Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions in Omaha, NE

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and an in-person interview with 4 managers. Initially applied for a different position in a different state, but was asked to take on a different position with the company as they had a current need for engineers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you bring to the company?   Answer Question

SAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Bellevue, NE) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was done by webcam. I am not familiar with this tpe of interview and would appreciate a one on one meeting, face to face. I prefer to show my work on paper, certificates, degrees, letters of acknowledgement rather than try to answer 4 questions in an alloted amount of time.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult for me or unexpected. What was unexpected was there were only 4 questions and I was being timed per question. On webcam interviews you cannot touch the screen for the next question or timer to record your answer with your fingernail. It has to be the pad of your fingers to work. You don't get a second chance if you make a mistake on the webcam interview.   Answer Question

UI/User Experience Lead Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in July 2014.

Interview

My process was based more on a portfolio and pitch. I came in with a consultant from the company I worked directly under and together we pitched a design concept.

Interview Questions

• Our questions were about design and functionality.   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in May 2014.

Interview

First is phone interview, then after a week, go to office for group interview. I talked with the hiring manager and their team directly. Not very positive feeling. I did not receive any feedback after one week, then I sent email to manager for asking the result. He told me they find the right person already.

IM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in October 2013.

Interview

Initially worked as a contractor through a tech hiring company. Initial interview was with one of their Senior IM people and he was very personable and knowledgeable. Interviewed Monday, then had second interview the next day. The second day was a follow-up interview with another IM manager present. Overall, it was a stress-free and easy experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, Strengths, weaknesses, and past projects that showed leadership and initiative. Also asked where you would like to see yourself moving up within the company, and it was important to share your knowledge with whom might be taking your position in the future as your career advances.   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is very immature, people are continually changing, and not well suited to attract talent. The management more than makes up for HR's shortcomings and inexperience though. Background checks are overly thorough digging up the smallest infraction from 7 years ago and dragging it out to be discussed unnecessarily.

Interview Questions

• There were no especially off the wall questions, it was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary control is mostly controlled by the hiring manager (and their director)

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy Phone and Interview process

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in March 2012.

Interview

Video interview..

Interview Questions

• What makes u qualified for this job   1 Answer

Engineer Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR/Outreach. Then 1 or 2 interviews with 2 hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose construction? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple offer letter. If accepted, your employment was contigent on the results of your drug screening.

Director, Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in December 2011.

Interview

Found posting for job on LinkedIn. Was contacted very quickly by external recruiter. Two interviews with external recruiters before I spoke with HR rep from company. All these interviews were via telephone. Did three video interviews (including one with hiring manager) and one more phone interview. The recruiters and HR team were very professional and thorough. The company was fairly quick to respond; the process took awhile mostly due to the large number of interviews (which I didn't mind as I felt it gave me a good feel for who I'd be working with if I accepted a position with the company.) The company is acutely aware of the negatives associated with the location of the corporate HQ (Omaha) and very keen to hire people who want to live there and intend to stay for the long haul.