Kindred Healthcare

Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.5

Director of Nursing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

I was prescreened by a recruiter who set me up with an interview with the administrator that lasted 4 hours. The next day I had a brief interview with the district nurse and was offered the job later that day.

Interview Questions
    • The administrator talked for about 2 hours about himself. He stated if we were going to work together, he wanted me to know about him.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I was happy with what I was offered.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in December 2014.

Filled out an online application. Called by DON. Met the next day. He was very friendly and already aware of my limited experience as a new grad nurse. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. The background check took just over 2 weeks. Orientation and training is offered for a minimum of 4 shifts.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do of you discovered a patient unconscious and determined there is no pulse?   View Answer
    • What would you do if you seen that a CNA was not keeping up with his/her workload?   View Answer
    Offered an above market rate for a new grad in this type of facility and location.

Clinical Liaison Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in July 2010.

The hiring process is a bit cumbersome. It is with a few people however, once hired it is a totally different story and it is very different. At that time the employee can fall into their own patterns and ways of doing things.

Interview Questions
    • There was not one because they were all pertaining to the job that I do on a daily as so it was a natural conversation.   Answer Question

Program Director - Speech Pathologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2013.

Multiple interviews by phone and on-site. Final interview was with a small panel from facility management. Interviews with Kindred were easier - tough questions from facility managers. Very pleasant experience overall. Flew me to AZ from WA for on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your past that you had a disagreement with a company policy based on ethics and how you handled it/what you learned from it.   Answer Question
    Short phase but had to remain touch on minimal amount I would accept.

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in August 2011.

Not your typical process when job hunting. You apply online and if you call to check on your application you are told that a recruiter will get in contact with you and that managers don't have a say on who is sent to their facility for an interview. I actually applied to one facility and was sent for and interview at another facility. It did take several weeks for the recruiter to get in contact with me to set up the interview. However after the interview I was offered a job that day once my background check was complete.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions like why this company, where do you see yourself in x amount of years, and name a time you had to work with a group to solve a problem.   View Answer
    They do not negotiate wages they base it on a system they have in place that factors in your years of experience and position to determine what pay will be.

Nursing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

They called to set up an interview for a position, and upon returning call within 24 hours, never received a call back. Attempted again, within a few hours, and still no answer from recruiter.

CNA Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Filled out an app online and a couple days later i received a call wanting to set up interview. Went in for interview and went to the SDC office and she asked some basic questions. Asked why I wanted the job. What could i bring to the company. And went over pay and then had an immediate 2nd interview with the DON

none. Go for higher pay

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2013.

They called me the day after I submitted my online application to set up an interview. I interviewed the following day. I hadn't taken my NCLEX-RN exam yet, but they extended me a conditional job offer that was contigent on me passing the NCLEX. I took the NCLEX the next Thursday and began orientation the next Monday.

Interview Questions
    • None - they only asked me three questions. I also did a pre-employment drug test at the end of the interview and background test.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. The salary is the salary.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in September 2014.

I applied and hadn't heard back so I called and still didn't hear back. Finally I received a call from corporate and had a phone interview which went well. Basically they asked about my precious work experience and schooling. She then set up an interview with me. I went in and waited almost a half hour for the director of nursing to come get me for my interview. She asked basic questions and offered me the job. I was given an unintentional tour as it was near impossible to find anyone in the building to process my paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were to find a patient in their room unresponsive?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle two STNAs arguing loudly in the hallways?   Answer Question
    • If I spoke to your previous employers, what would they say about your attendance?   Answer Question
    I am a new grad so I was pretty much given the base pay but with shift differentials I am happy with the offer. I took the last night shift LPN job available so the hours were not what I had hoped for but will work.

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

I filled out an application online and got a call back about 3 weeks later to set up an interview. The first interview was one on one, then the second part was a panel interview. No case studies or clinical questions. Very easy, common sense answers.

Interview Questions
    • (Paraphrasing) Tell me about a time there was a change at work you didn't agree with and how did you dealt with it.   Answer Question