Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.5

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Very poor interviewing skills had two interviews and then they never called me back with an answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult child? How would you handle a hard to handle . Parent?   Answer Question

Teacher's Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindercare (Westwood, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and then I was called for an interview. After the interview I had to follow up before they offered me a position. I then had to follow up numerous times before I got a start date. I should've known that that was a sign that I shouldn't work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be bold. I was too nervous to negotiate and regret that I didn't.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare in September 2013.

Interview

Submitted application. I was selected to a pre-screening where they asked me to complete a questionnaire about my work history. After that, I was asked to complete a phone interview with a recruiter. If you are a qualified candidate, you are asked to go to the cite for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• What state was your business in when you started? What is your business like now?   Answer Question

School Age Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henrico, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindercare (Henrico, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Extensive background screening, TB test. After interview with the center director, there are orientation videos and discussions with the director. You will have an opportunity to shadow an experienced lead teacher within the site. I had a great overall experience with the interview. This may be specific to the site that I worked at, but I have a feeling that it's not.

School Age Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare (Lisle, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Online application forward by a phone call from desire center to come in for interview. Basic interview process and then a classroom observation to see behavior between students.
    A second interview by Assistant Director and then a start date is set.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about teacher/student ratio when there is not enough teachers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wanted the experience in working at a center and accepted a low pay despite my other experience.

Cook Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I was late, but kid basic interview questions.

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare (Loveland, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position, and got a call the very next day. The interview process involved many, if not only scenario based questions. If you have had experience in this type of setting, you have nothing to worry about. After the interview, I was taken through all the classrooms to meet the other teachers. I was called for a 2nd interview within a few days. Because I was not looking for immediate employment, I was able to schedule the 2nd interview a couple of weeks later.
    The second interview was much like the 1st, however, the questions caused for more thought (Tell me a time when...). The 2nd interview was on a Friday and I was called on Monday with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to do something you felt uncomfortable with, and how you grew from that experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a job offer, but I am currently debating on whether or not to accept it.

Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I applied to the position from a Craig's List post. Was emailed almost instantly and asked to come in for any interview. I interviewed with the center director and was offered the job within a few days. Unfortunately, at the time I was currently employed for a few more months. The center director understood and asked me to get in contact with her at the end of that employment if I was still interested in a position. I emailed her and was asked to come in right away to begin training.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of the ordinary, to be honest. There were a couple "please tell me what you would do in this situation..." but otherwise it was all pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindercare (Alexandria, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

You have your initial interview where you come in with your resume and discuss your career, then once that is completed you have your work in in interview where you will spend a couple of hours with the children to see how you would best fit in the classroom, if that is good and they plan on hiring you, you go through background check to make sure of no record of neglect.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with children   1 Answer

Lead Toddler Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare in April 2013.

Interview

I actually answered an ad on craigslist that didn't mention the company by name. The center director called me and set up an interview. When I arrived, I was given a large, detailed application packet that asked about my education, criminal background, previous experience in the field/other job experience, etc. I was interviewed by two center directors for centers in the area. You will be asked about your salary requirements. Aim high! Many of the centers will offer a higher starting salary if you are confident and well qualified (around $12 per hour).

Interview Questions

• Question: Describe a time when you stood against others. What was the situation and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was a full time college student at the time and was not available to work full time hours. Instead, I was offered a substitute teacher position, with the opportunity to pick up more hours when my schedule allowed.
    The salary was fairly low, but I had not pushed my salary requirements.
    A background check/company clearance was required as well as a check with local licensing to make sure I had clearance to work with young children. I was already working part time at another facility and had a licensing clearance on file, which expedited the process. Once the clearances went through, I completed the hiring paperwork.