Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.6

Preschool Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kindercare in January 2015.

I found the job posting online and submitted my resume and cover letter, then it was forwarded onto another location. The interview was set up the next day for a few days later. I had already interviewed earlier in the year with a different location so the process was very smooth and quick. I interviewed with Center Director and Assistant Director, then went into the classroom and got to spend time with the kids. I was offered the job before the interview concluded.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when things don't go as planned?   View Answer
    Yes, I was. I told them what I was looking for in salary and they came back with something in that range.

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

I was interviewed at a location different than where the job was. I was interviewed by the Center Director and a teacher. They asked standard questions and I was hired at the end of the interview. I had to provide my degree and resume.

Interview Questions
    • Have I registered for PDR? I just moved to the south and had no idea what she was talking about.   Answer Question

Learning Adventures Teacher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

Came professionally dressed to the interview- absolutely loved the director and assistant director. All employees very friendly and nice, were upfront about expectations. Asked about my experiences with teaching and what subjects I was most comfortable and familiar with. Then asked about my preferences with kids, explained that Kindercare does what is best for the kids. Told me everything I needed to know about the center.

Easy and fair.

Teacher Interview

all done on computer the hiring manager was not polite it was an awful experience I can't fathom how she acts now at another center she didn't keep the main entrances nor office clean

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

There are two interviews: a phone call and panel. Interviewers are not supposed to show emotion or give positive/negative reactions to answers. Panel interview lasts 30-45 minutes.They also ask several follow up questions to each main topic to ensure thorough and honest answers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to complete a task in which you did not have all the necessary supplies and how you handled it.   View Answer
    No negotiation available.

VPK Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare in May 2014.

It was good overall, she was nice but she lied to me. She said that I will get $11.00 an hour and when they hired me it was $10.50.

Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview

No interview, I informally met the director who I was referred to by a mutual friend and she hired me on the spot. Sent me to do a background check that day and then to orientation the following week. Policy has changed since. They must call professional references now before hiring a candidate.

None.

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kindercare.

You submit a resume via the website. They will call you to set up for a formal interview. They have a standard set of questions they ask and many if them are situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are ways for you to boost enrollment in the center if there are so many competitors around your center?   Answer Question

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

I applied through a walk in, the interview was almost too easy and made it seem like they would hire just about anyone.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare in January 2014.

Hiring and interview was very simple. They asked very straightforward questions, like why I wanted to be a teacher, and then took me to observe the children. I was hired on the spot. The paperwork process was very lengthy, however. I came back 3 separate times to finish paperwork.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate because of the corporate