Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.5

Lead Toddler Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

It was very casual. Some questions about your education ,behavioral questions. They will also place you in class and will observe how you interact with kids and the teachers over there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with children?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was brief. The interviewer asked only 1 question and then took me around the facility. It was a nice facility. The director was friendly and very informative about what they do at Kindercare. I especially like their upcoming new program where they let the kids explore their talents on their own.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindercare (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was greeted by the director who was friendly and professional. She asked me many "getting to know me " questions to determine the fit. I barely got home with an electronic job offer. The center was clean, inviting, and the employees were friendly. The center also had national accreditation which says a lot about the director who has been there for many years.

Interview Questions

• What age group do you prefer? How would you handle parent concerns, why do you want to work Here?   Answer Question

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kindercare (Laurel, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online. Director called me, we had a phone interview. I didn't make the in person interview. Director called me again, I went to the interview. We sat and talked. Then I was given a tour. I went to school with everyone who was working there. So it wasn't any new faces. Interview lasted 30 minutes. It was on a Friday, on Monday morning I got an email saying I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would I talk to the parents   1 Answer

Negotiation

We didn't negotiate, I said I would be happy with any amount of money. I was offered $9 an hour.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went very smoothly. It helps to be prepared by doing a little homework and familiarizing yourself with possible interview questions and keeping it friendly and relaxed. It especially helps if you love what you will be doing in the position. It will just shine through your interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few weeks. I spoke on the phone with the director to schedule and interview and met at the location. She was easy-going and asked me pretty standard questions. It felt more like a conversation than interview. We toured the building and classrooms and all of the other teachers were very friendly. I received an email with an offer that afternoon.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindercare (Renton, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I set an appointment up on the recruiter's calendar, she cancelled it because of something that came up and apologized. I reset the appointment for a new date on her calendar. I had to move my appointment, because the KU company changed my work hours for that week and then I apologized for the inconvenience. She was very cordial and understanding and let me set another appointment that would work for my new work schedule. We finally connected, had a very short conversation. The position I was applying for had been filled.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would consider working further from my home area. I was asked why I wanted the position. The regional managers are out of state for a huge conference, she's going to talk with the regional manager to see if I would be a good fit for an area close to my home area.   Answer Question

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kindercare in January 2015.

Interview

I found the job posting online and submitted my resume and cover letter, then it was forwarded onto another location. The interview was set up the next day for a few days later. I had already interviewed earlier in the year with a different location so the process was very smooth and quick. I interviewed with Center Director and Assistant Director, then went into the classroom and got to spend time with the kids. I was offered the job before the interview concluded.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when things don't go as planned?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I was. I told them what I was looking for in salary and they came back with something in that range.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I was interviewed at a location different than where the job was. I was interviewed by the Center Director and a teacher. They asked standard questions and I was hired at the end of the interview. I had to provide my degree and resume.

Interview Questions

• Have I registered for PDR? I just moved to the south and had no idea what she was talking about.   Answer Question

Learning Adventures Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Came professionally dressed to the interview- absolutely loved the director and assistant director. All employees very friendly and nice, were upfront about expectations. Asked about my experiences with teaching and what subjects I was most comfortable and familiar with. Then asked about my preferences with kids, explained that Kindercare does what is best for the kids. Told me everything I needed to know about the center.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy and fair.