Kindred Healthcare

62 candidate interviews

Registered Nurse PRN Interview

Registered Nurse PRN
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in May 2009.

Interview Details – First had a brief phone interview from a corporate in California, then was called about a week later for a 1:1 interview with the chief nursing officer in Denver. Then, was called back one day later for a panel interview with about six department heads + urine drug screen.

Interview Question – What's the most negative thing you can say about yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations allowed; I tried but their rates are firm.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in July 2009.

Interview Details – I had just graduated in July of 2005 and was very excited about finding my first job as a nurse. My friend had worked at Kindred before and said it was a good first job and she was right. The interview process was similar to ones I had experienced before but it had a hard medications and medical knowledge test also. I must have done well because they offered me the position as soon as my background check and drug test came back.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

RN Interview

RN
Euclid, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2012.

Interview Details – Many questions asked such as why do you want to work here, name a time when you went above and beyond for your patients, tell me about yourself, how do you handle conflict, what are your strenghts and what are your weaknesses how often do you call off

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   View Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called by HR a couple weeks later. The HR lady asked me some questions about background, ACUTE care exp, Certifications and license's, etc., after answering about 10-15 questions, she then offered an interview with the company. I accepted, gratefully!
The interview consisted of meeting with the DON, and he asked me nursing scenario questions; prioritizing patients, etc., and critical thinking. THEN I met with a "panel" of employees, 3 of them, and the next 45 questions consisted of how I would fit in with other employees, etc... Personality questions... I was a bit taken back by one person on the panel as she was pretty aggressive and reading her expressions was scary, one was very nice and the other didn't stay awake and I would have to clear my throat when it was her turn to ask a question..., BUT none the less a week later I was extended a job offer, pending my background check and UA, etc... I have to say though, I was SHOCKED by the pay! I took a $6.00/HR PAY CUT!!! I am praying to GOD that the medical benefits, etc., will balance out the pay loss, or I will not be able to accept this job opportunity after all... I am worried about this as I HAVE to have good medical for my family. I will take the hit, but can't if I am paying high premiums as well....I wish I could find out online about their medical/dental, but am having no luck so far. I am getting mixed opinions rather than any facts.... So I guess we'll wait to meet with the HR personnel... I would LOVE the experience... But sadly enough, experience doesn't pay the bills.... today anyways. The exp would pay off down the road though!

Interview Questions

• name 5 qualities your co-workers would say you posses, NOW name 5 qualities that would say you possess.   View Answer
  • Name a time while working in your prior job that you went above and beyond the call of duty...   Answer Question
  • Name a time in your prior job that you had a difficult patient/family, what happened and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question
  • If there were other employees that I supervise not willing to uphold a company change even after being talked to by you, what would you do?   View Answer
  • To you, How late does an employee have to be, to be considered LATE....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was SHOCKED by the pay rate! I am taking a $6.00 HR pay cut to work here.... IF the medical/dental are good, then I can take the hit. If they are not, I will have to decline. I have to provide medical for my children, and will not be able to buy my own on that low of pay. I am worried sick this weekend and looking for more info on the subject.

Clinical Liaison Interview

Clinical Liaison
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in August 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone screens and 2 face to face with a total of 6 people. First 3 interviews went fantastic. Last interview with Executive Director (very professional), DON (took 30 min to smile) and Admissions Director had an actual scowl on her face every time I addressed her. Very rude!

Interview Question – How well I know Medicare reimbursement guidelines   View Answers (2)

District Director of Case Management Interview

District Director of Case Management
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in February 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me after see my resume on a job sight. Interview was set-up with DO and RDCM and the District office that the position would be located out of. They both was very forth coming with information in regards to the status of the facilities that I would have.

Interview Question – None, I was very prepared. I had done my research on the company prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not major issue. They made offer and I counter and they recounter and we came to agreement.

Staff RN Interview

Staff RN
Greenwood, IN

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2011.

Interview Details – There is an online application with a follow up recruiter phone call. The initial interview is with the nurse manager and a second interview with a panel. The atmosphere is casual but tenuous.

Interview Question – The panel interview asks the typical questions, yet they also want something personal. They asked, "What is the worst mistake you have ever made?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have a set salary schedule and your experience determines rate of pay

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2013.

Interview Details – Met with Western Region VP in a small conference room. Business casual dress.

Interview Question – There weren't any... he seemed nice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All is handled through in-house recruiters. They would not budge on the offer so I contacted the VP directly (via email) and he called me back and met my salary request halfway.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Maintenance Supervisor
Moscow, ID

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very casual. Interviewed by Executive Director and he basically went over the highlights of the job and asked me if I was capable of accomplishing the duties.

Interview Question – Can I expect the lowest possible wage for the job? Starting Wage $13.95 an hour.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating a rock bottom salary of $13.95 an hour. I had a choice take this extremely low paying job or have NO job.

LVN Interview

LVN
Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter regarding a position I had applied for for an interview time. First interview seemed to go well. Moved on to second interview with peers (on shift job would have been for. After interview it took three weeks to notify me that I wasn't offered a job because my lack in acute care experience. I shouldn't have been pushed on to the second portion of the interview if this was the case, and it shouldn't have taken three weeks to notify me that I was not considered related to lack of acute care experience. Disappointed with the professionalism in the interview process and the length of time to notify of decision.

Interview Question – How would you handle working in the acute care setting?   View Answer

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!