Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Kiewit Corporation
- Field Engineer (25)
- Intern (21)
- Engineer (19)
- Engineering (7)
- Business Manager (6)
- Project Engineer (6)
- Civil Engineer (4)
- Engineering Intern (3)
- Manager (2)
- Engineer Estimator (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Equipment Engineer (2)
- Engineer I (2)
- Engineer/Estimator (2)
- Carpenter (2)
- Senior Accountant (1)
- Senior Estimator (1)
- Anonymous (1)
- Assistant Business Manager (1)
- Structural Engineer (1)
- Summer Intern (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Foreman (1)
- Sales Manager (1)
- Safety (1)
- Safety Manager (1)
- Environmental Engineer (1)
- IT (1)
- Job Engineer (1)
- Job Superintendent (1)
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE).
Had 2 phone interviews and an in-person interview with 4 managers. Initially applied for a different position in a different state, but was asked to take on a different position with the company as they had a current need for engineers.
- Why do you want to work here? What do you bring to the company? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Bellevue, NE) in September 2014.
Interview process was done by webcam. I am not familiar with this tpe of interview and would appreciate a one on one meeting, face to face. I prefer to show my work on paper, certificates, degrees, letters of acknowledgement rather than try to answer 4 questions in an alloted amount of time.
- The questions were not difficult for me or unexpected. What was unexpected was there were only 4 questions and I was being timed per question. On webcam interviews you cannot touch the screen for the next question or timer to record your answer with your fingernail. It has to be the pad of your fingers to work. You don't get a second chance if you make a mistake on the webcam interview. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in July 2014.
My process was based more on a portfolio and pitch. I came in with a consultant from the company I worked directly under and together we pitched a design concept.
- Our questions were about design and functionality. 1 Answer
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in May 2014.
First is phone interview, then after a week, go to office for group interview. I talked with the hiring manager and their team directly. Not very positive feeling. I did not receive any feedback after one week, then I sent email to manager for asking the result. He told me they find the right person already.
- Normal questions. Why accounting? why this position? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in October 2013.
Initially worked as a contractor through a tech hiring company. Initial interview was with one of their Senior IM people and he was very personable and knowledgeable. Interviewed Monday, then had second interview the next day. The second day was a follow-up interview with another IM manager present. Overall, it was a stress-free and easy experience.
- Typical interview questions, Strengths, weaknesses, and past projects that showed leadership and initiative. Also asked where you would like to see yourself moving up within the company, and it was important to share your knowledge with whom might be taking your position in the future as your career advances. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in April 2013.
The hiring process is very immature, people are continually changing, and not well suited to attract talent. The management more than makes up for HR's shortcomings and inexperience though. Background checks are overly thorough digging up the smallest infraction from 7 years ago and dragging it out to be discussed unnecessarily.
- There were no especially off the wall questions, it was very straight forward. Answer Question
Salary control is mostly controlled by the hiring manager (and their director)
- Accepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in October 2012.
Easy Phone and Interview process
- Nothing special Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in March 2012.
- What makes u qualified for this job 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in January 2012.
Phone Interview with HR/Outreach. Then 1 or 2 interviews with 2 hiring managers.
- Why did you choose construction? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Answer Question
Simple offer letter. If accepted, your employment was contigent on the results of your drug screening.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in December 2011.
Found posting for job on LinkedIn. Was contacted very quickly by external recruiter. Two interviews with external recruiters before I spoke with HR rep from company. All these interviews were via telephone. Did three video interviews (including one with hiring manager) and one more phone interview. The recruiters and HR team were very professional and thorough. The company was fairly quick to respond; the process took awhile mostly due to the large number of interviews (which I didn't mind as I felt it gave me a good feel for who I'd be working with if I accepted a position with the company.) The company is acutely aware of the negatives associated with the location of the corporate HQ (Omaha) and very keen to hire people who want to live there and intend to stay for the long haul.
- Why do you want to move to Omaha? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review