Kiewit Corporation

104 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Receptionist Interview

Peachtree City, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview Details – Did not go as I thought it would. Asked the typical questions. Strengths and weaknesses. Gave a lot of scenario situations. For example: How would you handle a difficult person that walks in? (Or tell me how you have handled a difficult person before)

Interview Question – There was not anything out of the ordinary. Typical questions   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview Details – on campus interview, relaxed beginning, quickly became serious with in-depth questions on technical knowledge. Then moved on to past experience and job history. asked about willingness to relocate and what long term career aspirations would be. All questions seemed fair. Would try to have more experience prior to interviewing if possible or become certified as an industry professional if possible.

Interview Question – what will your family think of your decision   Answer Question

Entry Level Project Engineer Interview

Vancouver, WA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with Kiewit. One at a career fair and a second at an office. The interview went well, and I was offered an internship. However, after about 2 months of no official written offer, I got an email saying they were revoking my offer. I had been in contact with the HR guy who was the head of recruiting, and he told me on multiple occasions that I would have a job as long as I was still interested, to which I said I was. Then with no warning I was dropped with a poor excuse. I was not impressed with this company and their business practices.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Kiewit Corporation

Interview Details – The first part of the interview process is HireVue-- essentially a recorded skype interview you submit. The second part of the interview process is a regular interview.

Interview Question – What is your highest professional achievement?   Answer Question

Intern
Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – Sign up for interview at career fair or info sessions.

Interview Question – Be ready to answere why kiewit?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Kiewit will not negotiate, but if you feel good asking go ahead.

Entry Level Project Manager TIC South Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview Details – After speaking with recruiters at my universities career day, I was invited for a first round interview which consisted of standard interview questions (experience, knowledge of company, goals, etc.)

I was then invited to Houston for a second round of interviews in which I interviewed with two District Managers who posed similar questions.

Interview Question – No technical questions, just know yourself and the company why you are a good fit.   Answer Question

SAP Security Consultant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was consulting. The interview process was specific to that need.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was pre-negotiated through a third party.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Kiewit Corporation

Interview Details – Once you get an interview, as long as you don't come off as a jerk you will probably get an offer. Make sure you are friendly and open about your goals.

Interview Question – Are you open to moving?   View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was not difficult. Mostly asked behavioral questions. Interviewer stated that working at Kiewit could mean moving from site to site all over the states after each project completion. Second interview was a webcam interview. They seemed to try to match you to a team that matched your interests initially, but they want you to be a versatile engineer and work different fields. (e.g. learn mechanical systems even if you're not in mech engineering).

Interview Question – No tech questions. Explain a failure you've experienced.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Chico, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2008.

Interview Details – This was a campus interview for a full time position. Seemed more like they would hire you if you wanted to work for them. I along with 4 others, that i was aware of, were asked for a second interview the following semester where we were all offered positions. First interviewer was a recruiter, the second was with an area manager, who told me to expect to change addresses every few years.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult about the interview as whole. Asked basic questions and what you're hoping to get out of the company, type of jobs etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me after the second interview and sent me my offer letter. I had 7 days to get back to them with my decision. The letter outlined my salary and benefits package.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kiewit Corporation