry level positions.

Intern Interview

Intern
Boulder, CO

I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus interview with Kiewit at CU-Boulder after meeting with them at the career fair. The interview was slightly more laid back than others I have had, which was very nice and relieving. The questions were all very reasonable and almost all situational and behavioral questions. There were two interviewers, and both seemed very interested in me, giving me great confidence.

Interview Question – Name a time when you worked with a bad group and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – Easy, 1 interview and got a call back 15 minutes later.

Interview Question – None, really... as long as you know your abilities and explain properly what they are you should be good to go.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.. take it or leave it.

Foreman Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – I am a member of a trade union so there was no interview process. Drug test was conducted. I was dispatched by a hiring hall

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions because I was dispatched by my union hall   Answer Question

Job Superintendent Interview

Job Superintendent
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details – Kiewit is persistent in continuing to recruit experienced personnel when identified. Interviewed twice prior to offered a salary. Company failed to adhere to certain promises offered during the hiring process and did not follow through to make sure that long or short term goals could be accomplished.

Interview Question – What is the most important thing the company could do to assure employee retention?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – At the time, the weekly salary was offered was very attractive, only to find out later that it only benefited the company.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview Details – Pretty standard questions (who are you, what do you want to do in 10 years, describe your passion, major challenges you've overcome, describe yourself in 5 words, etc.) Make sure to do some research on what branch you'd be applying for and what sort of projects that branch is doing

Interview Question – The 10 years question. Honestly this question is less about the answer and more about the reasoning and alignment with your other stated goals/values/passions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy. Started with an email to a colleague I've known for years. Emailing back and forth for a few weeks and then talking on the phone a few times over another few weeks before setting up a formal interview with my district manager and an area manger. We didn't speak of my technical abilities, we all knew each other. Their main concern was my planned longevity, as I had worked here before several years prior. It took about another 2 weeks to get started. Overall, probably just over a month, and that is a fast process for them.

Interview Question – How long did I plan to stay. I had worked here several years prior and quit after 2 years. I expected the question, but it was not an easy answer to tie down   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They took what I was asking and added $100/week and a $500 sign on bonus.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview Details – I met a Kiewit HR person at a career fair and they invited me back the next day for an interview. The interview was pretty easy, no technical questions (since it was an HR person), more just getting to know me and general information about the "fit" with the company.

Interview Question – Nothing crazy, just the general 'getting to know you' interview questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kiewit Corporation