Kindercare Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was brief. The interviewer asked only 1 question and then took me around the facility. It was a nice facility. The director was friendly and very informative about what they do at Kindercare. I especially like their upcoming new program where they let the kids explore their talents on their own.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kindercare

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a few weeks. I spoke on the phone with the director to schedule and interview and met at the location. She was easy-going and asked me pretty standard questions. It felt more like a conversation than interview. We toured the building and classrooms and all of the other teachers were very friendly. I received an email with an offer that afternoon.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I was interviewed at a location different than where the job was. I was interviewed by the Center Director and a teacher. They asked standard questions and I was hired at the end of the interview. I had to provide my degree and resume.

Interview Questions

• Have I registered for PDR? I just moved to the south and had no idea what she was talking about.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

all done on computer the hiring manager was not polite it was an awful experience I can't fathom how she acts now at another center she didn't keep the main entrances nor office clean

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I applied through a walk in, the interview was almost too easy and made it seem like they would hire just about anyone.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Very poor interviewing skills had two interviews and then they never called me back with an answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult child? How would you handle a hard to handle . Parent?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindercare (Johnson City, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview went very well. The Director was friendly and informative. The Assistant Director gave me a tour and answered my question.

Interview Questions

• I asked if my salary could be increased but they said no.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. I was told my salary and that I would be hired on a part-time basis. If the opportunity arose, I could possibly be hired on a full-time basis.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindercare in September 2011.

Interview

Walked in and asked if they were hiring, scheduled an interview, offered the job. It was not a long interview process.The director was very nice in the whole process, made sure a lot of my time was not taken up. Was hired and trained within that month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kindercare (Wheaton, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

pretty much a 1:1 interview then a meeting with 2:1 interview and i had to create my own activity for the kids to do and demonstrate that i could handle them.

Negotiation

check glass door for salaries, and dont expect any more than they give you - but consider asking for 10% more than you were offered if you want.

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kindercare (Vienna, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

Director of the center was on the phone for personal use during the time of our interview, which I thought was very unprofessional. The director asked the standard interview question (tell me about yourself, why do you want to work with children, etc). I was asked to come back to the center several times to fill out various paper works and pay/salary was not discussed until the job offer letter was written.

Interview Questions

• Are you a firm believer in time-out?   2 Answers