Kimball Midwest Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.6

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kimball Midwest (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Called by HR, interviewed via telephone, moved on to face to face interview with District Manager and drove to where he was 40 miles from my home after flying back from my current job in another state.

Interview Questions

• What is your current pay scale..   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Interview

Worst interview I have ever been on in my life, 18 year old kid conducting interviews for professional positions makes the entire experience awkward.... They have you complete a "general knowledge" skills test on an old computer for 15 min. before they take you back for the interview. Building is undergoing maintenance so you have to walk through a dirt path to even enter through the front door. Basically everything was unprofessional and i would never accept an offer from Kimball Midwest and I advise others to beware.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel answering interview questions from a kid half your age who is clearly brand spankin' new to the business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kimball Midwest (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Meet at hotel or restaurant to conduct interviews. Starts with phone calls to establish interest on both sides. Will set you up with temporary login to website to watch their videos about demonstrating products at custom locations

Interview Questions

• Can you sell high quality products based off value and not price   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kimball Midwest.

Interview

Contacted initially by recruiting dept. for a phone screen, then manager contacted and met in person to discuss company, answered questions thoroughly. Went on a JOT (job observation tour) spoke with prospective mgr's boss and was offered position

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales background do you have from your previous positions   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kimball Midwest in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter within a day of applying. Second interview offered within a week.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kimball Midwest (Columbus, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

HR team is extremely upbeat and professional. There are many steps to the overall process including Caliper Assessments for situational and aptitude. I believe I interviewed four times and had two rounds of assessments. Overall various team members were upbeat. Style of one interviewer did border on antagonistic.

Interview Questions

• Caliper Assessment Tool Used. Canned questions. Work related with little context provided   1 Answer

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Kimball Midwest (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Recruited through recruiting dept, had initial phone interview, had a meeting at headquarters, had JOT (job observation tour) where I rode around with a sales rep, had another meeting at headquarters for a presentation and caliper test, then went to Columbus for offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Gave me offer, I accepted a few days later

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kimball Midwest.

Interview

A couple of interviews over lunch where their sales pitch was recited each time. The toughest question was "do you think you can do that?"

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kimball Midwest (Cleveland, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

Contact you, then set a time and date to meet. Face-to-face interview with questions. After, they will contact you whether they want you back for a second interview. If you get called back for a second interview, the process will be longer for them to see if you are the right choice for hire.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kimball Midwest (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

The process started with a phone call from the sales recruiter, and she was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the position and expectations. We talked about my background, what I'm looking for in a new opportunity, and she answered most of the questions I had about the process and the position. She submitted my information to the manager, and I had a great phone conversation with him. We met in person, and we talked about my experiences and how that would mesh with Kimball Midwest. From there I went on a ride along, known as a JOT (Job Observation Tour) with an area trainer. It gave me a great view of what it would be like out in the field, and I was even more excited! Since they custom design the compensation packages for each person, they developed an offer for me and he presented it. I accepted and have been very happy and have seen outstanding successes in the time I've been with Kimball. I feel I have a career, and they truly appreciate my efforts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They base your compensation on what you've done in the past, to make sure you're whole. It is amazing that a company provides this type of pay structure to complement my training program.