Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.8

Carpenter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward and by the book. It was educational and open minded a very refreshing approach. It was the first time I honestly became educated during an interview. It was a great process. The safety alone was Amazing and refreshing.

Interview Questions

• It would be the re quoting of all the information shortly after the interview, how ever it was the step procedures involved and the entire commitment of all staff and employees that made the process smooth and easy to pick up in a short time. The question that I had to take time on was `what do you want to be in this company? It was hard to say at first due to the fact of all the Amazing options, like a kid in a candy store.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Pretty standard questions (who are you, what do you want to do in 10 years, describe your passion, major challenges you've overcome, describe yourself in 5 words, etc.) Make sure to do some research on what branch you'd be applying for and what sort of projects that branch is doing

Interview Questions

• The 10 years question. Honestly this question is less about the answer and more about the reasoning and alignment with your other stated goals/values/passions.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

I met a Kiewit HR person at a career fair and they invited me back the next day for an interview. The interview was pretty easy, no technical questions (since it was an HR person), more just getting to know me and general information about the "fit" with the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing crazy, just the general 'getting to know you' interview questions.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

I applied online and was later interviewed one on one. I later received an online interview that consisted of 14 questions mostly behavior based questions and situational questions. It was a very interesting process and can be challenging if you don't have interview experience. It was very good practice, just make sure you are prepared for some weird questions and willing to locate immediately.

Interview Questions

• If you were to pick a cereal that best represents yourself as a manager, what cereal would that be and why?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Buffalo, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I had the first interview, it was mostly management questions. I am waiting for my second interview date.

Interview Questions

• what would u do to deal with inactive coworker?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2013.

Interview

The interviewing process was rather simple once you have established yourself as a valuable potential asset to the company. I had an initial interview at a career fair where I was then flown to Atlanta for a Final Interview with the area manager. All the employees I encountered were driven and hard working no t to mention extremely generous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When accepting an offer, your location is not determined

Intern Interview

Application

interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Boulder, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with Kiewit at CU-Boulder after meeting with them at the career fair. The interview was slightly more laid back than others I have had, which was very nice and relieving. The questions were all very reasonable and almost all situational and behavioral questions. There were two interviewers, and both seemed very interested in me, giving me great confidence.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked with a bad group and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question

IM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in October 2013.

Interview

Initially worked as a contractor through a tech hiring company. Initial interview was with one of their Senior IM people and he was very personable and knowledgeable. Interviewed Monday, then had second interview the next day. The second day was a follow-up interview with another IM manager present. Overall, it was a stress-free and easy experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, Strengths, weaknesses, and past projects that showed leadership and initiative. Also asked where you would like to see yourself moving up within the company, and it was important to share your knowledge with whom might be taking your position in the future as your career advances.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Tampa, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Lengthy. Started with an email to a colleague I've known for years. Emailing back and forth for a few weeks and then talking on the phone a few times over another few weeks before setting up a formal interview with my district manager and an area manger. We didn't speak of my technical abilities, we all knew each other. Their main concern was my planned longevity, as I had worked here before several years prior. It took about another 2 weeks to get started. Overall, probably just over a month, and that is a fast process for them.

Interview Questions

• How long did I plan to stay. I had worked here several years prior and quit after 2 years. I expected the question, but it was not an easy answer to tie down   1 Answer

Negotiation

They took what I was asking and added $100/week and a $500 sign on bonus.

Environmental Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

It was quite nice when the hr director introduced what kiewit is and what does this position do. The interview was conducted by environmental department director, and the questions is pretty easy, like why do you think you are good for this job, and do you think you are a team player or independent worker.