Kimball Midwest Sales Representative Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kimball Midwest (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

The process started with a phone call from the sales recruiter, and she was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the position and expectations. We talked about my background, what I'm looking for in a new opportunity, and she answered most of the questions I had about the process and the position. She submitted my information to the manager, and I had a great phone conversation with him. We met in person, and we talked about my experiences and how that would mesh with Kimball Midwest. From there I went on a ride along, known as a JOT (Job Observation Tour) with an area trainer. It gave me a great view of what it would be like out in the field, and I was even more excited! Since they custom design the compensation packages for each person, they developed an offer for me and he presented it. I accepted and have been very happy and have seen outstanding successes in the time I've been with Kimball. I feel I have a career, and they truly appreciate my efforts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They base your compensation on what you've done in the past, to make sure you're whole. It is amazing that a company provides this type of pay structure to complement my training program.

Other Interview Reviews for Kimball Midwest

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kimball Midwest (Orange, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Found the job position offer on indeeded.com forwarded my resume on to headquarters,about 45 days later a recruiter called from kimball midwest and i had a phone interview with her for about 20 minutes,after that i was askes to take a couple of test online,skills,personality and intelligence. Recieved a call about 2 days later to say i passed the tests and they would like me to interview with the district manager. 1 or 2 days later the district manager called me to do a phone interveiw for about 40 minutes. 1 1/2 weeks later the district manager called and wanted to do a sit down interveiw,got together at starbucks around 4pm lasted 45 minutes, 1 week later manager asked for another meeting at the same place, after about 5 weeks of interviewing i asked the manager if they had made a decission a week later i was offered a sales job with many conditions. Interview was kind of wishy washy so ask before you take the job offer.

Interview Questions

• I was askes if i was married and had kids.   2 Answers

Negotiation

The company does not negotiate with nobody so it is what is offered or no position. Ask everything about the position first,start up fees,hours,pay,benifits and manager support.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kimball Midwest in February 2009.

Interview

I interviewed by phone with a corporate recruiter, than spoke to a Manager the same week. Setup a face to face interview for the following Tuesday. They do want to make sure that they are making the right hire so, I got to ride with one of the current reps and see what it would be like. I then meet with the Manager again face to face to recieve and accept the offer. My whole process took less then 1 mth to complete and I knew exactly what the job entailed and what to expect.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the entire package. They are very flexible and customize the offers to the individual