Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

2.5

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

The manager was misleading. The interview went fantastic and I asked them about salary right up front. It seemed like something I could work with during the beginning stages but when offered the position the salary was much lower than anticipated.Didn't end up taking the position due to pay.

Interview Questions

Pay was under market for job responsibilities

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Everything was done very professionally, I was impressed. I was made to interview with every single manager and manager in training that they currently had. They all took time to get to know me, and get a feel for the kind of person I was and would I would bring to them. I also got a tour of the hotel during the process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I decided to apply with them as oppose to other high-end hotels around the surrounding area... I wasn't expecting the question, but I knew what I liked about Kimpton from doing research to answer.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Short 20 minute interview. As long as you are able to speak clearly and are dressed nice you are pretty much guaranteed a position with the company. They will not hire for part time employment and you must start by working a breakfast and lunch schedule. Base pay is $2.13 an hour and there are not any raises given at anytime during employment while working in a tipped pay position.

no negotiation was necessary

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in June 2014.

Applied online got a call about a week later from a manger to schedule a interview with him and the HR in all the interview was very short and easy.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Very disorganized. Don't expect to hear back after your interview. I applied online and received a request for interview a couple weeks later. It was a standard screening interview with HR rep. Simple enough although she seemed to be more focused on reminding me what the position wasn't and that although it's a regional position I can't be multiple places at once. Thanks for the reminder :) We did also chat a bit about how I would hear back one way or another because when candidates have bad experiences with a recruiter it reflects poorly on the brand. Ironic because that's exactly what ended up happening. After another couple weeks I received an email requesting my availability for a second interview with the actual hiring manager. I responded the same day with my available dates and times and heard nothing. I ended up calling the HR person's direct line and learned she'd left the office for 2 weeks. Would have been courteous if she had advised as such or put up an out of office auto response instead of asking a question and walking away for 2 weeks. She eventually returned to the office and emailed me to set up a second interview, giving me a couple day's notice. I interviewed with the hiring manager. Things seem to go well and I was told the deadline for when they planned make job offers. That date came and went so I follow up and was told they were still sorting through the first round of candidates and hope to move on and update me in a few weeks. A few more weeks pass and I follow up once more then crickets. It's fine if I'm not selected as a final candidate. It's fine to unexpectedly have to extend your hiring timeline. But it's unacceptable and inconsiderate to string candidates along and keep them in the dark about their status especially when they reach out to inquire.

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

The interview didn't take long... I was there on time but had to wait for almost 40 minutes until they started the interview. The manager was busy. Later on I learned that it wasn't only myself but it happened to other coworkers too.

Interview Questions
    • Told me directly that they can't offer me the job I applied for but they do have another position that would be a perfect fit for me.   Answer Question

I didn't get I was looking for.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in January 2013.

First there was a phone interview to screen me. Asked a few basic questions and personal questions. Very easy going. After the phone interview I went in and interviewed with the Front Office Manager, then the Assistant GM, and then finally the GM. Just be yourself and ask questions back to them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the worst customer experience you've had a past job and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    Non negotiable. $13/hour

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in November 2012.

Stage and interview with chef. This is a typical audition for cook job. Learn the menu and know your skill level.

Front Desk Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in April 2014.

Applied online and got a call back in few days.
    Scheduled an interview with the HR manager and the General Manager. The interview was very conversational than a traditional interview.
    After few days, got an interview with the Front Desk Assistant Manager.
    Each interview was about an hour and half long.
    Very friendly and understanding.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in a year?
      What is your biggest pet peeves in a work environment?
      Have you ever had a difficult situation where you had to resolve? and how did you do it?
      What is your strength?
      What is your biggest weakness?
      What can you bring to the company?
      Tell me about yourself.
        Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in March 2014.

I applied for the job through the website. I got a call about three days later to schedule an interview. I had my interview on a Saturday with the front desk manager and the hotel general manager for 45 minutes. They offered me a second interview for that Monday where I met with the HR Director for 15 minutes and the Regional Manager for a half hour. They ran my background check and called my references that Tuesday. By Friday I had been offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How am I creative in my professional and personal life?   Answer Question
    • How have you gone above and beyond for a guest/customer in your past jobs?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It's an hourly position with a set rate.

Worked for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!