Kindercare Teacher Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Mundelein, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was short and sweet. Basic procedure questions and tour of facility. The Head Coordinator was very nice and knew she wanted to hire me within minutes. She commended me for my confidence and personality. I introduced myself to all the kids and most were outside playing. I went to a job fair first before I was called to interview here.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a kid was misbehaving and disruptive in class?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kindercare

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindercare (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Asked to fill out background check info then basic interview questions. After I spent about 15-20 minutes in the room of my choice asking questions and helping out. Lastly was asked more personal questions like rate of pay desired, availability, and what room I would like to work in best.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you've had to deal with regarding children and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Memphis, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I applied online in mid-June and had my first interview a week later. The director asked me a few questions for about 10 minutes, then one of the teachers gave me a tour of the facility while looking over my resume. Then she and the director asked me questions about my background. From there I was put in 2 different classroom settings so they could observe me with the children. Overall, I spent a little over 2.5 hours there for the 1st interview. A week later (this week), I received an invitation for a second interview with corporate. I'm hoping this means that I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Name 3 characteristics of a 3 year old.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindercare (Laurel, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online. Director called me, we had a phone interview. I didn't make the in person interview. Director called me again, I went to the interview. We sat and talked. Then I was given a tour. I went to school with everyone who was working there. So it wasn't any new faces. Interview lasted 30 minutes. It was on a Friday, on Monday morning I got an email saying I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would I talk to the parents   1 Answer

Negotiation

We didn't negotiate, I said I would be happy with any amount of money. I was offered $9 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went very smoothly. It helps to be prepared by doing a little homework and familiarizing yourself with possible interview questions and keeping it friendly and relaxed. It especially helps if you love what you will be doing in the position. It will just shine through your interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Application was online. Got an email from lady in charge of hiring and training. Had phone interview with her and director at center. Had a face to face interview with director. Dressed in business attire to impress director. Was asked a lot of questions about why I wanted to work there and my experience I had with young children. Was hired on the spot. Had to get drug test and background check, then two weeks of training, then started job.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithtown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Smithtown, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Called to see if they were hiring. They said to come in to fill out an application and preferences. Filled out application in person. They called for a 1:1 interview with director of facility. Director asked some typical, general questions; took about 15 minutes. Then I was put into the infant room to see how I would do/if I would like it - about 2 hours. The head teacher there was super nice and seemed genuine. They called to offer a position. I called back to accept. Had to come in to fill out paperwork. I did not have previous experience in daycare. Be yourself. When I first came in, I had a good vibe and things were going quickly regarding the application and interview process. The people were nice. The director was a bit reserved but friendly. Office space was small/tight and the people seemed busy. Culture seemed relaxed professional and friendly. The head teacher I had a trial with was very nice. I left the company after 9 months because the boss did not know much about infant culture/behavior, was not available for help even though she said she would be anytime; the politics and management was terrible. There was preferential treatment/cliques among the staff with the director, which was unfair. Bathroom use was limited because you had to have someone cover your position, but most of the time people would not want to do it because they were busy with their jobs. This is a big issue if you have a bad day/are sick and cannot use the bathroom whenever you need to. Ultimately, the director quit. I believe she was not right for the job. No matter how nice people might seem at the interview, you have to be careful in making friends at work, and people can turn on you quickly.

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I did not take the initiative to negotiate. Also, job search advice is usually not to negotiate for salary, as far as the jobs I have had. Negotiating is an art. You need to practice any chance you get. You have to be careful in bringing up salary. But if you do not talk about it, then you are left to take/accept any offer they make if they offer you a job. You could negotiate the salary at time of offer of employment. Since the economy was terrible and people had to take what they could get, it was hard to negotiate. You have to decide whether it is ok to bring up salary. WOMEN should ask for a raise/negotiate/be more confident, since women often get paid less. I only say this because I am a female and have a hard time talking about salary/negotiating.