Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindercare (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Asked to fill out background check info then basic interview questions. After I spent about 15-20 minutes in the room of my choice asking questions and helping out. Lastly was asked more personal questions like rate of pay desired, availability, and what room I would like to work in best.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you've had to deal with regarding children and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a job fair but it doesn't look like a real job fair. Not many people came also. I was there on time but they didn't set up yet. The interview was brief. However , it is better prepare it. The director was very nice. She said I will get contact within a week. It is 4 days now. Finger crossing.

Lead Toddler Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

It was very casual. Some questions about your education ,behavioral questions. They will also place you in class and will observe how you interact with kids and the teachers over there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with children?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was brief. The interviewer asked only 1 question and then took me around the facility. It was a nice facility. The director was friendly and very informative about what they do at Kindercare. I especially like their upcoming new program where they let the kids explore their talents on their own.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare (Memphis, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I applied online in mid-June and had my first interview a week later. The director asked me a few questions for about 10 minutes, then one of the teachers gave me a tour of the facility while looking over my resume. Then she and the director asked me questions about my background. From there I was put in 2 different classroom settings so they could observe me with the children. Overall, I spent a little over 2.5 hours there for the 1st interview. A week later (this week), I received an invitation for a second interview with corporate. I'm hoping this means that I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Name 3 characteristics of a 3 year old.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few weeks. I spoke on the phone with the director to schedule and interview and met at the location. She was easy-going and asked me pretty standard questions. It felt more like a conversation than interview. We toured the building and classrooms and all of the other teachers were very friendly. I received an email with an offer that afternoon.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindercare (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was greeted by the director who was friendly and professional. She asked me many "getting to know me " questions to determine the fit. I barely got home with an electronic job offer. The center was clean, inviting, and the employees were friendly. The center also had national accreditation which says a lot about the director who has been there for many years.

Interview Questions

• What age group do you prefer? How would you handle parent concerns, why do you want to work Here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kindercare (Laurel, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online. Director called me, we had a phone interview. I didn't make the in person interview. Director called me again, I went to the interview. We sat and talked. Then I was given a tour. I went to school with everyone who was working there. So it wasn't any new faces. Interview lasted 30 minutes. It was on a Friday, on Monday morning I got an email saying I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would I talk to the parents   1 Answer

Negotiation

We didn't negotiate, I said I would be happy with any amount of money. I was offered $9 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went very smoothly. It helps to be prepared by doing a little homework and familiarizing yourself with possible interview questions and keeping it friendly and relaxed. It especially helps if you love what you will be doing in the position. It will just shine through your interview.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindercare (Renton, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I set an appointment up on the recruiter's calendar, she cancelled it because of something that came up and apologized. I reset the appointment for a new date on her calendar. I had to move my appointment, because the KU company changed my work hours for that week and then I apologized for the inconvenience. She was very cordial and understanding and let me set another appointment that would work for my new work schedule. We finally connected, had a very short conversation. The position I was applying for had been filled.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would consider working further from my home area. I was asked why I wanted the position. The regional managers are out of state for a huge conference, she's going to talk with the regional manager to see if I would be a good fit for an area close to my home area.   Answer Question