Kindercare Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014
48 interviews

2.5

Several Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Questions
    • Applied several times with Kindercare. I had maybe a few interviews. I would see a position apply and hear nothing. Week/month latter see a similar job posted. Why don’t they just hire me? I have the education and experience for the positions I am applying for. Finally one day I got a response in a form of a letter from there attorneys saying I apply to much, they are not going to hire me and stop applying. Is this legal? Isn’t that discrimination? I would not recommend them.   Answer Question

Center Director Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare.

I applied online for a number of different Director positions and received an email for each. The emails were vague and didn't tell me which site the interviews were for (I wanted to know because some of the cities were more desirable than others). I asked the person I was in contact with and he refused to tell me. Even so, I set up a phone interview for one of the positions the following day. I prepared all night and woke up very early the next day for final preparations.

The scheduled time came...and passed. I waited two hours and the interviewer never called. Haven't heard a think since.

I haven't heard from them at all.

Teacher Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kindercare.

Very poor interviewing skills had two interviews and then they never called me back with an answer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult child? How would you handle a hard to handle . Parent?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in June 2009.

The process was very long. It began with an initial phone discussion with an internal recruiter followed by a fairly long phone interview with the same recruiter. The next step consisted of a marathon session of in-person interviews in their corporate office with a variety of finance, operations and senior leadership staff. There were 3 individual interviews, 1 panel interview and 1 phone interview with an interviewer who was working from home that particular day.

Interview Questions
    • The length of the in-person interview was the most difficult part. Also, several of the interviewers were unprepared and didn't have many questions to ask so I had to be more creative to explain why I was qualified for the position.   Answer Question

Director In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lisle, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in July 2009.

typical interview about strengths and areas of growth
    2 phone screenings before a face-to-face interview with executive
    the interviewer made me feel very comfortable

Interview Questions
    • gave details about a negative experience when I worked for this company in the past (I shared too muc)   View Answer

Cook Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Kindercare.

I was late, but kid basic interview questions.

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Loveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in May 2013.

I applied for the position, and got a call the very next day. The interview process involved many, if not only scenario based questions. If you have had experience in this type of setting, you have nothing to worry about. After the interview, I was taken through all the classrooms to meet the other teachers. I was called for a 2nd interview within a few days. Because I was not looking for immediate employment, I was able to schedule the 2nd interview a couple of weeks later.
    The second interview was much like the 1st, however, the questions caused for more thought (Tell me a time when...). The 2nd interview was on a Friday and I was called on Monday with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to do something you felt uncomfortable with, and how you grew from that experience.   Answer Question
    I received a job offer, but I am currently debating on whether or not to accept it.

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Kindercare in September 2009.

The hiring process was messed up.

Terrible

Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Kindercare.

I applied to the position from a Craig's List post. Was emailed almost instantly and asked to come in for any interview. I interviewed with the center director and was offered the job within a few days. Unfortunately, at the time I was currently employed for a few more months. The center director understood and asked me to get in contact with her at the end of that employment if I was still interested in a position. I emailed her and was asked to come in right away to begin training.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really out of the ordinary, to be honest. There were a couple "please tell me what you would do in this situation..." but otherwise it was all pretty straightforward.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase.

Preschool Program Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Kindercare.

I applied online for the position from career builder. I was contacted the next day by phone to set up an interview with occured that same week. The interview was with the Director and Assistant Director. They had a number of questions and asked situational questions. We debated about salary and they called the regional manager who approved the amount I had asked for.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you would like to change about your current position?   Answer Question