Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.5

Registered Nurse PRN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Denver, CO) in May 2009.

Interview

First had a brief phone interview from a corporate in California, then was called about a week later for a 1:1 interview with the chief nursing officer in Denver. Then, was called back one day later for a panel interview with about six department heads + urine drug screen.

Interview Questions

• What's the most negative thing you can say about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations allowed; I tried but their rates are firm.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in July 2009.

Interview

I had just graduated in July of 2005 and was very excited about finding my first job as a nurse. My friend had worked at Kindred before and said it was a good first job and she was right. The interview process was similar to ones I had experienced before but it had a hard medications and medical knowledge test also. I must have done well because they offered me the position as soon as my background check and drug test came back.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Euclid, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Many questions asked such as why do you want to work here, name a time when you went above and beyond for your patients, tell me about yourself, how do you handle conflict, what are your strenghts and what are your weaknesses how often do you call off

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called by HR a couple weeks later. The HR lady asked me some questions about background, ACUTE care exp, Certifications and license's, etc., after answering about 10-15 questions, she then offered an interview with the company. I accepted, gratefully!
    The interview consisted of meeting with the DON, and he asked me nursing scenario questions; prioritizing patients, etc., and critical thinking. THEN I met with a "panel" of employees, 3 of them, and the next 45 questions consisted of how I would fit in with other employees, etc... Personality questions... I was a bit taken back by one person on the panel as she was pretty aggressive and reading her expressions was scary, one was very nice and the other didn't stay awake and I would have to clear my throat when it was her turn to ask a question..., BUT none the less a week later I was extended a job offer, pending my background check and UA, etc... I have to say though, I was SHOCKED by the pay! I took a $6.00/HR PAY CUT!!! I am praying to GOD that the medical benefits, etc., will balance out the pay loss, or I will not be able to accept this job opportunity after all... I am worried about this as I HAVE to have good medical for my family. I will take the hit, but can't if I am paying high premiums as well....I wish I could find out online about their medical/dental, but am having no luck so far. I am getting mixed opinions rather than any facts.... So I guess we'll wait to meet with the HR personnel... I would LOVE the experience... But sadly enough, experience doesn't pay the bills.... today anyways. The exp would pay off down the road though!

Interview Questions

• name 5 qualities your co-workers would say you posses, NOW name 5 qualities that would say you possess.   1 Answer
    • Name a time while working in your prior job that you went above and beyond the call of duty...   Answer Question
    • Name a time in your prior job that you had a difficult patient/family, what happened and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question
    • If there were other employees that I supervise not willing to uphold a company change even after being talked to by you, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • To you, How late does an employee have to be, to be considered LATE....   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was SHOCKED by the pay rate! I am taking a $6.00 HR pay cut to work here.... IF the medical/dental are good, then I can take the hit. If they are not, I will have to decline. I have to provide medical for my children, and will not be able to buy my own on that low of pay. I am worried sick this weekend and looking for more info on the subject.

Clinical Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

2 phone screens and 2 face to face with a total of 6 people. First 3 interviews went fantastic. Last interview with Executive Director (very professional), DON (took 30 min to smile) and Admissions Director had an actual scowl on her face every time I addressed her. Very rude!

Interview Questions

• How well I know Medicare reimbursement guidelines   2 Answers

District Director of Case Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Dallas, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me after see my resume on a job sight. Interview was set-up with DO and RDCM and the District office that the position would be located out of. They both was very forth coming with information in regards to the status of the facilities that I would have.

Interview Questions

• None, I was very prepared. I had done my research on the company prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not major issue. They made offer and I counter and they recounter and we came to agreement.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Greenwood, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

There is an online application with a follow up recruiter phone call. The initial interview is with the nurse manager and a second interview with a panel. The atmosphere is casual but tenuous.

Interview Questions

• The panel interview asks the typical questions, yet they also want something personal. They asked, "What is the worst mistake you have ever made?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a set salary schedule and your experience determines rate of pay

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews by phone and on-site. Final interview was with a small panel from facility management. Interviews with Kindred were easier - tough questions from facility managers. Very pleasant experience overall. Flew me to AZ from WA for on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your past that you had a disagreement with a company policy based on ethics and how you handled it/what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short phase but had to remain touch on minimal amount I would accept.

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Met with the Regional Manager. Interview went VERY well. Was informed I would be contacted by phone by the director.. That interview did not go well due to lack of communication of the questions by the director.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite superhero power if you had one and why?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Louisville, KY) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview started with a HR rep, very basic questions to get to know me. After the interview with her I met with individuals that I would be working with and they asked questions related to the work that I would be doing. Kindred has a very professional atmosphere and a very welcoming environment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a mistake happened that was your fault. How did you handle this?   Answer Question