Kiewit Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in May 2014.

Interview Details – First is phone interview, then after a week, go to office for group interview. I talked with the hiring manager and their team directly. Not very positive feeling. I did not receive any feedback after one week, then I sent email to manager for asking the result. He told me they find the right person already.

Interview Question – Normal questions. Why accounting? why this position?   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Enterprise Architect
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very immature, people are continually changing, and not well suited to attract talent. The management more than makes up for HR's shortcomings and inexperience though. Background checks are overly thorough digging up the smallest infraction from 7 years ago and dragging it out to be discussed unnecessarily.

Interview Question – There were no especially off the wall questions, it was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary control is mostly controlled by the hiring manager (and their director)

IM Analyst Interview

IM Analyst
Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initially worked as a contractor through a tech hiring company. Initial interview was with one of their Senior IM people and he was very personable and knowledgeable. Interviewed Monday, then had second interview the next day. The second day was a follow-up interview with another IM manager present. Overall, it was a stress-free and easy experience.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions, Strengths, weaknesses, and past projects that showed leadership and initiative. Also asked where you would like to see yourself moving up within the company, and it was important to share your knowledge with whom might be taking your position in the future as your career advances.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – Easy, 1 interview and got a call back 15 minutes later.

Interview Question – None, really... as long as you know your abilities and explain properly what they are you should be good to go.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.. take it or leave it.

Engineer Estimator Interview

Engineer Estimator
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – My interview process started after a career fair. I was called that night and scheduled a time to meet the very next day. It was with a very nice man who was with the company for over 30 years. The questions were pretty standard interview questions and it seemed more like a conversation. I was then flown into Omaha and was interviewed by 4 guys. One was pretty tough but the others more so wanted to get to know my personality. Overall it was an inviting environment with some very intelligent people.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years in this company?   Answer Question

Structural Engineer Interview

Structural Engineer
Omaha, NE

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – Easy Phone and Interview process

Interview Question – Nothing special   Answer Question

Engineer Estimator Interview

Engineer Estimator
Omaha, NE

I applied online - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR/Outreach. Then 1 or 2 interviews with 2 hiring managers.

Interview Question – Why did you choose construction? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple offer letter. If accepted, your employment was contigent on the results of your drug screening.

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
Omaha, NE

The process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – Video interview..

Interview Question – What makes u qualified for this job   View Answer

Director, Internal Communications Interview

Director, Internal Communications
Omaha, NE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in December 2011.

Interview Details – Found posting for job on LinkedIn. Was contacted very quickly by external recruiter. Two interviews with external recruiters before I spoke with HR rep from company. All these interviews were via telephone. Did three video interviews (including one with hiring manager) and one more phone interview. The recruiters and HR team were very professional and thorough. The company was fairly quick to respond; the process took awhile mostly due to the large number of interviews (which I didn't mind as I felt it gave me a good feel for who I'd be working with if I accepted a position with the company.) The company is acutely aware of the negatives associated with the location of the corporate HQ (Omaha) and very keen to hire people who want to live there and intend to stay for the long haul.

Interview Question – Why do you want to move to Omaha?   Answer Question

Entry-level Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Entry-level Geotechnical Engineer
Omaha, NE

The process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in August 2011.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview that went well enough. More like a casual conversation than an interview. Then had a webcam interview. I spoke with five engineers of differing experience with lots of question overlap. Standard "gotcha" questions (Name a time you chose to disobey a superior to get a job done.

Interview Question – Name a time you disobeyed a superior to get a job done (repeat)?   Answer Question

Worked for Kiewit Corporation? Contribute to the Community!