Kimley-Horn and Associates Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews and the opportunity to meet different people from leaders to colleagues. Met with internal recruiter and discussed the org structure, work types and opportunities at the company. Friendly interview process, questions asked were professional, in-depth, and comprehensive. Overall the interview process was enjoyable even though I did not get the position. I met with over eight people in the interview process, although it was in-depth, I appreciate the extra step and care taken to find the right people for the right positions.

Civil Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

Interview

Met with a representative at a career fair and got a phone interview the next week. The interview was with someone in HR and was extremely broad and short. I did not feel like the questions were enough to really express who I am and my experience. They then said they would get back to me within a week whether or not I would proceed with the interviewing process; it was a month before I got my rejection email.

Entry Level Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was connected to the company through a undergraduate field project at my university. I had an initial phone interview asking basic questions about my experience and interests in the field of Civil Engineering. About a week later I was asked to come in for three 1-on-1 interviews that lasted about 30 minutes each. Each interviewer spoke about the company and detailed on basic descriptions of the job, while also probing me further about my experience and throwing in occasional basic interview questions. I was then taken to lunch by two current young professionals at the office. I heard back approximately a week later.

Interview Questions

• What is a lesson you have learned in life outside of school and work that changed who you are as a person for the better? How does this make you a better prospective employee?   Answer Question

Transportation EIT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

Interview

My HR person was very nice. The interview started by telling the interviewer a little bit about myself and progressed from there. Overall a great conversation and I am very impressed with Kimley-Horn. I would recommend having some questions prepared to ask the interviewers, as there was a lot of time for me to ask questions and I think it helped both parties to learn more about each other, the individual being me, and the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were challenged and you didn't totally succeed and then describe how you recovered.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. Interviewed over the phone about a week later was invited for an office interview. Then invited for a second office interview. The office interviews were easy and the questions were basic and to the point.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Went to a career fair at my university and heard back within a month about coming in for on-campus interviews. The on-campus interviews were conducted by an engineer and an HR staff for approximately half an hour. The on-campus interview went well, so I was scheduled to come in for an on-site interview (within a month's time). There, I talked to senior-level management and mid-level planners, and was able to ask them about specific projects they were working on. The interview process was pretty casual and the staff I met were all very welcoming. I was asked mostly qualitative questions about relevant projects and how classes I took gave me the skills required for the position. HR was fantastic on keeping in touch and checking in with me throughout the entire process. I received prompt responses and emails whenever I had questions

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates.

Interview

Phone Interview with a panel of 3 staff members, fairly relaxed. I was applying for an internship in Sarasota florida with the landscape architecture department. Overall it was a fairly average phone interview, nothing unexpected or unconventional for an internship interview.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you posses that sets you apart from other applicants?   Answer Question

Civil Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The process of interviewing with this company is usually tiered. First, you meet with lower level employees (usually at the same pay grade as you, maybe a little above) and they take you out to lunch in a more informal setting to see how well you would fit in with the office and see if personalities mesh. The second (and possibly third) portion feature higher ups that usually go into the formal, more predictable questions concerning your educational and work experience background. Questions are pretty standard, but they want to make sure you are the type of employee that does not mind/thrives working in environments that have you working very long hours.

Insurance Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates (Arlington, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

What kind of position was I looking for, what would be expected of me. They let me know that it was to cover someone that would be going on a short leave and it could possibly lead to a full time position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They placed me in at my min asking price so I would go a lil higher just to make sure you get the salary that you want

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn and Associates (Pomona, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very casual there was two interviewers. One was HR and the other a project Engineer. the questions were emphasized on bringing out your personality and whether you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

They were interested in me meeting a team in Orange County, but I was looking for a position in the Bay Area.