Kinder Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.8

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Phone intv., next intv with director and lead, 3rd with two HR directors, 4th with regional management. At each level questions were more job specific. Each level provided insight into the company operations and culture.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were situational specific to the job function. Questions in first two intv. Were scripted latter interviews were less formal   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

I applied 2 months prior on the KM career site. I got a call asking if I wanted to phone interview the next week. On the day and time I was told the interview would take place I got no call. I called and left and a voice mail but never heard anything again.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interviewed with the supervisor and director, took about an hour, it was very laid back, no specific accounting questions. The director seemed to be very occupied with other high priority issues that were going on at the time so mainly interviewed with the supervisor she was a nice young lady.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, just the usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Regional Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Argo, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Argo, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Approached initially by email to schedule a phone interview. Advised via email of my advancement and then to schedule of personal interview. A small office within the Argo, IL, terminal. Very laid back and personal with a mix of both males and females. Due to the nature of the industry, security is tight, but a smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • Very casual interview. Most difficult question was desired salary in which I had no basis to go off. I was able to delay my answer twice and was later given the yearly salary range for the position without requesting.   Answer Question

Analyst OA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview was with 3 directors asked several questions and performed work related test. such as spreadsheet creation and powerpoint presentation

Interview Questions
    • Conversion of Barrels to Gallons without any provided conversion   Answer Question
    none

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carteret, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carteret, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Extraordinarily well-written script for an 8-on-one interview, which brings all aspects of the job into focus.

smooth, professional

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kinder Morgan in November 2013.

I went to college career fair. I was contacted a few days later. I was interviewed by the hiring manager. There was no HR present. Mostly behavioral questions. It was a very high energy interview. There were many questions involving leadership experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer or co-worker.   Answer Question

LNG Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Was called in for an initial interview that lasted 2-3 hours. Then another interview a month later that was basically the same and lasted 3-4 hours, and was taking out for lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked a mathematical question that required knowlegdge in Physics and some Algebra. But I got the question right.   Answer Question
    Offered the position about a month after my second interview. Was told a starting date and starting pay

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kinder Morgan in March 2013.

I met them at a career fair at my school where I handed them my resume. I received an email saying that I was a preferred candidate and I was encouraged to apply. I applied online and they contacted me for an interview. I went to there job site to interview. There site is a little bit off the beaten path and is a bit hard to find. All they do is tell you the address of the location; they believe as an engineer you should be able to find the location, So read up on directions and don't be late!

Interview Questions
    • Asked mostly behavioral questions. A few questions they asked are, How do you handle conflict? When was a time you noticed a coworker not following safety regulations, and what did you do?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Kinder Morgan in March 2013.

Interview process is super easy. Submit application through UH career website. Got called for on campus interview
     No technical question, just resume and behavior questions such as:
    1/ Describe some of IT projects you work on
    2/ Situation question about team working

$25/hour is good payment for intern position

Worked for Kinder Morgan? Contribute to the Community!