Kiewit Corporation

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.8

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Met representative at a career fair. Received a phone interview the next week that lasted about 20 min with a HR person. Performed the Hirevue online interview, which is only 6 questions?

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2014.

I met a few recruiters at a college career fair. The next day I had an interview. Within a week, I was asked to take an online survey and complete a HireVue online interview.

SAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in September 2014.

Interview process was done by webcam. I am not familiar with this tpe of interview and would appreciate a one on one meeting, face to face. I prefer to show my work on paper, certificates, degrees, letters of acknowledgement rather than try to answer 4 questions in an alloted amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult for me or unexpected. What was unexpected was there were only 4 questions and I was being timed per question. On webcam interviews you cannot touch the screen for the next question or timer to record your answer with your fingernail. It has to be the pad of your fingers to work. You don't get a second chance if you make a mistake on the webcam interview.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in August 2014.

I was contacted by a Kiewit Recruiter after applying for a posting online. Without any explanation of the job role, duties, or responsibilities, I was asked to complete a video interview (computer-based, one-way interaction).

After a few days I was told that they were interested and we setup an on-site interview. They called me the morning of the interview and told me they had to cancel it due to an unexpected compromise with the Hiring Manager, which I could perfectly understand, and I was told we would reschedule the interview in a few days. However, this happened over 2 months ago, and every email or phone call to the Recruiter has been ignored so far.

If Kiewit treats prospective employees this way prior to bringing them onboard I cannot imagine how it is like to work with them once you are hired. Learning experience!

Interview Questions
    • The worst interview experience throughout my professional career. One-way interaction, allowing them to ask all the questions and then ignoring phone calls/emails. They believe their time is more valuable than yours.   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in July 2014.

They called right away looking to setup an interview after I applied through their website. Did the in person interview and never heard anything back at all. Nothing, no rejection letter or anything. I tried to call in twice and they acted as they had no idea who I was even when I talked to the same person who called me.

Interview Questions
    • Do you even think you could do this job?   View Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in May 2014.

First is phone interview, then after a week, go to office for group interview. I talked with the hiring manager and their team directly. Not very positive feeling. I did not receive any feedback after one week, then I sent email to manager for asking the result. He told me they find the right person already.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Submitted Resume during Career Fair where a recruiter looked over it. An email was sent to take a few tests then received an email for a phone screening. During the screening the woman asked if I was looking at any other companies when I said yes, she wanted to know the companies and starting putting the other companies down. Thought it was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Kiewit? Why made you interested in construction?   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

The interview process went very quickly and was very well done. They even fly you out to whatever district you would be working in. However, I believe they really lead you on. I was given the understanding that we essentially had to just show up to the final interview and get the job. That was not the case.

Interview Questions
    • They were all basic interview questions. No real difficult or unexpected ones. All of them were exactly what you would expect from an employer. "Tell us about yourself, etc" The most unexpected question as probably one that tried to show that I was an analytical person. The question was something along the signs of if a project was running below expected completion what do you need to do to have it complete on time.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Intern Interview

Initial interview on campus, 2nd phone interview, 3rd webcam interview with HR

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

one on one interview conducted on campus after career fair. Comfortable setting, but many questions were from pre made question sheet which included bland topics. G.P.A. was most important question. Travel topic was redundant but necessary because they will ship you anywhere. Great company, long hours but pay is worth it.