Kindred Healthcare

Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2013.

I applied online and was called by HR a couple weeks later. The HR lady asked me some questions about background, ACUTE care exp, Certifications and license's, etc., after answering about 10-15 questions, she then offered an interview with the company. I accepted, gratefully!
    The interview consisted of meeting with the DON, and he asked me nursing scenario questions; prioritizing patients, etc., and critical thinking. THEN I met with a "panel" of employees, 3 of them, and the next 45 questions consisted of how I would fit in with other employees, etc... Personality questions... I was a bit taken back by one person on the panel as she was pretty aggressive and reading her expressions was scary, one was very nice and the other didn't stay awake and I would have to clear my throat when it was her turn to ask a question..., BUT none the less a week later I was extended a job offer, pending my background check and UA, etc... I have to say though, I was SHOCKED by the pay! I took a $6.00/HR PAY CUT!!! I am praying to GOD that the medical benefits, etc., will balance out the pay loss, or I will not be able to accept this job opportunity after all... I am worried about this as I HAVE to have good medical for my family. I will take the hit, but can't if I am paying high premiums as well....I wish I could find out online about their medical/dental, but am having no luck so far. I am getting mixed opinions rather than any facts.... So I guess we'll wait to meet with the HR personnel... I would LOVE the experience... But sadly enough, experience doesn't pay the bills.... today anyways. The exp would pay off down the road though!

Interview Questions
    • name 5 qualities your co-workers would say you posses, NOW name 5 qualities that would say you possess.   View Answer
    • Name a time while working in your prior job that you went above and beyond the call of duty...   Answer Question
    • Name a time in your prior job that you had a difficult patient/family, what happened and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question
    • If there were other employees that I supervise not willing to uphold a company change even after being talked to by you, what would you do?   View Answer
    • To you, How late does an employee have to be, to be considered LATE....   View Answer
    I was SHOCKED by the pay rate! I am taking a $6.00 HR pay cut to work here.... IF the medical/dental are good, then I can take the hit. If they are not, I will have to decline. I have to provide medical for my children, and will not be able to buy my own on that low of pay. I am worried sick this weekend and looking for more info on the subject.

Clinical Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in August 2013.

2 phone screens and 2 face to face with a total of 6 people. First 3 interviews went fantastic. Last interview with Executive Director (very professional), DON (took 30 min to smile) and Admissions Director had an actual scowl on her face every time I addressed her. Very rude!

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2011.

There is an online application with a follow up recruiter phone call. The initial interview is with the nurse manager and a second interview with a panel. The atmosphere is casual but tenuous.

Interview Questions
    • The panel interview asks the typical questions, yet they also want something personal. They asked, "What is the worst mistake you have ever made?"   View Answer
    They have a set salary schedule and your experience determines rate of pay

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in July 2009.

I had just graduated in July of 2005 and was very excited about finding my first job as a nurse. My friend had worked at Kindred before and said it was a good first job and she was right. The interview process was similar to ones I had experienced before but it had a hard medications and medical knowledge test also. I must have done well because they offered me the position as soon as my background check and drug test came back.

Program Director - Speech Pathologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2013.

Multiple interviews by phone and on-site. Final interview was with a small panel from facility management. Interviews with Kindred were easier - tough questions from facility managers. Very pleasant experience overall. Flew me to AZ from WA for on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your past that you had a disagreement with a company policy based on ethics and how you handled it/what you learned from it.   Answer Question
    Short phase but had to remain touch on minimal amount I would accept.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euclid, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euclid, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2012.

Many questions asked such as why do you want to work here, name a time when you went above and beyond for your patients, tell me about yourself, how do you handle conflict, what are your strenghts and what are your weaknesses how often do you call off

District Director of Case Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in February 2010.

Recruiter contacted me after see my resume on a job sight. Interview was set-up with DO and RDCM and the District office that the position would be located out of. They both was very forth coming with information in regards to the status of the facilities that I would have.

Interview Questions
    • None, I was very prepared. I had done my research on the company prior to the interview.   Answer Question
    There was not major issue. They made offer and I counter and they recounter and we came to agreement.

Registered Nurse PRN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in May 2009.

First had a brief phone interview from a corporate in California, then was called about a week later for a 1:1 interview with the chief nursing officer in Denver. Then, was called back one day later for a panel interview with about six department heads + urine drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most negative thing you can say about yourself?   View Answer
    No negotiations allowed; I tried but their rates are firm.

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter regarding a position I had applied for for an interview time. First interview seemed to go well. Moved on to second interview with peers (on shift job would have been for. After interview it took three weeks to notify me that I wasn't offered a job because my lack in acute care experience. I shouldn't have been pushed on to the second portion of the interview if this was the case, and it shouldn't have taken three weeks to notify me that I was not considered related to lack of acute care experience. Disappointed with the professionalism in the interview process and the length of time to notify of decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle working in the acute care setting?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkhart, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2014.

I had two detailed interviews, supervisors put all the positives and negatives on the line so you knew what you were walking into. I liked the honesty the most, it was even said "no this is not an easy place to work but we are all here for the patients". I would rather hear the truth then false promises

Interview Questions
    • I think the questions were standard as every nursing facility but the questions did point out there strengths as well as the things they are working on and I met with both the ADON and several days later the DON and both were very nice and friendly. They asked questions about what pay I expected, what shift I wanted, explained why they schedule the way they do...to remain fair!   View Answer