Kindercare

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.6

Teacher Interview

all done on computer the hiring manager was not polite it was an awful experience I can't fathom how she acts now at another center she didn't keep the main entrances nor office clean

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

There are two interviews: a phone call and panel. Interviewers are not supposed to show emotion or give positive/negative reactions to answers. Panel interview lasts 30-45 minutes.They also ask several follow up questions to each main topic to ensure thorough and honest answers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to complete a task in which you did not have all the necessary supplies and how you handled it.   View Answer
    No negotiation available.

VPK Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare in May 2014.

It was good overall, she was nice but she lied to me. She said that I will get $11.00 an hour and when they hired me it was $10.50.

Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview

No interview, I informally met the director who I was referred to by a mutual friend and she hired me on the spot. Sent me to do a background check that day and then to orientation the following week. Policy has changed since. They must call professional references now before hiring a candidate.

None.

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kindercare.

You submit a resume via the website. They will call you to set up for a formal interview. They have a standard set of questions they ask and many if them are situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are ways for you to boost enrollment in the center if there are so many competitors around your center?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

I applied through a walk in, the interview was almost too easy and made it seem like they would hire just about anyone.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare in January 2014.

Hiring and interview was very simple. They asked very straightforward questions, like why I wanted to be a teacher, and then took me to observe the children. I was hired on the spot. The paperwork process was very lengthy, however. I came back 3 separate times to finish paperwork.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate because of the corporate

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kindercare.

The phone interview was very comprehensive and informative. I was allowed more than sufficient opportunity to ask questions regarding the position. The recruiter was more knowledgeable about the position and organization than I expected including growth strategies and market potentials.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or overly difficult questions, however, this was an initial phone screen.   Answer Question

Several Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Questions
    • Applied several times with Kindercare. I had maybe a few interviews. I would see a position apply and hear nothing. Week/month latter see a similar job posted. Why don’t they just hire me? I have the education and experience for the positions I am applying for. Finally one day I got a response in a form of a letter from there attorneys saying I apply to much, they are not going to hire me and stop applying. Is this legal? Isn’t that discrimination? I would not recommend them.   Answer Question

Center Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

I applied online for a number of different Director positions and received an email for each. The emails were vague and didn't tell me which site the interviews were for (I wanted to know because some of the cities were more desirable than others). I asked the person I was in contact with and he refused to tell me. Even so, I set up a phone interview for one of the positions the following day. I prepared all night and woke up very early the next day for final preparations.

The scheduled time came...and passed. I waited two hours and the interviewer never called. Haven't heard a think since.

I haven't heard from them at all.