Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Entry Level Project Manager TIC South Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

After speaking with recruiters at my universities career day, I was invited for a first round interview which consisted of standard interview questions (experience, knowledge of company, goals, etc.)

I was then invited to Houston for a second round of interviews in which I interviewed with two District Managers who posed similar questions.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions, just know yourself and the company why you are a good fit.   Answer Question

SAP Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2012.

I was consulting. The interview process was specific to that need.

Interview Questions
    It was pre-negotiated through a third party.

Engineer Interview

Once you get an interview, as long as you don't come off as a jerk you will probably get an offer. Make sure you are friendly and open about your goals.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2013.

Initial interview was not difficult. Mostly asked behavioral questions. Interviewer stated that working at Kiewit could mean moving from site to site all over the states after each project completion. Second interview was a webcam interview. They seemed to try to match you to a team that matched your interests initially, but they want you to be a versatile engineer and work different fields. (e.g. learn mechanical systems even if you're not in mech engineering).

Interview Questions
    • No tech questions. Explain a failure you've experienced.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2008.

This was a campus interview for a full time position. Seemed more like they would hire you if you wanted to work for them. I along with 4 others, that i was aware of, were asked for a second interview the following semester where we were all offered positions. First interviewer was a recruiter, the second was with an area manager, who told me to expect to change addresses every few years.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particularly difficult about the interview as whole. Asked basic questions and what you're hoping to get out of the company, type of jobs etc.   Answer Question
    They called me after the second interview and sent me my offer letter. I had 7 days to get back to them with my decision. The letter outlined my salary and benefits package.

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2011.

I interviewed with Kiewit Northwest for an entry level engineer position at their Vancouver, WA office. It was a panel style interview which included 6 people, most of which were HR, and one district engineer. The questions they asked were mostly scripted and after the panel interview I was told that I had "made it" to the second interview stage in which I met with the district HR manager in her office.

In my opinion I was dissapointed with their interview process and the amount of scripted questions I was asked. It was more of a "Taco Bell" type of interview.

I did not have the opportunity to tell them about my experience and my background based on the questions I was asked by the HR personnel. The only one who asked relevant questions was the district engineer.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2012.

Easy Phone and Interview process

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Submited online application and was scheduled for a phone interview wich consisted of your typical behavioral questions. Kiewit seemed to be interested in relocation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2011.

On campus interview. Very nice lady. Standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had trouble working in a group.   Answer Question

Job Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2010.

The interview was fairly straight forward. I spent more time just talking about things I had done growing up than the job itself. The interviewer was fairly high up in the company, and had approximetly 20 years experience just in tthis company. I was bought lunch afterwards and continued to discuss potential job placement.

Interview Questions
    In this economy, there really was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it deal. What can I say? The economy is not in the employee's favor right now.