Kimley-Horn and Associates

Kimley-Horn and Associates Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

Civil Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

I initially talked to them at a University Career Fair, and I was offered an interview the next day. A second or a final round interview would have been at their office within a few months. A lot of common interview questions were asked

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a situation where you had to convince someone of a different opinion.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

I met a recruiter at a college career fair. Then I had a 15 minute on-campus interview. They didn't ask very many questions. Then, about 4 weeks later, I was asked to interview with one of the locations I requested.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates in October 2014.

Applied online and also attended career fair to talk to recruiters. They were very helpful and gave me the information I required. Conducted a phone interview and also corresponded through email with the employer. They kept up with me and informed me of how the status of my application was going which was nice.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions where some what rigorous on electrical fundamentals and also questions about the company culture and vision.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

After meeting the HR person at a career fair, she called me the next day to schedule an interview for the end of the week. The HR person took notes while someone in sales interviewed me. The interviewer was very deadpan and asked very personal, inappropriate questions. Some of the questions included "why consulting?" and "why Kimley-Horn?" He also asked me to tell them about myself and went through my resume in front of me picking out interesting bullet points that jumped out at him.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you volunteer at the Cancer Center?" It was a very unexpected question and seemed very personal and intrusive and not related at all to the job I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

We met over lunch first. Very casual and comfortable. Second meeting was another lunch with 2 more team members. Third meeting felt more like an interview and was in the office. By this time, I knew the people pretty well and felt very comfortable with them. They wanted to get to know me personally as well as understand my work history. I felt comfortable asking questions about their expectations and would advise others to get a feel for the culture during this process. It's definitely a team-driven decision once an offer is made.

Interview Questions
    Don't be wishy-washy in your salary expectations. Be specific and firm in what you would hope to make if you were offered a position. Make sure you understand the bonus program. This is a huge part of the compensation structure.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Was a long time ago. Very formal and extensive, but thorough and met many people during the visit. The offer was presented very promptly with an option to relocate to another city (WPB) - this also included a visit to meet with other peers and leaders there - I accepted of course.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your career growth expectations and goals for each of the 10 year milestones of your anticipated career duration.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Of, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Of, FL

I was hired via a recruiting process at my University. it was fairly straight-forward and 24 years ago was looking to land a job. Little did I realize I was landing a career and a family.

Interview Questions
    They offered and I accepted. No negotiation.

Practice Builder/Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

I knoew a person who left the firm I was with and returned to KH. I was relocating and he was able to connect me with folks that offered me an interview.

Interview Questions
    none. their offer was 33% more than my competing offer and a 2K signing bonus. I needed the money. I was sold.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

The hiring process is great. The recruiters are not car salesman. They are honest and provide you with important information to help you make the right decision.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of behavioral style interview questions that I wasn't accustomed to.   Answer Question
    Kimley-Horn put their best foot forward on the first offer so there was no negotiation phase.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates in April 2014.

I had a on-campus interview shortly after meeting their staff at the civil engineering career fair on campus. while the first interview was short, the interviewer was friendly and relaxed and allowed me to show my interest and work experience while relating to me his personal experience at the company. The second interview took place over a few hours in their Atlanta office and their Norcross office. The staff were friendly, young, and relaxed. It was a very comfortable interview atmosphere. As with the first interview they allowed me ample time to convey my interest and limited work experience. I met with a total of 8 staff members ,including two of their "young professionals" and they very clearly expressed the expectations of the position and showed me what I could expect to learn as an intern there. Overall, Kimley-Horn provided an excellent interview experience and though I did not get the position, I will definitely apply again in the future.

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult or unexpected questions, the interview consisted of them asking me about my personal interests an experience since the position was an "unskilled intern"   Answer Question