Kindercare

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details – I applied through a walk in, the interview was almost too easy and made it seem like they would hire just about anyone.

Interview Question – A lot of situational questions.   Answer Question

Teacher

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview Details – Very poor interviewing skills had two interviews and then they never called me back with an answer.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult child? How would you handle a hard to handle . Parent?   Answer Question

Johnson City, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Kindercare in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview went very well. The Director was friendly and informative. The Assistant Director gave me a tour and answered my question.

Interview Question – I asked if my salary could be increased but they said no.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. I was told my salary and that I would be hired on a part-time basis. If the opportunity arose, I could possibly be hired on a full-time basis.

Wheaton, IL

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Kindercare in November 2010.

Interview Details – pretty much a 1:1 interview then a meeting with 2:1 interview

and i had to create my own activity for the kids to do and demonstrate that i could handle them.

Negotiation Details – check glass door for salaries, and dont expect any more than they give you - but consider asking for 10% more than you were offered if you want.

Eatontown, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindercare in July 2009.

Interview Details – I went in and filled out application, they called a day later, interview in person 2 days later. People and office were very nice but I had already accepted another offer at a higher pay rate.

Interview Question – How would you handle interaction with a parent?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Already accepted offer at another school for higher pay rate.

Very Easy Interview

Vienna, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Kindercare in February 2010.

Interview Details – Director of the center was on the phone for personal use during the time of our interview, which I thought was very unprofessional. The director asked the standard interview question (tell me about yourself, why do you want to work with children, etc). I was asked to come back to the center several times to fill out various paper works and pay/salary was not discussed until the job offer letter was written.

Interview Question – Are you a firm believer in time-out?   View Answers (2)

Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindercare in September 2010.

Interview Details – Basically, the center director/assistant director give you a tour of the facilities. They call all of your references. You do a one-on-one interview with the center director. Then you basically do a working interview where they place you in each of the classrooms.

Interview Question – What do you believe you can bring to a classroom?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Teacher

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kindercare in January 2010.

Interview Details – interview consisted on several questions ranging from chidcare situations and scenarios to personality questions.

Interview Question – what do you bring to the company that is unique   Answer Question

Teacher

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindercare in May 2010.

Interview Details – Lots of questions regarding "situational" issues within a classroom

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Pay

Teacher

Interview Details – It was easy.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kindercare? Contribute to the Community!