Kindercare

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Kindercare in April 2013.

Interview Details – You have your initial interview where you come in with your resume and discuss your career, then once that is completed you have your work in in interview where you will spend a couple of hours with the children to see how you would best fit in the classroom, if that is good and they plan on hiring you, you go through background check to make sure of no record of neglect.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with children   View Answer

Loveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position, and got a call the very next day. The interview process involved many, if not only scenario based questions. If you have had experience in this type of setting, you have nothing to worry about. After the interview, I was taken through all the classrooms to meet the other teachers. I was called for a 2nd interview within a few days. Because I was not looking for immediate employment, I was able to schedule the 2nd interview a couple of weeks later.
The second interview was much like the 1st, however, the questions caused for more thought (Tell me a time when...). The 2nd interview was on a Friday and I was called on Monday with the job offer.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to do something you felt uncomfortable with, and how you grew from that experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a job offer, but I am currently debating on whether or not to accept it.

Lake Oswego, OR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details – I saw a posting on Craigslist for Preschool Teacher. I sent a short email describing my interest and attached my resume. I promptly received a reply from the recruiter and we talked on the phone to set up an interview time. The interview was fairly straight forwards. Situational questions pertaining to classroom management and why I wanted to work from KinderCare. I came to find out that my interviewer did not work at the location I was being interviewed for. This was really odd because after I essentially was hired by this recruiter person I sat down with the Center Director for maybe 5 mins for final approval. I did not get a tour of the school or meet any of the teachers/children before I was hired.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Come prepared with answers for typical questions. Strengths and weaknesses. Ask about student/teacher ratios, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was shocked to be offered the amount as I was expecting some where in the 10-12 range. I did not attempt to negotiate but I heard from fellow employees that they were able to negotiate up to .50 more. You will not get paid more that $14.00 as a teacher at KinderCare.

Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Kindercare in October 2011.

Interview Details – I called the manager to see if she was hiring...she emailed me an application. Couple of days later she called me for interview. After a month she said everything turned out good but couldnt hire me because it was slow. She led me to believe I had the job but nothing.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!