Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.6

Several Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Questions
    • Applied several times with Kindercare. I had maybe a few interviews. I would see a position apply and hear nothing. Week/month latter see a similar job posted. Why don’t they just hire me? I have the education and experience for the positions I am applying for. Finally one day I got a response in a form of a letter from there attorneys saying I apply to much, they are not going to hire me and stop applying. Is this legal? Isn’t that discrimination? I would not recommend them.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kindercare in June 2009.

The process was very long. It began with an initial phone discussion with an internal recruiter followed by a fairly long phone interview with the same recruiter. The next step consisted of a marathon session of in-person interviews in their corporate office with a variety of finance, operations and senior leadership staff. There were 3 individual interviews, 1 panel interview and 1 phone interview with an interviewer who was working from home that particular day.

Interview Questions
    • The length of the in-person interview was the most difficult part. Also, several of the interviewers were unprepared and didn't have many questions to ask so I had to be more creative to explain why I was qualified for the position.   Answer Question

Infant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare in September 2012.

It felt like the most difficult interview i had ever been in because i was interviewed by the director and district manager at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all of the questions were difficult coming from the district manager because kindercare not only goes by state minimum standards, they also have accreditation so they expect more from their staff. I got nervous at some point.   Answer Question

Toddler Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sylvania, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Sylvania, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindercare in July 2007.

Came in for interview just took info and never called back..................

Interview Questions
    • How much do u expect to earn????????? What was the pay of ur last job????????   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

There are two interviews: a phone call and panel. Interviewers are not supposed to show emotion or give positive/negative reactions to answers. Panel interview lasts 30-45 minutes.They also ask several follow up questions to each main topic to ensure thorough and honest answers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to complete a task in which you did not have all the necessary supplies and how you handled it.   View Answer
    No negotiation available.

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare in September 2010.

It went good. The people were nice to me and made me feel relaxed and comfortable. I just told them that I thought I would do a good job and that was OK with the kind of stuff they had in mind for me. I am happy it went so great and they hired me.

Interview Questions
    Told them I wanted, they gave it to me.

School Age Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare in August 2013.

Online application forward by a phone call from desire center to come in for interview. Basic interview process and then a classroom observation to see behavior between students.
    A second interview by Assistant Director and then a start date is set.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about teacher/student ratio when there is not enough teachers?   Answer Question
    I wanted the experience in working at a center and accepted a low pay despite my other experience.

VPK Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare in May 2014.

It was good overall, she was nice but she lied to me. She said that I will get $11.00 an hour and when they hired me it was $10.50.

Teacher/Support Staff Interview

You had to apply online and then fill out a paper application. Then they would call you. They would have a phone interview and then bring you in for a personal interview.

there wasn't really one.

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

I was interviewed at a location different than where the job was. I was interviewed by the Center Director and a teacher. They asked standard questions and I was hired at the end of the interview. I had to provide my degree and resume.

Interview Questions
    • Have I registered for PDR? I just moved to the south and had no idea what she was talking about.   Answer Question