Kiewit Offshore

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very informal interview, dressed for success with a nice pair of slacks and nice white collar shirt. Interviewer had a standard list of questions but it was more of a get to know who you are kind of interview.

Interview Question – There was nothing that came unexpected. The interviewer put me at ease and it was a pleasant experience   Answer Question

Field Engineer
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in April 2010.

Interview Details – Met at career fair for first interaction.
Called and setup formal interview at another career fair. Met with two employees.
Setup a site visit and several one on one interviews with management.
Offer made.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accept it or not.

Field Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in September 2010.

Interview Details – Met Kiewit representatives at a career fair and was offered an interview the next day. Interview consisted of a 3 person panel and was, for the most part, a casual experience. Most questions were fairly open-ended, such as "tell us about yourself" and "what do you know about Kiewit". I was also asked (2 or 3 times) if I was looking to join the company for long term or just looking for experience. About 35-40% of the interview consisted of them asking me questions and the rest involved me asking questions. Overall the interview lasted a little over an hour. While interviewing it seemed that leadership was an important quality in a candidate.

Interview Question – We are interviewing a lot of people today, why should we hire you? What do you have that the others don't?   Answer Question

Field Engineering Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in September 2009.

Interview Details – We met at the career fair held at the university. The interview was held on campus the next day. There were 2 interviewers, a Kiewit Engineer and a Student recently hired. I was told it would be the only interview if I succeeded, there would be no need for a second interview. The recently hired graduate asked most of the questions, but the engineer had a few according to what I responded to the answers. They asked about leadership positions and physical activity involvements (i.e. sports, construction experience). Also, there were questions like where would I see myself in 5 years or so. Although it is not required, they very much prefer students with previous work experience.

Interview Questions

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in September 2009.

Interview Details – Got the interview through talking to an HR representitive at a Career Fair. 3 people interviewed me and the first question that was asked was tell me about yourself. Then they wanted to know about my past internship experiences with other companies. Everyone asked a question and they were big on extracurricular activities in college.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Kiewit Offshore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kiewit Offshore Field Engineer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kiewit Offshore employees and interview candidates.