Kilpatrick Stockton

2.8

Patent Attorney/Patent Prosecutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

submit resume, phone interview, in-person interviews, offer, reply to offer
    some follow up regarding compensation, but little ability to negotiate
    ability to meet again with attorneys if desired
    lunch with several members of group

Interview Questions
    • what clients were the most difficult to work with   View Answer

firm seems unstable and has lost most of its cachet
    difficult work-life balance for patent attorneys
    a lot of turnover of attorneys
    leadership seemed poor
    uncertain if people who trained me would be around long

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kilpatrick Stockton in June 2012.

Emailed the Monday following my Friday resume submission; called and spoke with contact who was very friendly and setup phone interview with hiring manager; she also asked about my salary requirements which I thought was a bit rude if not already supplied online; Phone interview (on Tuesday) lasted 15 minutes and manager was very rude; did not give a time when to expect a decision from them; very easy questions

Service center support staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Kilpatrick Stockton in February 2009.

I emailed my resume and hand-delivered a resume in person. I received a call a few days later for an interview. I filled out the company's job application and then was taken into a room to be
    interviewed by the support services manager and the woman who would be my immediate supervisor.
    The support services manager was very affable, explained the duties of the job, salary, etc. Then
    the woman took me for a tour of the support services floor where I would actually be working. She answered questions and was very honest and upfront about the job duties.

Interview Questions
    • For this particular job, none of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Kilpatrick Stockton in May 2011.

Since the firm is known primarily for IP and Trademark work, they are tech savvy. My initial communication with HR was through e-mail. Therefore definitely have electronic copies of your resume available. When they expressed serious interest, I spoke with HR by phone to set up a 1:1 interview. The 1:1 was pretty easygoing. Even if you submit electronically, still bring a hard copy for the in person ineterview. The manager was very friendly. The manager called me back within the week to extend an offer. Support staff friendly with each other but attorneys don't really talk to the support staff. Office environment relaxed, jean Fridays.

Interview Questions
    Not a lot of room to negotiate. I would ask for the median as your initial proposal so even if they offer you less, you still end up higher than your lowest range.

Worked for Kilpatrick Stockton? Contribute to the Community!