Kindercare

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Woodridge, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in January 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview was very simple. They asked very straightforward questions, like why I wanted to be a teacher, and then took me to observe the children. I was hired on the spot. The paperwork process was very lengthy, however. I came back 3 separate times to finish paperwork.

Interview Question – Can you teach 2 year olds?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate because of the corporate

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kindercare in April 2009.

Interview Details – Called very quickly after submitting my application (maybe 2 or 3 days). Set up an interview with the site director. She was very friendly through out the process. I had no interaction with any other employees throughout the process. She asked for a few references and did actually call them. (you may want to prep your references, they will be asked if they would allow you to care for their children). She asked questions about past work at camps and about college. She asked how I would handle different situations like minor injuries in the class room, squabbles between kids, bathroom accidents, and behavior problems. Then I was send outside to play with the kids on the playground. She watched from inside the window.

Interview Question – The most unexpected part of the interview was being sent to the playground to play with the kids. This was a great way for me to show how well I could interact with kids and they were all really friendly but was strange to do when dressed for an interview :-)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My first job out of college and I was completely unaware that I could negotiate salary so I just took the offer. I can't recall if i was offered a job on the spot or if they called a few days after.

Lakeville, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kindercare in August 2012.

Interview Details – short, 8 questions, to the point. It is not very formal or personal. THey didn't tell me how much i would make until a week after i started working because they were waiting to hear back from corporate.

Interview Question – What would you do in a challenging situation. How would you react   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they don't tell you really how much you make because they have to wait for corporate to get back to them.

Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindercare in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with director then spent one hour in classroom.

Interview Question – What is the most appropriate way to discipline a child who just bit another child?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Low Pay

Lead Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kindercare in December 2011.

Interview Details – Responded to an advertisement via email with the District Manager. Met with the District Manager, had an offer two days later in my email. A majority of the interview process was spent filling out paperwork, waiting for background checks and waiting for the company to catch up with their own paperwork.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kindercare

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kindercare Lead Teacher interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kindercare employees and interview candidates.