Kimball Midwest

Updated Nov 6, 2014
Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.8

Manager In Training Interview

Worst interview I have ever been on in my life, 18 year old kid conducting interviews for professional positions makes the entire experience awkward.... They have you complete a "general knowledge" skills test on an old computer for 15 min. before they take you back for the interview. Building is undergoing maintenance so you have to walk through a dirt path to even enter through the front door. Basically everything was unprofessional and i would never accept an offer from Kimball Midwest and I advise others to beware.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel answering interview questions from a kid half your age who is clearly brand spankin' new to the business?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kimball Midwest.

Contacted initially by recruiting dept. for a phone screen, then manager contacted and met in person to discuss company, answered questions thoroughly. Went on a JOT (job observation tour) spoke with prospective mgr's boss and was offered position

Interview Questions
    • What kind of sales background do you have from your previous positions   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kimball Midwest in February 2014.

Phone interview with recruiter within a day of applying. Second interview offered within a week.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kimball Midwest in July 2013.

HR team is extremely upbeat and professional. There are many steps to the overall process including Caliper Assessments for situational and aptitude. I believe I interviewed four times and had two rounds of assessments. Overall various team members were upbeat. Style of one interviewer did border on antagonistic.

Interview Questions
    • Caliper Assessment Tool Used. Canned questions. Work related with little context provided   View Answer

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Kimball Midwest in May 2013.

Recruited through recruiting dept, had initial phone interview, had a meeting at headquarters, had JOT (job observation tour) where I rode around with a sales rep, had another meeting at headquarters for a presentation and caliper test, then went to Columbus for offer

Interview Questions
    Gave me offer, I accepted a few days later

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kimball Midwest.

A couple of interviews over lunch where their sales pitch was recited each time. The toughest question was "do you think you can do that?"

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Kimball Midwest in April 2012.

Contact you, then set a time and date to meet. Face-to-face interview with questions. After, they will contact you whether they want you back for a second interview. If you get called back for a second interview, the process will be longer for them to see if you are the right choice for hire.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kimball Midwest in December 2010.

The process started with a phone call from the sales recruiter, and she was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the position and expectations. We talked about my background, what I'm looking for in a new opportunity, and she answered most of the questions I had about the process and the position. She submitted my information to the manager, and I had a great phone conversation with him. We met in person, and we talked about my experiences and how that would mesh with Kimball Midwest. From there I went on a ride along, known as a JOT (Job Observation Tour) with an area trainer. It gave me a great view of what it would be like out in the field, and I was even more excited! Since they custom design the compensation packages for each person, they developed an offer for me and he presented it. I accepted and have been very happy and have seen outstanding successes in the time I've been with Kimball. I feel I have a career, and they truly appreciate my efforts.

Interview Questions
    They base your compensation on what you've done in the past, to make sure you're whole. It is amazing that a company provides this type of pay structure to complement my training program.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kimball Midwest in October 2010.

Found the job position offer on indeeded.com forwarded my resume on to headquarters,about 45 days later a recruiter called from kimball midwest and i had a phone interview with her for about 20 minutes,after that i was askes to take a couple of test online,skills,personality and intelligence. Recieved a call about 2 days later to say i passed the tests and they would like me to interview with the district manager. 1 or 2 days later the district manager called me to do a phone interveiw for about 40 minutes. 1 1/2 weeks later the district manager called and wanted to do a sit down interveiw,got together at starbucks around 4pm lasted 45 minutes, 1 week later manager asked for another meeting at the same place, after about 5 weeks of interviewing i asked the manager if they had made a decission a week later i was offered a sales job with many conditions. Interview was kind of wishy washy so ask before you take the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was askes if i was married and had kids.   View Answer
    The company does not negotiate with nobody so it is what is offered or no position. Ask everything about the position first,start up fees,hours,pay,benifits and manager support.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kimball Midwest in March 2010.

If you have 200 customer list they will hire you, that is all they want. Do not sign their contract worst in the industry. Non-compete it will eat you up and they will sue you no matter what.

Interview Questions
    • do you have a backbone as you are going to screw your friends whom you have been dealing with by over charging just so you make 10-20% comish. When the competition is half your price   View Answer
    none, they lie to you about here is what we will pay you, but if you don't hit your quota you can't even afford the gas it costs you to go out and make calls. They will not pay for anything it is all on you. Computers, equipments, business cards, line cards, everything you pay the company will not. What does that tell you???