Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.9

Engineer/Estimator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

It was very relaxed... simple questions like why construction, and many of the other questions were from the previous reviews. I was invited for on campus interview and after three months I had a second interview in NJ. The second interview took less that two hours. a week after the interview, I got a phone call with the offer.

Negotiation

It was pretty easy. I emailed them my argument and next morning the HR called with better offer

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Simple interview with basic questions such as walk us through resume, why construction, what do you know about kiewit, tell us about yourself, are you ok with relocation, what do you see yourself doing in 10 years

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

QC Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Telephone, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied to a requistion online. Sent an email to the recruiter. Recruited had a phone conversation with me, and asked me what I wanted to make. Said he would get back with me. This did not happen, I assume that I was overly qualified/compensated. Have not heard back, but in fairness I did not reach out to see what happened in their process.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in water construction?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Hire Vue video interview. You are given 1.5 mins to answer each question, 6 in total. You have time between the interview questions to take a break. Once you view the question you have 30 seconds to prep before you are forced to answer the question.The questions cover a variety of topics from why you are in your field of study to what industry in Kiewit you would like to work in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and asked some primary questions about my experience and why I want to leave my present company. We discussed many aspects of SPI Admin. I would received an email for a "camera" interview. I guess they wanted to see my face. My resume wasn't enough. Then, I would have more detail question from the Engineer Manager.

Interview Questions

• The camera interview was one of the most strangest interview I have ever experience. This device will only gives you 1 minute to reflect on the question and there's not going back or "do-over". The questions were nothing pertaining to the position I was applying for. After, I get to talk to the Engineer Manager and he was describing a position that's considerable lower than the one I was applying. I asked him about the SPI Admin and he was discussing about design. I wasn't sure they needed a Admin or designer. After the interview, HR contacted me to find out how my interview went. For the most part, it was positive. We then starting talking about the company and benefits. The then threw the bomb on me. Although, all the time the position was for a direct full time position, he told me that he would preferred that I go contract for 90 days. This infuriated me because after all the discussions and interviews, at the end, they decided to tell me that I have to go contract for 90 days; with no benefits. To me this was a ploy to eliminate or weed out candidates for any reason. In my case, it seems to be racial motivated or age. I answered the questions. I was up front and truthful with them. Any yet and very suspicious, they tell me at the end that I have to go thru probation. The HR person first told me that everyone goes thru this probational period; even he went thru it. That statement is what made me suspicious. If he went thru it, why didn't he tell me in the beginning? Why did he tell me in the end? He used it as a leverage. So candidates, beware!   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR department to inform me that I was one of the candidates selected for a final interview. As it was an interview with a number of other people, the date and times were already selected and not greatly flexible. It was on onsite interview, for which all travel expenses and arrangements were made by Kiewit. The interview process spanned two days: the first consisted of onsite tours to explore different offices and active job sites to explore what the work was like and to meet the people working in those environments, and the second consisted of typical one-on-one interviews. They were in a round robin style, so throughout the morning you would have several one-on-one interview with different people in the office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you were a leader of a team when an unexpected problem arose that would jeopardize the completion of the project, and how you worked to successfully resolve the issue to achieve the intended goal.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2014.

Interview

Did one online video interview. Asked basic questions about my leadership experiences, why I wanted the job, and what specific division within Kiewit I wanted to work with.The video interview was a little bit sketchy but not too bad. You only have about 30 seconds to prepare an answer and one chance at answering the questions so make sure you are prepared going into it.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a civil engineer   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Met representative at a career fair. Received a phone interview the next week that lasted about 20 min with a HR person. Performed the Hirevue online interview, which is only 6 questions?

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2014.

Interview

I met a few recruiters at a college career fair. The next day I had an interview. Within a week, I was asked to take an online survey and complete a HireVue online interview.

SAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Bellevue, NE) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was done by webcam. I am not familiar with this tpe of interview and would appreciate a one on one meeting, face to face. I prefer to show my work on paper, certificates, degrees, letters of acknowledgement rather than try to answer 4 questions in an alloted amount of time.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult for me or unexpected. What was unexpected was there were only 4 questions and I was being timed per question. On webcam interviews you cannot touch the screen for the next question or timer to record your answer with your fingernail. It has to be the pad of your fingers to work. You don't get a second chance if you make a mistake on the webcam interview.   Answer Question