Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

2.5

Teacher Interview

Interview

all done on computer the hiring manager was not polite it was an awful experience I can't fathom how she acts now at another center she didn't keep the main entrances nor office clean

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Saint Peters, MO).

Interview

There are two interviews: a phone call and panel. Interviewers are not supposed to show emotion or give positive/negative reactions to answers. Panel interview lasts 30-45 minutes.They also ask several follow up questions to each main topic to ensure thorough and honest answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to complete a task in which you did not have all the necessary supplies and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

VPK Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

It was good overall, she was nice but she lied to me. She said that I will get $11.00 an hour and when they hired me it was $10.50.

Interview

No interview, I informally met the director who I was referred to by a mutual friend and she hired me on the spot. Sent me to do a background check that day and then to orientation the following week. Policy has changed since. They must call professional references now before hiring a candidate.

Negotiation

None.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

You submit a resume via the website. They will call you to set up for a formal interview. They have a standard set of questions they ask and many if them are situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What are ways for you to boost enrollment in the center if there are so many competitors around your center?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I applied through a walk in, the interview was almost too easy and made it seem like they would hire just about anyone.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Woodridge, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Hiring and interview was very simple. They asked very straightforward questions, like why I wanted to be a teacher, and then took me to observe the children. I was hired on the spot. The paperwork process was very lengthy, however. I came back 3 separate times to finish paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Can you teach 2 year olds?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate because of the corporate

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

The phone interview was very comprehensive and informative. I was allowed more than sufficient opportunity to ask questions regarding the position. The recruiter was more knowledgeable about the position and organization than I expected including growth strategies and market potentials.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or overly difficult questions, however, this was an initial phone screen.   Answer Question

Several Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Applied several times with Kindercare. I had maybe a few interviews. I would see a position apply and hear nothing. Week/month latter see a similar job posted. Why don’t they just hire me? I have the education and experience for the positions I am applying for. Finally one day I got a response in a form of a letter from there attorneys saying I apply to much, they are not going to hire me and stop applying. Is this legal? Isn’t that discrimination? I would not recommend them.   Answer Question

Yeacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Noblesville, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

I was given 2 in person interviews with the Director and Assistant Director. it was very informal. I think they wanted to see if I would be a good fit. the first interview was with just the Director and the second one was with both the Director and Assistant Director. at the end of the interview, I was given a tour of the facility. the kids were quite well behaved making me believe that it was an excellent place to work.