Kindercare

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.6

Center Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

I applied online for a number of different Director positions and received an email for each. The emails were vague and didn't tell me which site the interviews were for (I wanted to know because some of the cities were more desirable than others). I asked the person I was in contact with and he refused to tell me. Even so, I set up a phone interview for one of the positions the following day. I prepared all night and woke up very early the next day for final preparations.

The scheduled time came...and passed. I waited two hours and the interviewer never called. Haven't heard a think since.

I haven't heard from them at all.

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

Very poor interviewing skills had two interviews and then they never called me back with an answer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult child? How would you handle a hard to handle . Parent?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare in September 2013.

Submitted application. I was selected to a pre-screening where they asked me to complete a questionnaire about my work history. After that, I was asked to complete a phone interview with a recruiter. If you are a qualified candidate, you are asked to go to the cite for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions
    • What state was your business in when you started? What is your business like now?   Answer Question

Teacher's Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindercare in September 2013.

Applied online and then I was called for an interview. After the interview I had to follow up before they offered me a position. I then had to follow up numerous times before I got a start date. I should've known that that was a sign that I shouldn't work there.

Interview Questions
    Be bold. I was too nervous to negotiate and regret that I didn't.

School Age Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare in August 2013.

Online application forward by a phone call from desire center to come in for interview. Basic interview process and then a classroom observation to see behavior between students.
    A second interview by Assistant Director and then a start date is set.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about teacher/student ratio when there is not enough teachers?   Answer Question
    I wanted the experience in working at a center and accepted a low pay despite my other experience.

Cook Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kindercare.

I was late, but kid basic interview questions.

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare in May 2013.

I applied for the position, and got a call the very next day. The interview process involved many, if not only scenario based questions. If you have had experience in this type of setting, you have nothing to worry about. After the interview, I was taken through all the classrooms to meet the other teachers. I was called for a 2nd interview within a few days. Because I was not looking for immediate employment, I was able to schedule the 2nd interview a couple of weeks later.
    The second interview was much like the 1st, however, the questions caused for more thought (Tell me a time when...). The 2nd interview was on a Friday and I was called on Monday with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to do something you felt uncomfortable with, and how you grew from that experience.   Answer Question
    I received a job offer, but I am currently debating on whether or not to accept it.

Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kindercare.

I applied to the position from a Craig's List post. Was emailed almost instantly and asked to come in for any interview. I interviewed with the center director and was offered the job within a few days. Unfortunately, at the time I was currently employed for a few more months. The center director understood and asked me to get in contact with her at the end of that employment if I was still interested in a position. I emailed her and was asked to come in right away to begin training.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really out of the ordinary, to be honest. There were a couple "please tell me what you would do in this situation..." but otherwise it was all pretty straightforward.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindercare in April 2013.

You have your initial interview where you come in with your resume and discuss your career, then once that is completed you have your work in in interview where you will spend a couple of hours with the children to see how you would best fit in the classroom, if that is good and they plan on hiring you, you go through background check to make sure of no record of neglect.

Preschool Program Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindercare.

I applied online for the position from career builder. I was contacted the next day by phone to set up an interview with occured that same week. The interview was with the Director and Assistant Director. They had a number of questions and asked situational questions. We debated about salary and they called the regional manager who approved the amount I had asked for.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you would like to change about your current position?   Answer Question