Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a Kiewit Recruiter after applying for a posting online. Without any explanation of the job role, duties, or responsibilities, I was asked to complete a video interview (computer-based, one-way interaction). After a few days I was told that they were interested and we setup an on-site interview. They called me the morning of the interview and told me they had to cancel it due to an unexpected compromise with the Hiring Manager, which I could perfectly understand, and I was told we would reschedule the interview in a few days. However, this happened over 2 months ago, and every email or phone call to the Recruiter has been ignored so far. If Kiewit treats prospective employees this way prior to bringing them onboard I cannot imagine how it is like to work with them once you are hired. Learning experience!

Interview Questions

• The worst interview experience throughout my professional career. One-way interaction, allowing them to ask all the questions and then ignoring phone calls/emails. They believe their time is more valuable than yours.   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in July 2014.

Interview

They called right away looking to setup an interview after I applied through their website. Did the in person interview and never heard anything back at all. Nothing, no rejection letter or anything. I tried to call in twice and they acted as they had no idea who I was even when I talked to the same person who called me.

Interview Questions

• Do you even think you could do this job?   1 Answer

UI/User Experience Lead Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in July 2014.

Interview

My process was based more on a portfolio and pitch. I came in with a consultant from the company I worked directly under and together we pitched a design concept.

Interview Questions

• Our questions were about design and functionality.   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in May 2014.

Interview

First is phone interview, then after a week, go to office for group interview. I talked with the hiring manager and their team directly. Not very positive feeling. I did not receive any feedback after one week, then I sent email to manager for asking the result. He told me they find the right person already.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Woodcliff Lake, NJ).

Interview

Submitted Resume during Career Fair where a recruiter looked over it. An email was sent to take a few tests then received an email for a phone screening. During the screening the woman asked if I was looking at any other companies when I said yes, she wanted to know the companies and starting putting the other companies down. Thought it was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kiewit? Why made you interested in construction?   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process went very quickly and was very well done. They even fly you out to whatever district you would be working in. However, I believe they really lead you on. I was given the understanding that we essentially had to just show up to the final interview and get the job. That was not the case.

Interview Questions

• They were all basic interview questions. No real difficult or unexpected ones. All of them were exactly what you would expect from an employer. "Tell us about yourself, etc" The most unexpected question as probably one that tried to show that I was an analytical person. The question was something along the signs of if a project was running below expected completion what do you need to do to have it complete on time.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Initial interview on campus, 2nd phone interview, 3rd webcam interview with HR

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

one on one interview conducted on campus after career fair. Comfortable setting, but many questions were from pre made question sheet which included bland topics. G.P.A. was most important question. Travel topic was redundant but necessary because they will ship you anywhere. Great company, long hours but pay is worth it.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Interview

I submitted an application on a Friday, had an interview the following week and was hired the week after that. Overall, the process was pretty standard, I met with the hiring manager and another individual from the marketing department. They asked for a few work and writing samples and asked the typical behavioral questions and the interview lasting just over an hour.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when a project didn't go as planned and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations for entry level positions.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for Kiewit through their website after talking to them at a conference and enjoying what their company offered. Then about 2 months later i get an email saying they would like to have an interview but a virtual one so they gave me a link. I did the virtual interview( not sure how many people they interviewed that way) and now I am waiting to see what happens.