Kindercare

Getting the Interview

45 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Several Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details – Applied several times with Kindercare. I had maybe a few interviews. I would see a position apply and hear nothing. Week/month latter see a similar job posted. Why don’t they just hire me? I have the education and experience for the positions I am applying for. Finally one day I got a response in a form of a letter from there attorneys saying I apply to much, they are not going to hire me and stop applying. Is this legal? Isn’t that discrimination? I would not recommend them.

Interview Question – Applied several times with Kindercare. I had maybe a few interviews. I would see a position apply and hear nothing. Week/month latter see a similar job posted. Why don’t they just hire me? I have the education and experience for the positions I am applying for. Finally one day I got a response in a form of a letter from there attorneys saying I apply to much, they are not going to hire me and stop applying. Is this legal? Isn’t that discrimination? I would not recommend them.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in June 2009.

Interview Details – The process was very long. It began with an initial phone discussion with an internal recruiter followed by a fairly long phone interview with the same recruiter. The next step consisted of a marathon session of in-person interviews in their corporate office with a variety of finance, operations and senior leadership staff. There were 3 individual interviews, 1 panel interview and 1 phone interview with an interviewer who was working from home that particular day.

Interview Question – The length of the in-person interview was the most difficult part. Also, several of the interviewers were unprepared and didn't have many questions to ask so I had to be more creative to explain why I was qualified for the position.   Answer Question

Toddler Teacher Interview

Sylvania, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Kindercare in July 2007.

Interview Details – Came in for interview just took info and never called back..................

Interview Question – How much do u expect to earn????????? What was the pay of ur last job????????   Answer Question

Infant Teacher Interview

Infant Teacher
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in September 2012.

Interview Details – It felt like the most difficult interview i had ever been in because i was interviewed by the director and district manager at the same time.

Interview Question – Almost all of the questions were difficult coming from the district manager because kindercare not only goes by state minimum standards, they also have accreditation so they expect more from their staff. I got nervous at some point.   Answer Question

Infant Teacher Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindercare in January 2009.

Interview Details – I wasn't given an interview. They just hired me on the spot. But I will tell you this, if you want to apply for KinderCare, you want to go in with a positive attitude. First impressions are everything. Understand that KinderCare isn't just a babysitting job, it is a learning center.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at KinderCare?   View Answer
  • If a child bit another child over a toy, how would you react?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you have a degree and they offer you $12.00, ask for more. If you have a great resume and had an amazing interview, ask for a little more - sometimes KinderCare is desperate in hiring people.

Preschool Program Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details – I applied online for the position from career builder. I was contacted the next day by phone to set up an interview with occured that same week. The interview was with the Director and Assistant Director. They had a number of questions and asked situational questions. We debated about salary and they called the regional manager who approved the amount I had asked for.

Interview Question – What is one thing you would like to change about your current position?   Answer Question

Director In Training Interview

Lisle, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in July 2009.

Interview Details – typical interview about strengths and areas of growth
2 phone screenings before a face-to-face interview with executive
the interviewer made me feel very comfortable

Interview Question – gave details about a negative experience when I worked for this company in the past (I shared too muc)   View Answer

Twos Teacher Interview

Lawrence, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kindercare in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred to the opening by a friend who was a school age teacher at KinderCare. I brought in my resume and met with the director, and we scheduled a formal interview. When I came for my interview I was asked questions and then I spent some time in the classroom. I believe they did a background check on me, etc. and once I was officially hired I began training.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty straight forward. I have had a lot of previous experience in childcare, so none of the questions really caught me off guard. I suppose being asked how you might handle a certain situation with a child or parent can be a hard question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We did not negotiate.

Toddler Teacher Interview

Scranton, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in August 2012.

Interview Details – Apply on-line through Kindercare website (open positions are listed). I first completed a phone interview and was asked to come in for an additional interview. The phone interview lasted around 15 minutes and the follow up interview lasted about an hour (included a tour of the facility). The questions were expected for any type of teaching position (Name a time when you stood up for something that wasn't a popular decision, how do you feel you handle classroom management, have you ever planned something that didn't work out, how did you adapt, etc...)

Interview Question – Instead of asking for your biggest strength or weakness they asked for 2-3 of each!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flexible to an extent.. for a daycare I feel like they pay well, but they can't pay a huge salary.

Lead Teacher I Interview

Lead Teacher I

The process took a day - interviewed at Kindercare in April 2010.

Interview Details – The center was short staffed so they hired me.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kindercare

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kindercare interview questions and advice. All 45 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kindercare employees and interview candidates.