Kiewit Corporation

Average Difficulty
110 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Kiewit Corporation

Interview Details – Once you get an interview, as long as you don't come off as a jerk you will probably get an offer. Make sure you are friendly and open about your goals.

Interview Question – Are you open to moving?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initial interview was not difficult. Mostly asked behavioral questions. Interviewer stated that working at Kiewit could mean moving from site to site all over the states after each project completion. Second interview was a webcam interview. They seemed to try to match you to a team that matched your interests initially, but they want you to be a versatile engineer and work different fields. (e.g. learn mechanical systems even if you're not in mech engineering).

Interview Question – No tech questions. Explain a failure you've experienced.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chico, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2008.

Interview Details – This was a campus interview for a full time position. Seemed more like they would hire you if you wanted to work for them. I along with 4 others, that i was aware of, were asked for a second interview the following semester where we were all offered positions. First interviewer was a recruiter, the second was with an area manager, who told me to expect to change addresses every few years.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult about the interview as whole. Asked basic questions and what you're hoping to get out of the company, type of jobs etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called me after the second interview and sent me my offer letter. I had 7 days to get back to them with my decision. The letter outlined my salary and benefits package.

Vancouver, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Kiewit Northwest for an entry level engineer position at their Vancouver, WA office. It was a panel style interview which included 6 people, most of which were HR, and one district engineer. The questions they asked were mostly scripted and after the panel interview I was told that I had "made it" to the second interview stage in which I met with the district HR manager in her office.

In my opinion I was dissapointed with their interview process and the amount of scripted questions I was asked. It was more of a "Taco Bell" type of interview.

I did not have the opportunity to tell them about my experience and my background based on the questions I was asked by the HR personnel. The only one who asked relevant questions was the district engineer.

Structural Engineer Interview

Structural Engineer
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – Easy Phone and Interview process

Interview Question – Nothing special   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview Details – Submited online application and was scheduled for a phone interview wich consisted of your typical behavioral questions. Kiewit seemed to be interested in relocation.

Interview Question – What is ur favorite food?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – On campus interview. Very nice lady. Standard interview questions.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had trouble working in a group.   Answer Question

Job Engineer Interview

Job Engineer
Vancouver, WA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly straight forward. I spent more time just talking about things I had done growing up than the job itself. The interviewer was fairly high up in the company, and had approximetly 20 years experience just in tthis company. I was bought lunch afterwards and continued to discuss potential job placement.

Interview Question – "What are your 5 year goals"?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In this economy, there really was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it deal. What can I say? The economy is not in the employee's favor right now.

Engineer Estimator Interview

Engineer Estimator
Omaha, NE

I applied online - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR/Outreach. Then 1 or 2 interviews with 2 hiring managers.

Interview Question – Why did you choose construction? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple offer letter. If accepted, your employment was contigent on the results of your drug screening.

Assistant Business Manager Interview

Assistant Business Manager
Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was chosen to interview for this position when a district business manger found my resume online. The interview was a 2 part process: first there was an hour long interview with the district business manager. The second part was an hour long informal interview with an on-site senior business manager.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions in the interview. The interview was a very informal conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The waiting process depends on whether they have the allowable budget and where they are going to place you (job site location).

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kiewit Corporation