Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in March 2014.

I applied for the job through the website. I got a call about three days later to schedule an interview. I had my interview on a Saturday with the front desk manager and the hotel general manager for 45 minutes. They offered me a second interview for that Monday where I met with the HR Director for 15 minutes and the Regional Manager for a half hour. They ran my background check and called my references that Tuesday. By Friday I had been offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • How am I creative in my professional and personal life?   Answer Question
  • How have you gone above and beyond for a guest/customer in your past jobs?   Answer Question
No negotiation. It's an hourly position with a set rate.

Other Interview Reviews for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in January 2013.

First there was a phone interview to screen me. Asked a few basic questions and personal questions. Very easy going. After the phone interview I went in and interviewed with the Front Office Manager, then the Assistant GM, and then finally the GM. Just be yourself and ask questions back to them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the worst customer experience you've had a past job and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    Non negotiable. $13/hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in September 2011.

I applied to Kimpton Hotels multiple times before relocating to Portland, OR but received little feedback until I was referred by a current employee. As I recall, I interviewed with the person who would become my boss first... expect the general questions ("What do you know about our company?"; "Why do you want to work here?") and scenarios ("Detail a time you had a difficult experience with a guest," etc., etc.). It went well and the interviewer was friendly and easy to get along with. I also had to meet with additional executive members and I do not specifically recall anyone aside from the General Manager. By that point, I assumed I already had the job.

There is a background check, but no drug screening for this specific hotel and/or position.

Interview Questions
    • "Detail a time you encountered an irate guest and explain how you handled the situation"
      (Really, not any difficult or unexpected questions happened in this interview)

Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in November 2010.

Two interviews, informal, conversational.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in May 2007.

very simple, friendly process. it was my first customer service job, but i got the job.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you handled an angry customer?( from restaurant experience)   Answer Question
    no negotiation, already knew the hourly rate.