Kiewit Corporation

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2013.

Lengthy. Started with an email to a colleague I've known for years. Emailing back and forth for a few weeks and then talking on the phone a few times over another few weeks before setting up a formal interview with my district manager and an area manger. We didn't speak of my technical abilities, we all knew each other. Their main concern was my planned longevity, as I had worked here before several years prior. It took about another 2 weeks to get started. Overall, probably just over a month, and that is a fast process for them.

Interview Questions
    • How long did I plan to stay. I had worked here several years prior and quit after 2 years. I expected the question, but it was not an easy answer to tie down   View Answer
    They took what I was asking and added $100/week and a $500 sign on bonus.

Environmental Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

It was quite nice when the hr director introduced what kiewit is and what does this position do. The interview was conducted by environmental department director, and the questions is pretty easy, like why do you think you are good for this job, and do you think you are a team player or independent worker.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in August 2013.

The first interview is done by web cam. There are 23 questions asked by employer that is taped and sent to the hiring manager. This is not an interactive interview where you are with a live person, it is strictly answering their questions via webcam. The questions appear on the monitor and you have 30 seconds to answer the question.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were faced with an ethical dilemma. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time someone was not receptive to your ideas. What did you do?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Did not go as I thought it would. Asked the typical questions. Strengths and weaknesses. Gave a lot of scenario situations. For example: How would you handle a difficult person that walks in? (Or tell me how you have handled a difficult person before)

Interview Questions
    • There was not anything out of the ordinary. Typical questions   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2013.

Kiewit came to my college recruiting and giving classes on what direction Kiewit was heading. After the classes they invited a group of interested people out to lunch to talk more about the company. I attended the lunch and got an email a couple weeks later asking if I would like to fly out to Denver for an interview. I accepted and sat in a hotel for many hours and was interviewed by 3 people. The interview was very formal I wore a suit etc. The guys were pretty nice and down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a problem that occurred at work and what the outcome was and what you did to fix it?   Answer Question
    Very easy negotiation phase I talked with the HR lady and everything was handled. One difficult aspect was that they did not know where I would be moving to until 1 week before I started, which made moving stressful.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2013.

Went for interview with 2 people- basic questions and outline of what is expected. Was given the layout and specifics but nothing since.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to make a difference?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in May 2013.

Phone interview first, then flown to Houston for a round of 3 face to face interviews. After the interviews it was several weeks before I received an offer and began my negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • What about your experience makes you an ideal candidate for this type of industry?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in April 2013.

Talked on the phone with an HR rep for about 30-45 minutes. I had previous experience in various manual labor positions with another construction company which made it easy to talk about understanding the work conditions and how project sites work. I also had interned the previous summer with a VC so I could talk about the financial side of business. After talking they said they didn't need an in person interview and offered me a spot.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in April 2013.

The hiring process is very immature, people are continually changing, and not well suited to attract talent. The management more than makes up for HR's shortcomings and inexperience though. Background checks are overly thorough digging up the smallest infraction from 7 years ago and dragging it out to be discussed unnecessarily.

Interview Questions
    • There were no especially off the wall questions, it was very straight forward.   Answer Question
    Salary control is mostly controlled by the hiring manager (and their director)

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

on campus interview, relaxed beginning, quickly became serious with in-depth questions on technical knowledge. Then moved on to past experience and job history. asked about willingness to relocate and what long term career aspirations would be. All questions seemed fair. Would try to have more experience prior to interviewing if possible or become certified as an industry professional if possible.