Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.6

Center Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

I applied online for a number of different Director positions and received an email for each. The emails were vague and didn't tell me which site the interviews were for (I wanted to know because some of the cities were more desirable than others). I asked the person I was in contact with and he refused to tell me. Even so, I set up a phone interview for one of the positions the following day. I prepared all night and woke up very early the next day for final preparations.

The scheduled time came...and passed. I waited two hours and the interviewer never called. Haven't heard a think since.

I haven't heard from them at all.

Teacher Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

I applied through a walk in, the interview was almost too easy and made it seem like they would hire just about anyone.

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kindercare.

You submit a resume via the website. They will call you to set up for a formal interview. They have a standard set of questions they ask and many if them are situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • What are ways for you to boost enrollment in the center if there are so many competitors around your center?   Answer Question

Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview

No interview, I informally met the director who I was referred to by a mutual friend and she hired me on the spot. Sent me to do a background check that day and then to orientation the following week. Policy has changed since. They must call professional references now before hiring a candidate.

None.

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindercare in April 2013.

You have your initial interview where you come in with your resume and discuss your career, then once that is completed you have your work in in interview where you will spend a couple of hours with the children to see how you would best fit in the classroom, if that is good and they plan on hiring you, you go through background check to make sure of no record of neglect.

Teacher Interview

all done on computer the hiring manager was not polite it was an awful experience I can't fathom how she acts now at another center she didn't keep the main entrances nor office clean

Teacher's Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindercare in September 2013.

Applied online and then I was called for an interview. After the interview I had to follow up before they offered me a position. I then had to follow up numerous times before I got a start date. I should've known that that was a sign that I shouldn't work there.

Interview Questions
    Be bold. I was too nervous to negotiate and regret that I didn't.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare in January 2014.

Hiring and interview was very simple. They asked very straightforward questions, like why I wanted to be a teacher, and then took me to observe the children. I was hired on the spot. The paperwork process was very lengthy, however. I came back 3 separate times to finish paperwork.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate because of the corporate

Cook Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kindercare.

I was late, but kid basic interview questions.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindercare in April 2009.

Called very quickly after submitting my application (maybe 2 or 3 days). Set up an interview with the site director. She was very friendly through out the process. I had no interaction with any other employees throughout the process. She asked for a few references and did actually call them. (you may want to prep your references, they will be asked if they would allow you to care for their children). She asked questions about past work at camps and about college. She asked how I would handle different situations like minor injuries in the class room, squabbles between kids, bathroom accidents, and behavior problems. Then I was send outside to play with the kids on the playground. She watched from inside the window.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected part of the interview was being sent to the playground to play with the kids. This was a great way for me to show how well I could interact with kids and they were all really friendly but was strange to do when dressed for an interview :-)   Answer Question
    My first job out of college and I was completely unaware that I could negotiate salary so I just took the offer. I can't recall if i was offered a job on the spot or if they called a few days after.