Kinder Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.8

Controller/Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview

First needed to complete and pass a COBRA test which is pretty standard across the board with this job in this industry. Upon completion of the COBRA test you find out your score. If you pass you get an interview, if you fail you do not get an interview. The cobra test isn't the same as what you do from day to day but it's still good to trim the fat with applicants. The interview questions were pretty standard and basic. One of the managers interviewing didn't seem to be paying attention at all and wasn't very inviting.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a stressful situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview

The interview process was quick and informational. The interview was the easiest part of the process as a whole. You go to the location and have a 1:1 interview and if it is deemed that you are fit for the position, you get shown around the shop and then are free to leave.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was originally contacted via email. The lead HR rep reached out to me regarding a brief phone screen. The HR rep was very nice and friendly, the conversation was supposed to be maybe 15 minutes, however it turned into about 40 minutes. She asked me standard questions, asked me about my background, gave me the salary range and offered insight into the position. I was then contacted a week later about coming into the office for an in person interview. I was not aware that their interviews were panel interviews. I spoke with three different people, from three different departments (HR, recruiting and IT). The questions were not very hard, however it was hard to please everyone in the room with my answers. The IT rep didn't smile, or speak much, and only asked one question. I did ask when they were looking to make a decision, and they advised immediately, however that was three weeks ago. They did advise that they are extremely behind of the technology curve and that their systems are outdated. They are looking into upgrading their systems in the next 3 years but for now, they have a lot of manual processes.

Interview Questions

• How do you adapt to a company that is behind on technology?   Answer Question
    • Push or pull....lead or follow......   Answer Question
    • How do you determine what tasks you complete first when everyone believes their task should be at the top of your priority list?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kinder Morgan (Midland, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Called on the phone, spoke for about 15 minutes. Questions were easy and generic. Not helpful in determining the type of employee I could have been. Face-to-face interview could have been more helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were in a stressful position and overcame it.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kinder Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial interview at hiring conference in a panel interview. Follow on interview was conducted on site. There was an opportunity to talk with multiple individuals from different departments. The interview was conducted in a very professional manner and allowed for a free flowing dialog. It was an excellent experience and would strongly recommend the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you faced as a leader and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Great interview. Very nice people. Was interviewed my two people, both seemed interested. Did not get the position but was a good experience. Have minimal experience in the industry and was hoping to get inn and learn as much as possible, was very excited at the opportunity. Unfortunately I was not chosen. Interview was very insightful. The gentlemen were very descriptive regarding the job details. Lots of training provided and seemed like a lot of support. I will definitely continue to apply in the future.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview

Phone intv., next intv with director and lead, 3rd with two HR directors, 4th with regional management. At each level questions were more job specific. Each level provided insight into the company operations and culture.

Interview Questions

• The questions were situational specific to the job function. Questions in first two intv. Were scripted latter interviews were less formal   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kinder Morgan (Midland, TX).

Interview

I applied 2 months prior on the KM career site. I got a call asking if I wanted to phone interview the next week. On the day and time I was told the interview would take place I got no call. I called and left and a voice mail but never heard anything again.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with the supervisor and director, took about an hour, it was very laid back, no specific accounting questions. The director seemed to be very occupied with other high priority issues that were going on at the time so mainly interviewed with the supervisor she was a nice young lady.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions, just the usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kinder Morgan in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a Kinder Morgan Corporate Recruiter for a Project Manager position and we scheduled an on-site interview. The address provided by the recruiter was off by over 5 miles. I am glad I check through Google Maps a day prior the interview and realized the address was not accurate. The recruiter did not seem to care about the mistake.

Interview Questions

• I was unable to get more details about the job posting since the recruiter did not have a complete understanding of the position   Answer Question