Kindercare Lead Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindercare (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was greeted by the director who was friendly and professional. She asked me many "getting to know me " questions to determine the fit. I barely got home with an electronic job offer. The center was clean, inviting, and the employees were friendly. The center also had national accreditation which says a lot about the director who has been there for many years.

Interview Questions

• What age group do you prefer? How would you handle parent concerns, why do you want to work Here?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kindercare

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare (Woodridge, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Hiring and interview was very simple. They asked very straightforward questions, like why I wanted to be a teacher, and then took me to observe the children. I was hired on the spot. The paperwork process was very lengthy, however. I came back 3 separate times to finish paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Can you teach 2 year olds?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate because of the corporate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindercare (Lakeville, MN) in August 2012.

Interview

short, 8 questions, to the point. It is not very formal or personal. THey didn't tell me how much i would make until a week after i started working because they were waiting to hear back from corporate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a challenging situation. How would you react   Answer Question

Negotiation

they don't tell you really how much you make because they have to wait for corporate to get back to them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kindercare (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was one on one. they asked general questions such as have you had any experience with kids and certifications you may have such as cpr which was very important to be certified already. They also asked alot of what if questions to ensure the well being of kids.

Interview Questions

• If you suspected maltreatment of a child in our daycare what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

the negotiation phase was good. they were willing to consider what i asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kindercare (Durham, NC) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with director then spent one hour in classroom.

Interview Questions

• What is the most appropriate way to discipline a child who just bit another child?   1 Answer

Low Pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindercare (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2009.

Interview

Called very quickly after submitting my application (maybe 2 or 3 days). Set up an interview with the site director. She was very friendly through out the process. I had no interaction with any other employees throughout the process. She asked for a few references and did actually call them. (you may want to prep your references, they will be asked if they would allow you to care for their children). She asked questions about past work at camps and about college. She asked how I would handle different situations like minor injuries in the class room, squabbles between kids, bathroom accidents, and behavior problems. Then I was send outside to play with the kids on the playground. She watched from inside the window.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected part of the interview was being sent to the playground to play with the kids. This was a great way for me to show how well I could interact with kids and they were all really friendly but was strange to do when dressed for an interview :-)   Answer Question

Negotiation

My first job out of college and I was completely unaware that I could negotiate salary so I just took the offer. I can't recall if i was offered a job on the spot or if they called a few days after.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kindercare in December 2011.

Interview

Responded to an advertisement via email with the District Manager. Met with the District Manager, had an offer two days later in my email. A majority of the interview process was spent filling out paperwork, waiting for background checks and waiting for the company to catch up with their own paperwork.