Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions

2.5

Certified Nursing Assitstant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Did in online application 3days a call back from recruit did a one on one interview unprofessional she was in her phone the whole time went on to do a group interview

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

I applied online and got a phone call within 2 weeks. I did the face to face interview within a week. I waited to heard back from them and got a call back for orientation within two weeks. Came back for orientation 1 week later.

Director of Nursing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

I was prescreened by a recruiter who set me up with an interview with the administrator that lasted 4 hours. The next day I had a brief interview with the district nurse and was offered the job later that day.

Interview Questions
    • The administrator talked for about 2 hours about himself. He stated if we were going to work together, he wanted me to know about him.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I was happy with what I was offered.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in December 2014.

Filled out an online application. Called by DON. Met the next day. He was very friendly and already aware of my limited experience as a new grad nurse. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. The background check took just over 2 weeks. Orientation and training is offered for a minimum of 4 shifts.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do of you discovered a patient unconscious and determined there is no pulse?   View Answer
    • What would you do if you seen that a CNA was not keeping up with his/her workload?   View Answer
    Offered an above market rate for a new grad in this type of facility and location.

Nursing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

They called to set up an interview for a position, and upon returning call within 24 hours, never received a call back. Attempted again, within a few hours, and still no answer from recruiter.

CNA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Filled out an app online and a couple days later i received a call wanting to set up interview. Went in for interview and went to the SDC office and she asked some basic questions. Asked why I wanted the job. What could i bring to the company. And went over pay and then had an immediate 2nd interview with the DON

none. Go for higher pay

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in September 2014.

I applied and hadn't heard back so I called and still didn't hear back. Finally I received a call from corporate and had a phone interview which went well. Basically they asked about my precious work experience and schooling. She then set up an interview with me. I went in and waited almost a half hour for the director of nursing to come get me for my interview. She asked basic questions and offered me the job. I was given an unintentional tour as it was near impossible to find anyone in the building to process my paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were to find a patient in their room unresponsive?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle two STNAs arguing loudly in the hallways?   Answer Question
    • If I spoke to your previous employers, what would they say about your attendance?   Answer Question
    I am a new grad so I was pretty much given the base pay but with shift differentials I am happy with the offer. I took the last night shift LPN job available so the hours were not what I had hoped for but will work.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in September 2014.

Interview started with a HR rep, very basic questions to get to know me. After the interview with her I met with individuals that I would be working with and they asked questions related to the work that I would be doing. Kindred has a very professional atmosphere and a very welcoming environment.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a mistake happened that was your fault. How did you handle this?   Answer Question

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

I filled out an application online and got a call back about 3 weeks later to set up an interview. The first interview was one on one, then the second part was a panel interview. No case studies or clinical questions. Very easy, common sense answers.

Interview Questions
    • (Paraphrasing) Tell me about a time there was a change at work you didn't agree with and how did you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Concord, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

There were two very different people when I interviewed: The rehab manager of the facility and the recruiter who I spoke with by phone. The manager was very friendly, but clearly untrained in the hiring process. During the in-person interview, I was asked if I had children and also told that she checked my age when running my background check because she "couldn't guess" how old I was (both are illegal). The recruiter was interesting. The negotiation process started with an offer of less than I was currently making and only went up enough to be an even salary, but with worse benefits. She asked if I'd consider it a "lateral move" to go from an acute care/rehab setting with a team of 6 SLPs to be the only SLP at a SNF. The original offer was $29/hr with 3hrs/wk of ET with 3 - 4 years of experience.

Interview Questions
    • "I always ask the therapists without kids to not take any time off during school vacation weeks. Do you have kids?"   Answer Question

Low offer, poor benefits package, low earned-time.