Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.5

Caregiver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Livermore, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Open interview day, me and a few other people were there to fill out paperwork and once we finished, the staffing managers asked questions about experiences and about yourself individually.

Certified Nursing Assitstant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Did in online application 3days a call back from recruit did a one on one interview unprofessional she was in her phone the whole time went on to do a group interview

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Louisville, KY) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview started with a HR rep, very basic questions to get to know me. After the interview with her I met with individuals that I would be working with and they asked questions related to the work that I would be doing. Kindred has a very professional atmosphere and a very welcoming environment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a mistake happened that was your fault. How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call within 2 weeks. I did the face to face interview within a week. I waited to heard back from them and got a call back for orientation within two weeks. Came back for orientation 1 week later.

Staffing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Vacaville, CA).

Interview

First day I interviewed with the branch manager. A very nice and energetic lady. Second day I met with her regional manager. The interview overall was simple. They explained about the job and the duties. They are looking for a good fit, someone who will be there long term. After the second interview he said it would take two weeks to hear back still have another week to go.

Director of Nursing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview

I was prescreened by a recruiter who set me up with an interview with the administrator that lasted 4 hours. The next day I had a brief interview with the district nurse and was offered the job later that day.

Interview Questions

• The administrator talked for about 2 hours about himself. He stated if we were going to work together, he wanted me to know about him.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was happy with what I was offered.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Filled out an online application. Called by DON. Met the next day. He was very friendly and already aware of my limited experience as a new grad nurse. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. The background check took just over 2 weeks. Orientation and training is offered for a minimum of 4 shifts.

Interview Questions

• What would you do of you discovered a patient unconscious and determined there is no pulse?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you seen that a CNA was not keeping up with his/her workload?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offered an above market rate for a new grad in this type of facility and location.

Clinical Liaison Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in July 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is a bit cumbersome. It is with a few people however, once hired it is a totally different story and it is very different. At that time the employee can fall into their own patterns and ways of doing things.

Interview Questions

• There was not one because they were all pertaining to the job that I do on a daily as so it was a natural conversation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews by phone and on-site. Final interview was with a small panel from facility management. Interviews with Kindred were easier - tough questions from facility managers. Very pleasant experience overall. Flew me to AZ from WA for on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your past that you had a disagreement with a company policy based on ethics and how you handled it/what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short phase but had to remain touch on minimal amount I would accept.

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2011.

Interview

Not your typical process when job hunting. You apply online and if you call to check on your application you are told that a recruiter will get in contact with you and that managers don't have a say on who is sent to their facility for an interview. I actually applied to one facility and was sent for and interview at another facility. It did take several weeks for the recruiter to get in contact with me to set up the interview. However after the interview I was offered a job that day once my background check was complete.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like why this company, where do you see yourself in x amount of years, and name a time you had to work with a group to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not negotiate wages they base it on a system they have in place that factors in your years of experience and position to determine what pay will be.