Kimley-Horn and Associates

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Duluth, GA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates in March 2014.

Interview Details – Decent interview. Felt very positive about position and responsibilities and fetlt that I was a very good fit. Did not get hired for position and the follow though after the interview was nonexistent. They did not contact me to tell me I did not get the position. I had to contact them.

Interview Question – Asked engineering questions, which I could not answer. I am not an engineer and did not apply for an engineer's job.   Answer Question

Civil Engineering Analyst Interview

Civil Engineering Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates in February 2014.

Interview Details – As a new hire, I was first interview by an HR rep on my college campus. The next step was going to the office for an "office interview". I met with 4 mid-level engineers for 30-45 min each, then went to lunch with a couple experienced analysts for a less formal close to the morning.

Interview Question – What is the biggest risk you've ever taken?   View Answer

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

Interview Details – Was a long time ago. Very formal and extensive, but thorough and met many people during the visit. The offer was presented very promptly with an option to relocate to another city (WPB) - this also included a visit to meet with other peers and leaders there - I accepted of course.

Interview Question – Describe your career growth expectations and goals for each of the 10 year milestones of your anticipated career duration.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
University Of, FL

Interview Details – I was hired via a recruiting process at my University. it was fairly straight-forward and 24 years ago was looking to land a job. Little did I realize I was landing a career and a family.

Interview Question – Questions about leadership skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered and I accepted. No negotiation.

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

Interview Details – The hiring process is great. The recruiters are not car salesman. They are honest and provide you with important information to help you make the right decision.

Interview Question – There were a lot of behavioral style interview questions that I wasn't accustomed to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Kimley-Horn put their best foot forward on the first offer so there was no negotiation phase.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Vero Beach, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates in June 2010.

Interview Details – We recruit on college campuses and place ads; Our best hires are referrals from our own people. These are people we know, we like, we know they can deliver and we want to work beside. We hire to meet needs and to create opportunities. We treat each hire like they will spend their entire career with us.

Interview Question – How do you respond in an environment that is very challenging, stressful, where there are high expectations of you, and how do you recharge your batteries to reengage the next day; day after day?   Answer Question

Practice Builder/Senior Vice President Interview

Practice Builder/Senior Vice President
Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

Interview Details – I knoew a person who left the firm I was with and returned to KH. I was relocating and he was able to connect me with folks that offered me an interview.

Interview Question – questions were easy and strightforward. No stumpers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none. their offer was 33% more than my competing offer and a 2K signing bonus. I needed the money. I was sold.

Transportation Engineer Interview

Transportation Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was interesting. Started by developing a personal business plan on where I could be most successful. The profit sharing, bonus, path to ownership, etc. was the most eye opening discussion.

Interview Question – Help us identify the clients that you expect to serve if we hire you, along with the type of projects they work on, the amount spent on engineering work for those projects, and how much work you could expect to win from those clients over the next five years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was fairly easy once I recognized the "extra" benefits that came from performance.

Practice Builder Interview

Practice Builder
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough and involved a number of regional team, management, human resources and professional staff. Impressed with their knowledge of my background (they've obviously done their homework) and their business and corporate philosophy. The team was very collegial, seemed to enjoy their work, working for the company and with each other.

Interview Question – The discussion involved questions about what type of practice plan I would envision including potential client, markets, and contracts.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Because of the emphasis on incentive compensation, there are a variety of options in addition to base salary that make up the total package. They were willing to work and consider creative options.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates

Interview Details – The company held open interviews at the career center at school, but they asked that you apply online first.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, the questions seemed pretty basic.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kimley-Horn and Associates

Worked for Kimley-Horn and Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kimley-Horn and Associates interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kimley-Horn and Associates employees and interview candidates.