Kindred Healthcare

Getting the Interview

50 candidate interviews

RN Interview

Euclid, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2012.

Interview Details – Many questions asked such as why do you want to work here, name a time when you went above and beyond for your patients, tell me about yourself, how do you handle conflict, what are your strenghts and what are your weaknesses how often do you call off

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   View Answer

Clinical Liaison Interview

Clinical Liaison
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in August 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone screens and 2 face to face with a total of 6 people. First 3 interviews went fantastic. Last interview with Executive Director (very professional), DON (took 30 min to smile) and Admissions Director had an actual scowl on her face every time I addressed her. Very rude!

Interview Question – How well I know Medicare reimbursement guidelines   View Answers (2)

Registered Nurse PRN Interview

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in May 2009.

Interview Details – First had a brief phone interview from a corporate in California, then was called about a week later for a 1:1 interview with the chief nursing officer in Denver. Then, was called back one day later for a panel interview with about six department heads + urine drug screen.

Interview Question – What's the most negative thing you can say about yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations allowed; I tried but their rates are firm.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in July 2009.

Interview Details – I had just graduated in July of 2005 and was very excited about finding my first job as a nurse. My friend had worked at Kindred before and said it was a good first job and she was right. The interview process was similar to ones I had experienced before but it had a hard medications and medical knowledge test also. I must have done well because they offered me the position as soon as my background check and drug test came back.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

District Director of Case Management Interview

District Director of Case Management
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in February 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me after see my resume on a job sight. Interview was set-up with DO and RDCM and the District office that the position would be located out of. They both was very forth coming with information in regards to the status of the facilities that I would have.

Interview Question – None, I was very prepared. I had done my research on the company prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not major issue. They made offer and I counter and they recounter and we came to agreement.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called by HR a couple weeks later. The HR lady asked me some questions about background, ACUTE care exp, Certifications and license's, etc., after answering about 10-15 questions, she then offered an interview with the company. I accepted, gratefully!
The interview consisted of meeting with the DON, and he asked me nursing scenario questions; prioritizing patients, etc., and critical thinking. THEN I met with a "panel" of employees, 3 of them, and the next 45 questions consisted of how I would fit in with other employees, etc... Personality questions... I was a bit taken back by one person on the panel as she was pretty aggressive and reading her expressions was scary, one was very nice and the other didn't stay awake and I would have to clear my throat when it was her turn to ask a question..., BUT none the less a week later I was extended a job offer, pending my background check and UA, etc... I have to say though, I was SHOCKED by the pay! I took a $6.00/HR PAY CUT!!! I am praying to GOD that the medical benefits, etc., will balance out the pay loss, or I will not be able to accept this job opportunity after all... I am worried about this as I HAVE to have good medical for my family. I will take the hit, but can't if I am paying high premiums as well....I wish I could find out online about their medical/dental, but am having no luck so far. I am getting mixed opinions rather than any facts.... So I guess we'll wait to meet with the HR personnel... I would LOVE the experience... But sadly enough, experience doesn't pay the bills.... today anyways. The exp would pay off down the road though!

Interview Questions

• name 5 qualities your co-workers would say you posses, NOW name 5 qualities that would say you possess.   View Answer
  • Name a time while working in your prior job that you went above and beyond the call of duty...   Answer Question
  • Name a time in your prior job that you had a difficult patient/family, what happened and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question
  • If there were other employees that I supervise not willing to uphold a company change even after being talked to by you, what would you do?   View Answer
  • To you, How late does an employee have to be, to be considered LATE....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was SHOCKED by the pay rate! I am taking a $6.00 HR pay cut to work here.... IF the medical/dental are good, then I can take the hit. If they are not, I will have to decline. I have to provide medical for my children, and will not be able to buy my own on that low of pay. I am worried sick this weekend and looking for more info on the subject.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Greenfield, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2009.

Interview Details – Will usually present you with scenarios that you may encounter to see how you would respond

Interview Question – If you have more than one emergent situation at one time what would you do ?Answer they want is you will call another nurse for help.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Well they offered me more than my previous job so not much negotiating

EVS Interview

Ontario, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview Details – Apply Online, Called, and Scheule an Interview with the Supervisor, and then had a panel interview, and lastly met with the HR for paperwork, the process takes like 1-2 weeks

Interview Question – Basic questions, like teamworks, situational questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their wasnt really a lot of negotiating because they use like pay scale , and determine how much you should make for your years of experience.
Per Diem gets paid more, but you work less hours,
part time and full time gets gets paid less, but includes healthcare and other benefits,

Implementation Services Trainer Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2012.

Interview Details – There is an initial screening where you have to submit a video of yourself training something to your contract house. If they like you they pass you on to the Kindred. There is a phone interview which lasts for 30 minutes basically about how you handle your training class and some behavioral questions. If you pass the phone interview you are flown to Louisville to be interviewed by 4 people at once. They let you know if you got the job the same day.

Interview Question – In person you might be asked to do a short training on something you didn't prepare for. They try to throw you off your square to see if you can think on your feet. If you're a good trainer, this won't be a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You negotiate with your contract house. It was painless.

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2013.

Interview Details – Met with Western Region VP in a small conference room. Business casual dress.

Interview Question – There weren't any... he seemed nice.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All is handled through in-house recruiters. They would not budge on the offer so I contacted the VP directly (via email) and he called me back and met my salary request halfway.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kindred Healthcare

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Kindred Healthcare Videos

Kindred Healthcare – Why Work for Us?

KINDRED HEALTHCARE Our transitional care hospitals (certified as long-term acute care hospitals and licensed as acute care hospitals) provide high-intensity medical care to patients who need extended hospital stays… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kindred Healthcare interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kindred Healthcare employees and interview candidates.