Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.6

Several Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Applied several times with Kindercare. I had maybe a few interviews. I would see a position apply and hear nothing. Week/month latter see a similar job posted. Why don’t they just hire me? I have the education and experience for the positions I am applying for. Finally one day I got a response in a form of a letter from there attorneys saying I apply to much, they are not going to hire me and stop applying. Is this legal? Isn’t that discrimination? I would not recommend them.   Answer Question

Infant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Dallas, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

It felt like the most difficult interview i had ever been in because i was interviewed by the director and district manager at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Almost all of the questions were difficult coming from the district manager because kindercare not only goes by state minimum standards, they also have accreditation so they expect more from their staff. I got nervous at some point.   Answer Question

Toddler Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylvania, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindercare (Sylvania, OH) in July 2007.

Interview

Came in for interview just took info and never called back..................

Interview Questions

• How much do u expect to earn????????? What was the pay of ur last job????????   Answer Question

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Portland, OR) in September 2010.

Interview

It went good. The people were nice to me and made me feel relaxed and comfortable. I just told them that I thought I would do a good job and that was OK with the kind of stuff they had in mind for me. I am happy it went so great and they hired me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Told them I wanted, they gave it to me.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Saint Peters, MO).

Interview

There are two interviews: a phone call and panel. Interviewers are not supposed to show emotion or give positive/negative reactions to answers. Panel interview lasts 30-45 minutes.They also ask several follow up questions to each main topic to ensure thorough and honest answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to complete a task in which you did not have all the necessary supplies and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Portland, OR) in June 2009.

Interview

The process was very long. It began with an initial phone discussion with an internal recruiter followed by a fairly long phone interview with the same recruiter. The next step consisted of a marathon session of in-person interviews in their corporate office with a variety of finance, operations and senior leadership staff. There were 3 individual interviews, 1 panel interview and 1 phone interview with an interviewer who was working from home that particular day.

Interview Questions

• The length of the in-person interview was the most difficult part. Also, several of the interviewers were unprepared and didn't have many questions to ask so I had to be more creative to explain why I was qualified for the position.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

The phone interview was very comprehensive and informative. I was allowed more than sufficient opportunity to ask questions regarding the position. The recruiter was more knowledgeable about the position and organization than I expected including growth strategies and market potentials.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or overly difficult questions, however, this was an initial phone screen.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare in April 2013.

Interview

I actually answered an ad on craigslist that didn't mention the company by name. The center director called me and set up an interview. When I arrived, I was given a large, detailed application packet that asked about my education, criminal background, previous experience in the field/other job experience, etc. I was interviewed by two center directors for centers in the area. You will be asked about your salary requirements. Aim high! Many of the centers will offer a higher starting salary if you are confident and well qualified (around $12 per hour).

Interview Questions

• Question: Describe a time when you stood against others. What was the situation and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was a full time college student at the time and was not available to work full time hours. Instead, I was offered a substitute teacher position, with the opportunity to pick up more hours when my schedule allowed. The salary was fairly low, but I had not pushed my salary requirements. A background check/company clearance was required as well as a check with local licensing to make sure I had clearance to work with young children. I was already working part time at another facility and had a licensing clearance on file, which expedited the process. Once the clearances went through, I completed the hiring paperwork.

School Age Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henrico, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Henrico, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Extensive background screening, TB test. After interview with the center director, there are orientation videos and discussions with the director. You will have an opportunity to shadow an experienced lead teacher within the site. I had a great overall experience with the interview. This may be specific to the site that I worked at, but I have a feeling that it's not.

School Age Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Lisle, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Online application forward by a phone call from desire center to come in for interview. Basic interview process and then a classroom observation to see behavior between students. A second interview by Assistant Director and then a start date is set.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about teacher/student ratio when there is not enough teachers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wanted the experience in working at a center and accepted a low pay despite my other experience.