Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.5

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kindercare in September 2015.

Interview

I placed my resume in & within 24 hours I received a call for an interview,once I got to the interview it went great, I met with the regional manager & center director who were super awesome, the interview was suppose to be 2 parts but they loved my spirit & offered me a position right on the spot for a lead position, not the assistant director but advancement doesn't seem too far away. Super excited :-)

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths & weakness? Give me an experience where you had to give a bad report about a child to his/her parents? How did you start the conversation? What were the end results?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was very negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Mundelein, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was short and sweet. Basic procedure questions and tour of facility. The Head Coordinator was very nice and knew she wanted to hire me within minutes. She commended me for my confidence and personality. I introduced myself to all the kids and most were outside playing. I went to a job fair first before I was called to interview here.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a kid was misbehaving and disruptive in class?   Answer Question

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare in August 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process took an hour, they asked questions about my interest in the position, what my best qualities are, etc. They went on to ask hypothetical situations such as "What would you do if a toddler was throwing a fit? What if a parents had complaints? How would you handle a school-aged child swearing?" They then showed me around the building and introduced me to the kids. After the interview they admitted that their open positions would not work with my school schedule, but they sent my information to other locations they considered "good" around the area. I got a call the next week from one of these other locations saying I was "highly recommended" and they wanted me to start ASAP. I went in the next day to meet with this new team. The location manager had explained that I have the job, it's just a matter of corporate approving of the offer. Both locations seemed to have a lack of communication with each other and with corporate. I am still waiting on the official offer, but they seemed to be willing to work with me on my school schedule (I am a graduate student taking night classes) and my wage requirements (12.50/hour). Overall a good experience!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child fell off the slide on the playground?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

The HR got back really fast. The first telephone call asked the information about the citizenship status and briefly discussed a little bit about the related working experience. The interviewer then furthered described how does school work and the job duties for the position. Then scheduled an face to face interview.

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a job fair but it doesn't look like a real job fair. Not many people came also. I was there on time but they didn't set up yet. The interview was brief. However , it is better prepare it. The director was very nice. She said I will get contact within a week. It is 4 days now. Finger crossing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindercare (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Asked to fill out background check info then basic interview questions. After I spent about 15-20 minutes in the room of my choice asking questions and helping out. Lastly was asked more personal questions like rate of pay desired, availability, and what room I would like to work in best.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you've had to deal with regarding children and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

It was very casual. Some questions about your education ,behavioral questions. They will also place you in class and will observe how you interact with kids and the teachers over there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with children?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was brief. The interviewer asked only 1 question and then took me around the facility. It was a nice facility. The director was friendly and very informative about what they do at Kindercare. I especially like their upcoming new program where they let the kids explore their talents on their own.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Memphis, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I applied online in mid-June and had my first interview a week later. The director asked me a few questions for about 10 minutes, then one of the teachers gave me a tour of the facility while looking over my resume. Then she and the director asked me questions about my background. From there I was put in 2 different classroom settings so they could observe me with the children. Overall, I spent a little over 2.5 hours there for the 1st interview. A week later (this week), I received an invitation for a second interview with corporate. I'm hoping this means that I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Name 3 characteristics of a 3 year old.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few weeks. I spoke on the phone with the director to schedule and interview and met at the location. She was easy-going and asked me pretty standard questions. It felt more like a conversation than interview. We toured the building and classrooms and all of the other teachers were very friendly. I received an email with an offer that afternoon.