Kimberly-Clark Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kimberly-Clark.

Interview

I have interviewed with this company three times now. Each time I had an initial phone screen, then a few weeks later this was followed by a three and a half hour behavioral interview. The interview itself is tough for the unprepared, you are interviewed separately by x# of individuals who will be working with you. The most frustrating aspect is getting any kind of feedback from those who interviewed you.

KC follows Lean manufacturing principles. I find their interview process anything but. I understand wanting to find the best individual for the job, but this is a bit extreme.

In the past, I have gotten rejection letters promptly within a week of the on site interview. The last position I interviewed for was over a month ago and I am still waiting to hear anything from KC. Very frustrating.

Supply Chain Interview

Interview

Talked to the representative on campus. Was given the on-site invitation the same day. On-site is 2 day event with some networking, plant touring, and interviews. People were very nice and seem to like their jobs.

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kimberly-Clark.

Interview

They came to our college career fair. The questions were behavioral. "tell me a time when you were in a difficult situation and how did you over come it. I heard back within the next couple of weeks with an offer. Before I even accepted my future manager called me to see if I had any questions about the job or the location and anything he could do to help. It was a very easy process and we had calls to make sure I had an apartment and everything ready for my start date.

Make sure to research the company before hand to have an understanding of the culture and what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you received negative feedback and how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a very competitive salary and assistance in locating housing.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kimberly-Clark.

Interview

Contacted through school. Basic interview based on the STAR format. Strongly emphasized analysis and statistical skills. Looking for specific examples of teamwork, in depth data analysis, and the results. Be able to explain why you want to work at Kimberly Clark. Also experiences about leadership and working with a difficult team member. Very specific examples are always preferred over general concepts.

Interview Questions

• All questions were STAR format - How have you led a team? How did you solve a problem with statistical analysis? What were the results?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kimberly-Clark.

Interview

The first round interview was simply behavioral. The recruiter just wanted to get to know me better, asked about who I was, things on my resume. Second and final round interview will be at the company headquarters and will be technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to make a decision and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kimberly-Clark in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke with them at my school's career fair and received an on-campus interview invitation a short while later. A few days before the interview was an information session with catered food, where the two people from KC were very friendly and informative. The initial interview was fairly laid back and entirely behavioral based. About a week after this, I was invited to Neenah, WI for an on-site interview. KC took care of all the travel and hotel arrangements. Almost immediately upon arriving in Wisconsin, I boarded a bus and took a tour of the surrounding area. Pretty spread out, but not terrible. After finishing this tour, we arrived at the Neenah Conference Center for dinner and more information about the company and what it offered. After this we were taken to the hotel for the night. The next day we woke up early and had breakfast at the hotel, then went to a nearby manufacturing facility to take a tour and see how the products were made and the mill ran. Finally, we were taken to KC's main building for interviews. There were 3 hour long behavioral interviews and one case study, which was actually pretty fun. The behavioral interviews were pretty arduous, since they were basically back to back to back and it was sometimes difficult to come up with new answers to similar questions. I told them my preference was Roswell, Georgia instead of Neenah and they worked very hard to accommodate this when I got my offer. I accepted the offer for Roswell. The people the whole way through this interview process seemed to genuinely care about what you were saying and what your future plans were, which is why I accepted the offer to work here.

Interview Questions

• Examining a case study to determine whether or not a project should continue to be pursued, changed, or cancelled based on reading emails from made up employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but that was fine with me because of the good starting salary and upward potential after a couple years.

Finance Interview

Interview

A recruiter invited me to an interview after career fair. Did not require a cover letter, just a resume. Interview was fine (lots of behavioral questions) until they started asking questions meant for the full-time job interviews. Those caught me off guard since I had only taken one Finance class at the time. Also, know as many products/brands they have as possible, they will ask you to name them.

Interview Questions

• If you were on Shark Tank, what three finance-related questions would you ask the company. Be specific and explain why for each.   Answer Question

Safety Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kimberly-Clark.

Interview

Stupid HR questions they ask a lot of stuff that may not pertain to you but want you to answer the question anyways, the questions are from left field and have nothing to do with the actual job

Interview Questions

• What size is your shoe and why   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kimberly-Clark.

Interview

I found the job on my Universities job site. I applied and they got back to me in about two days. I went in for the interview and they asked very standard behavioral questions. It was a super behavioral interview and there was absolutely no dialogue. Just be yourself and you should be fine. This was honestly my first interview ever and I was just nervous.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to solve a problem in an unexpected way   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kimberly-Clark.

Interview

1 phone interview with questions on background and experience. On site interview lasted 5 hrs with multiple interviews with small teams. Questions were scenario based. They did a good job with introducing all relevant employees and gave a tour of the facility. Got a rejection within a week after the interview.