Kindred Healthcare

2.5

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2013.

I applied online and was called by HR a couple weeks later. The HR lady asked me some questions about background, ACUTE care exp, Certifications and license's, etc., after answering about 10-15 questions, she then offered an interview with the company. I accepted, gratefully!
    The interview consisted of meeting with the DON, and he asked me nursing scenario questions; prioritizing patients, etc., and critical thinking. THEN I met with a "panel" of employees, 3 of them, and the next 45 questions consisted of how I would fit in with other employees, etc... Personality questions... I was a bit taken back by one person on the panel as she was pretty aggressive and reading her expressions was scary, one was very nice and the other didn't stay awake and I would have to clear my throat when it was her turn to ask a question..., BUT none the less a week later I was extended a job offer, pending my background check and UA, etc... I have to say though, I was SHOCKED by the pay! I took a $6.00/HR PAY CUT!!! I am praying to GOD that the medical benefits, etc., will balance out the pay loss, or I will not be able to accept this job opportunity after all... I am worried about this as I HAVE to have good medical for my family. I will take the hit, but can't if I am paying high premiums as well....I wish I could find out online about their medical/dental, but am having no luck so far. I am getting mixed opinions rather than any facts.... So I guess we'll wait to meet with the HR personnel... I would LOVE the experience... But sadly enough, experience doesn't pay the bills.... today anyways. The exp would pay off down the road though!

Interview Questions
    • name 5 qualities your co-workers would say you posses, NOW name 5 qualities that would say you possess.   View Answer
    • Name a time while working in your prior job that you went above and beyond the call of duty...   Answer Question
    • Name a time in your prior job that you had a difficult patient/family, what happened and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question
    • If there were other employees that I supervise not willing to uphold a company change even after being talked to by you, what would you do?   View Answer
    • To you, How late does an employee have to be, to be considered LATE....   View Answer
    I was SHOCKED by the pay rate! I am taking a $6.00 HR pay cut to work here.... IF the medical/dental are good, then I can take the hit. If they are not, I will have to decline. I have to provide medical for my children, and will not be able to buy my own on that low of pay. I am worried sick this weekend and looking for more info on the subject.

Rehab Tech Interview

hiring recruiter contacts you after filling out online application. she speaks with you on current position, schooling, and career goals. then called in for a question.

Administrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

I had a pleasant conversation with person on the phone. The part was to take a personality test via the web. Sid i would need to get a score of 50% or better to be consider. I do not understand how you score these? There is no right or wrong answer. As of this date I haven' heard back yet. guess I didn't make the cut, who knows. Has anybody else applied here and took the test. Did they explain the Score?

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Just a quick interview with Director-it was then Vencor.

Interview Questions
    • He asked if I'd be willing to work different shifts. I only wanted days.   View Answer
    I took a cut in pay to work here but I was willing.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2013.

Met with Western Region VP in a small conference room. Business casual dress.

Interview Questions
    All is handled through in-house recruiters. They would not budge on the offer so I contacted the VP directly (via email) and he called me back and met my salary request halfway.

Licensed Practical Nurse - Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2013.

Easy initial interview with the SDC, tour of facility, met briefly with DON & ADON. was offered a position at the end of the interview. Filled out paperwork for background check, urine drug screen & waited a few days for background clearance. Immediately started 5 day orientation, followed nursing staff the following week for a few shifts then "voila" rec'd my own assignment. I felt it was a fairly standard interview/training process for nursing homes. No complaints abt it really..

Interview Questions
    • None, was asked a few "interview/situational" type questions but none that stumped me   Answer Question
    On my schedule - yes. On my starting pay - no.

Hospice Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in October 2012.

Spoke with area manager met with director was shown around office introduced to other employees felt extremely comfortable that was also one of the reason I chose to work with company

Interview Questions
    Go in asking what you feel you are worth and stick with it

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in September 2012.

Applied on a Monday, had a phone interview Tuesday, met the hiring manager and a supervisor on Thursday, was offered the job Friday afternoon.

Interview Questions
    None-Kindred has a strict policy based on experience.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2012.

Was Hired on with company merging to this company,

Implementation Services Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2012.

There is an initial screening where you have to submit a video of yourself training something to your contract house. If they like you they pass you on to the Kindred. There is a phone interview which lasts for 30 minutes basically about how you handle your training class and some behavioral questions. If you pass the phone interview you are flown to Louisville to be interviewed by 4 people at once. They let you know if you got the job the same day.

Interview Questions
    • In person you might be asked to do a short training on something you didn't prepare for. They try to throw you off your square to see if you can think on your feet. If you're a good trainer, this won't be a problem.   Answer Question
    You negotiate with your contract house. It was painless.