Kiewit Offshore

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ingleside, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ingleside, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Offshore.

I was first called and did the whole phone interview/screen process. I was then contacted to do a recorded interview. In this interview you read the question on the screen and then record your answer. This only took about 15 - 20 minutes.
After the recorded interview, I was called to do an in person interview at the site. The onsite interview really is more of a way to see how you interact with other people and to see how personable you are.
It was a group setting when you first arrive. There is a mixer at the hotel where all the interviewees are staying. At the mixer you meet a few employees and your fellow candidates.
The next day we went to the job site and did a tour of the facility, had a Q/A session with one of the engineers and then had interviews.
The interview is set up where you and about 4 or 5 other interviewees sit at separate tables and the interviewers (between 4-6 of them) will move between table interviewing each candidate.
Afterwards, you eat lunch and go home.
Your recruiter is there the whole time and available to answer any questions.

Interview Questions
  • Not sure there were any that were that difficult. They ask you standard interview questions to gage your personality, ethics, initiative, etc.
    Some interviewers may change it up to get to know you a little better rather than hear the "rehearsed" answers.
      Answer Question
I didn't negotiate but you have an opportunity to ask for more when they call you with your offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Offshore

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kiewit Offshore in November 2012.

Very informal interview, dressed for success with a nice pair of slacks and nice white collar shirt. Interviewer had a standard list of questions but it was more of a get to know who you are kind of interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing that came unexpected. The interviewer put me at ease and it was a pleasant experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kiewit Offshore in April 2010.

Met at career fair for first interaction.
    Called and setup formal interview at another career fair. Met with two employees.
    Setup a site visit and several one on one interviews with management.
    Offer made.

Accept it or not.

Field Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kiewit Offshore in September 2010.

Met Kiewit representatives at a career fair and was offered an interview the next day. Interview consisted of a 3 person panel and was, for the most part, a casual experience. Most questions were fairly open-ended, such as "tell us about yourself" and "what do you know about Kiewit". I was also asked (2 or 3 times) if I was looking to join the company for long term or just looking for experience. About 35-40% of the interview consisted of them asking me questions and the rest involved me asking questions. Overall the interview lasted a little over an hour. While interviewing it seemed that leadership was an important quality in a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • We are interviewing a lot of people today, why should we hire you? What do you have that the others don't?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kiewit Offshore in September 2009.

Got the interview through talking to an HR representitive at a Career Fair. 3 people interviewed me and the first question that was asked was tell me about yourself. Then they wanted to know about my past internship experiences with other companies. Everyone asked a question and they were big on extracurricular activities in college.

Field Engineering Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kiewit Offshore in September 2009.

We met at the career fair held at the university. The interview was held on campus the next day. There were 2 interviewers, a Kiewit Engineer and a Student recently hired. I was told it would be the only interview if I succeeded, there would be no need for a second interview. The recently hired graduate asked most of the questions, but the engineer had a few according to what I responded to the answers. They asked about leadership positions and physical activity involvements (i.e. sports, construction experience). Also, there were questions like where would I see myself in 5 years or so. Although it is not required, they very much prefer students with previous work experience.