Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Social Media Manager Interview Questions

1.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in July 2013.

I was very excited to apply for this position when I saw the posting because I'm a huge fan of their hotels. I came in for three separate interviews, one with HR, one with the hiring manager and one with two other people from Marketing. They weren't very accommodating of the fact that I am currently employed, and wouldn't hold two of those interviews in one day. This was extremely challenging for me due to the proximity of my current employer, and I ended up having to take 2.5 days of vacation to attend these three separate interviews. The whole process was disorganized, but I stuck with it because they seemed like good people. I never heard back from them one way or another if I got the job (obviously I didn't). I contacted both the hiring manager and the recruiter to follow up and let me know one way or another about the position and I never heard back from either of them. I'm fine with the fact that they didn't want to hire me, but they could of at least had the respect and dignity to thank me for my time and let me know the position was given to someone else.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions were difficult, it was more of a conversation which was great. One of the people I interviewed with barely talked so it was definitely a lot more of me asking questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in November 2012.

There seems to be something very off about Kimpton and their approach to social media. First off, it's odd that this position was reposted after a few months of it off - and I was told when not offered (not that I wanted it!) that they hired someone, so I think someone might have quit knowing how bad it was. Anyway, when I interviewed, I asked a lot of questions on my own and got the feeling that whoever would step into this role would not get to do a lot of work on their own and not really make cool things happen. For example, Kimpton has a lot of regional accounts, such as @KimptonSEA - which didn't make sense. They said the regional accounts have to stay. It was such an inconsistency and it signaled that again I'd have no autonomy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

The initial interview, which was a phone screen with HR, was pretty straight forward.

I was asked to go through my resume and talk about why I wanted to work for Kimpton. The only strange part about the process was that the woman I was speaking with seemed inexplicably angry at me the whole time. She was aggressive and definitely did NOT embody the Kimpton spirit.

As a final question I was asked if I had checked out Kimpton's social media properties and if I had any feedback. I provided in-depth feedback, and shockingly the woman on the phone started getting defensive, even though she is not affiliated with the marketing department or responsible for any of the posts on social channels. She basically started debating what I was saying (which is that their strategy appears to be severely lacking and that they need to focus in on storytelling and post less irrelevant content such as Facebook posts that proclaim "Happy Rice Krispies Treat Day!"

I chose not to go any further along in the process after this incredibly awkward first round interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!