Kimley-Horn and Associates

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had a on-campus interview shortly after meeting their staff at the civil engineering career fair on campus. while the first interview was short, the interviewer was friendly and relaxed and allowed me to show my interest and work experience while relating to me his personal experience at the company. The second interview took place over a few hours in their Atlanta office and their Norcross office. The staff were friendly, young, and relaxed. It was a very comfortable interview atmosphere. As with the first interview they allowed me ample time to convey my interest and limited work experience. I met with a total of 8 staff members ,including two of their "young professionals" and they very clearly expressed the expectations of the position and showed me what I could expect to learn as an intern there. Overall, Kimley-Horn provided an excellent interview experience and though I did not get the position, I will definitely apply again in the future.

Interview Question – there were no difficult or unexpected questions, the interview consisted of them asking me about my personal interests an experience since the position was an "unskilled intern"   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

Interview Details – We met over lunch first. Very casual and comfortable. Second meeting was another lunch with 2 more team members. Third meeting felt more like an interview and was in the office. By this time, I knew the people pretty well and felt very comfortable with them. They wanted to get to know me personally as well as understand my work history. I felt comfortable asking questions about their expectations and would advise others to get a feel for the culture during this process. It's definitely a team-driven decision once an offer is made.

Interview Question – No questions were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't be wishy-washy in your salary expectations. Be specific and firm in what you would hope to make if you were offered a position. Make sure you understand the bonus program. This is a huge part of the compensation structure.

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Duluth, GA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates in March 2014.

Interview Details – Decent interview. Felt very positive about position and responsibilities and fetlt that I was a very good fit. Did not get hired for position and the follow though after the interview was nonexistent. They did not contact me to tell me I did not get the position. I had to contact them.

Interview Question – Asked engineering questions, which I could not answer. I am not an engineer and did not apply for an engineer's job.   Answer Question

Civil Engineering Analyst Interview

Civil Engineering Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates in February 2014.

Interview Details – As a new hire, I was first interview by an HR rep on my college campus. The next step was going to the office for an "office interview". I met with 4 mid-level engineers for 30-45 min each, then went to lunch with a couple experienced analysts for a less formal close to the morning.

Interview Question – What is the biggest risk you've ever taken?   View Answer

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

Interview Details – Was a long time ago. Very formal and extensive, but thorough and met many people during the visit. The offer was presented very promptly with an option to relocate to another city (WPB) - this also included a visit to meet with other peers and leaders there - I accepted of course.

Interview Question – Describe your career growth expectations and goals for each of the 10 year milestones of your anticipated career duration.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
University Of, FL

Interview Details – I was hired via a recruiting process at my University. it was fairly straight-forward and 24 years ago was looking to land a job. Little did I realize I was landing a career and a family.

Interview Question – Questions about leadership skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered and I accepted. No negotiation.

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

Interview Details – The hiring process is great. The recruiters are not car salesman. They are honest and provide you with important information to help you make the right decision.

Interview Question – There were a lot of behavioral style interview questions that I wasn't accustomed to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Kimley-Horn put their best foot forward on the first offer so there was no negotiation phase.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Vero Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates in June 2010.

Interview Details – We recruit on college campuses and place ads; Our best hires are referrals from our own people. These are people we know, we like, we know they can deliver and we want to work beside. We hire to meet needs and to create opportunities. We treat each hire like they will spend their entire career with us.

Interview Question – How do you respond in an environment that is very challenging, stressful, where there are high expectations of you, and how do you recharge your batteries to reengage the next day; day after day?   Answer Question

Practice Builder/Senior Vice President Interview

Practice Builder/Senior Vice President
Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

Interview Details – I knoew a person who left the firm I was with and returned to KH. I was relocating and he was able to connect me with folks that offered me an interview.

Interview Question – questions were easy and strightforward. No stumpers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none. their offer was 33% more than my competing offer and a 2K signing bonus. I needed the money. I was sold.

Transportation Engineer Interview

Transportation Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was interesting. Started by developing a personal business plan on where I could be most successful. The profit sharing, bonus, path to ownership, etc. was the most eye opening discussion.

Interview Question – Help us identify the clients that you expect to serve if we hire you, along with the type of projects they work on, the amount spent on engineering work for those projects, and how much work you could expect to win from those clients over the next five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was fairly easy once I recognized the "extra" benefits that came from performance.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kimley-Horn and Associates

Worked for Kimley-Horn and Associates? Contribute to the Community!