Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in August 2010.

Submit resume and apply online. Wait for call. Interview. Wait for call. Get offer. Start work.

Environmental Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

It was quite nice when the hr director introduced what kiewit is and what does this position do. The interview was conducted by environmental department director, and the questions is pretty easy, like why do you think you are good for this job, and do you think you are a team player or independent worker.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in August 2013.

The first interview is done by web cam. There are 23 questions asked by employer that is taped and sent to the hiring manager. This is not an interactive interview where you are with a live person, it is strictly answering their questions via webcam. The questions appear on the monitor and you have 30 seconds to answer the question.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were faced with an ethical dilemma. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time someone was not receptive to your ideas. What did you do?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2013.

Went for interview with 2 people- basic questions and outline of what is expected. Was given the layout and specifics but nothing since.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to make a difference?   Answer Question

Engineer Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2011.

My interview process started after a career fair. I was called that night and scheduled a time to meet the very next day. It was with a very nice man who was with the company for over 30 years. The questions were pretty standard interview questions and it seemed more like a conversation. I was then flown into Omaha and was interviewed by 4 guys. One was pretty tough but the others more so wanted to get to know my personality. Overall it was an inviting environment with some very intelligent people.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Peachtree City, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Did not go as I thought it would. Asked the typical questions. Strengths and weaknesses. Gave a lot of scenario situations. For example: How would you handle a difficult person that walks in? (Or tell me how you have handled a difficult person before)

Interview Questions
    • There was not anything out of the ordinary. Typical questions   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

on campus interview, relaxed beginning, quickly became serious with in-depth questions on technical knowledge. Then moved on to past experience and job history. asked about willingness to relocate and what long term career aspirations would be. All questions seemed fair. Would try to have more experience prior to interviewing if possible or become certified as an industry professional if possible.

Entry Level Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in December 2012.

I had two interviews with Kiewit. One at a career fair and a second at an office. The interview went well, and I was offered an internship. However, after about 2 months of no official written offer, I got an email saying they were revoking my offer. I had been in contact with the HR guy who was the head of recruiting, and he told me on multiple occasions that I would have a job as long as I was still interested, to which I said I was. Then with no warning I was dropped with a poor excuse. I was not impressed with this company and their business practices.

Intern Interview

The first part of the interview process is HireVue-- essentially a recorded skype interview you submit. The second part of the interview process is a regular interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2009.

Sign up for interview at career fair or info sessions.

Interview Questions
    Kiewit will not negotiate, but if you feel good asking go ahead.