Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Kiewit Corporation
- Field Engineer (25)
- Intern (21)
- Engineer (19)
- Engineering (7)
- Business Manager (6)
- Project Engineer (6)
- Civil Engineer (4)
- Engineering Intern (3)
- Manager (2)
- Engineer Estimator (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Equipment Engineer (2)
- Engineer I (2)
- Engineer/Estimator (2)
- Carpenter (2)
- Senior Accountant (1)
- Senior Estimator (1)
- Anonymous (1)
- Assistant Business Manager (1)
- Structural Engineer (1)
- Summer Intern (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Foreman (1)
- Sales Manager (1)
- Safety (1)
- Safety Manager (1)
- Environmental Engineer (1)
- IT (1)
- Job Engineer (1)
- Job Superintendent (1)
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2015.
Met the regional recruiter at a career fair. I was offered a next day interview. There were no unexpected questions. A week later I had to take a psychometric test.
- Why kiewit? Answer Question
Helpful (2)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2015.
Worst interview experience ever! Hiring manager was so incompetent, got called back for second interview within a few hours of first interview. Before the second interview, I was told by the hiring manager it looked 'promising' and he even went on to ask about my availability. Did pretty well in both interview, yet no offer was made, instead they went to hire an internal contractor. What a waste of time! This was second time at Kiewit for me that they hired somebody internal instead, why waste time interviewing others outside the company if you are going to be biased. Nonetheless, the HR is nice enough to let you know about the post interview decision. I would recommend asking the HR if they are considering anybody internal for the position first and then come to the interview or even apply. Never again!
- Regular interview questions- Why do you want to come work for Kiewit? Tell us about a time where you solved a critical problem and how. How do you learn best practices for SSRS? What is your ideal work environment? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Grapevine, TX) in January 2015.
asked if i knew how to turn wrenches and what i was looking for and why choosing the company, pretty easy going one on one interview simple questions direct questions nothing out the ordinary
- do you know left loosey , righty tighty 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2015.
Met at my college and was called that day for an interview the next day. During interview, one person was asking the questions, while another was typing. It was hard to read the interviewer's reactions.. However, I suppose that is common with an HR rep. Interview was difficult because it was for any entry level position within the company, not for any specific location.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.
It was very relaxed... simple questions like why construction, and many of the other questions were from the previous reviews. I was invited for on campus interview and after three months I had a second interview in NJ. The second interview took less that two hours. a week after the interview, I got a phone call with the offer.
It was pretty easy. I emailed them my argument and next morning the HR called with better offer
- Accepted Offer
Simple interview with basic questions such as walk us through resume, why construction, what do you know about kiewit, tell us about yourself, are you ok with relocation, what do you see yourself doing in 10 years
- Tell us 3 things you want from a company Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Telephone, TX) in December 2014.
Applied to a requistion online. Sent an email to the recruiter. Recruited had a phone conversation with me, and asked me what I wanted to make. Said he would get back with me. This did not happen, I assume that I was overly qualified/compensated. Have not heard back, but in fairness I did not reach out to see what happened in their process.
- What is your experience in water construction? 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.
Hire Vue video interview. You are given 1.5 mins to answer each question, 6 in total. You have time between the interview questions to take a break. Once you view the question you have 30 seconds to prep before you are forced to answer the question.The questions cover a variety of topics from why you are in your field of study to what industry in Kiewit you would like to work in.
- Tell us about yourself. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2014.
I was contacted by HR and asked some primary questions about my experience and why I want to leave my present company. We discussed many aspects of SPI Admin. I would received an email for a "camera" interview. I guess they wanted to see my face. My resume wasn't enough. Then, I would have more detail question from the Engineer Manager.
- The camera interview was one of the most strangest interview I have ever experience. This device will only gives you 1 minute to reflect on the question and there's not going back or "do-over". The questions were nothing pertaining to the position I was applying for. After, I get to talk to the Engineer Manager and he was describing a position that's considerable lower than the one I was applying. I asked him about the SPI Admin and he was discussing about design. I wasn't sure they needed a Admin or designer. After the interview, HR contacted me to find out how my interview went. For the most part, it was positive. We then starting talking about the company and benefits. The then threw the bomb on me. Although, all the time the position was for a direct full time position, he told me that he would preferred that I go contract for 90 days. This infuriated me because after all the discussions and interviews, at the end, they decided to tell me that I have to go contract for 90 days; with no benefits. To me this was a ploy to eliminate or weed out candidates for any reason. In my case, it seems to be racial motivated or age. I answered the questions. I was up front and truthful with them. Any yet and very suspicious, they tell me at the end that I have to go thru probation. The HR person first told me that everyone goes thru this probational period; even he went thru it. That statement is what made me suspicious. If he went thru it, why didn't he tell me in the beginning? Why did he tell me in the end? He used it as a leverage. So candidates, beware! Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2014.
I was contacted by the HR department to inform me that I was one of the candidates selected for a final interview. As it was an interview with a number of other people, the date and times were already selected and not greatly flexible. It was on onsite interview, for which all travel expenses and arrangements were made by Kiewit. The interview process spanned two days: the first consisted of onsite tours to explore different offices and active job sites to explore what the work was like and to meet the people working in those environments, and the second consisted of typical one-on-one interviews. They were in a round robin style, so throughout the morning you would have several one-on-one interview with different people in the office.
- Describe a time in which you were a leader of a team when an unexpected problem arose that would jeopardize the completion of the project, and how you worked to successfully resolve the issue to achieve the intended goal. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review
See What Kiewit Corporation Employees Are Saying
Pros: “Get to build world class projects with large opportunities to grow professionally. Company has unlimited resources available to build whatever project it wins”“Get to build world class projects with large opportunities to grow professionally. Company has unlimited resources available to build whatever project it wins” – Full Review