Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.5

Evs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Ontario, CA).

Interview

Apply Online, Called, and Scheule an Interview with the Supervisor, and then had a panel interview, and lastly met with the HR for paperwork, the process takes like 1-2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, like teamworks, situational questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their wasnt really a lot of negotiating because they use like pay scale , and determine how much you should make for your years of experience.
    Per Diem gets paid more, but you work less hours,
    part time and full time gets gets paid less, but includes healthcare and other benefits,

Systems Programmer Interview

Interview

Hiring process was pretty straightforward. It consisted of one on-site interview. During this one time, I met with other technical gurus, the Manager, and the Director.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was actually not hard. Describe how you would _____.   Answer Question

Received better offer at another place.

Social Services Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in August 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call that they has received my resume and were interested in me coming in for an interview. I cam in and was contacted the next day to come in again to meet with another manager. I was called back that same day or the next and was told that I was being offered the position and I accepted at $20/hr

Clinical Liaison Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

2 phone screens and 2 face to face with a total of 6 people. First 3 interviews went fantastic. Last interview with Executive Director (very professional), DON (took 30 min to smile) and Admissions Director had an actual scowl on her face every time I addressed her. Very rude!

Interview Questions

• How well I know Medicare reimbursement guidelines   2 Answers

Materials Management and Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Wasnt hard just an interview and a backround check. All of the tb tests and any other medical check gets done in house. However the background check took alittle over a month to complete and that was a rushed job. The standard back ground check here takes two months on average so be prepared to wait a while. In other words have a job while you wait.

Interview Questions

• Were did I want to be in the next 3 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isnt much room at all for negotiations here so be prepared to accept what is offered.

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Easy interview, showed me around the whole hospital and introduced me to everyone. I then went before a panel of interviewers and they asked me more questions, the basic questions.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2013.

Interview

They called me the day after I submitted my online application to set up an interview. I interviewed the following day. I hadn't taken my NCLEX-RN exam yet, but they extended me a conditional job offer that was contigent on me passing the NCLEX. I took the NCLEX the next Thursday and began orientation the next Monday.

Interview Questions

• None - they only asked me three questions. I also did a pre-employment drug test at the end of the interview and background test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The salary is the salary.

CNA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Glendora, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

They were very detailed on what you know, experiences, why you want to work here and what would you make you different to be a positive addition to their team.

Interview Questions

• i didnt really have any unexpected questions i do know I forgot to ask about pay rate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they offered me the position i wanted and fund out the pay rate which amazing surprised me in a good way.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called by HR a couple weeks later. The HR lady asked me some questions about background, ACUTE care exp, Certifications and license's, etc., after answering about 10-15 questions, she then offered an interview with the company. I accepted, gratefully!
    The interview consisted of meeting with the DON, and he asked me nursing scenario questions; prioritizing patients, etc., and critical thinking. THEN I met with a "panel" of employees, 3 of them, and the next 45 questions consisted of how I would fit in with other employees, etc... Personality questions... I was a bit taken back by one person on the panel as she was pretty aggressive and reading her expressions was scary, one was very nice and the other didn't stay awake and I would have to clear my throat when it was her turn to ask a question..., BUT none the less a week later I was extended a job offer, pending my background check and UA, etc... I have to say though, I was SHOCKED by the pay! I took a $6.00/HR PAY CUT!!! I am praying to GOD that the medical benefits, etc., will balance out the pay loss, or I will not be able to accept this job opportunity after all... I am worried about this as I HAVE to have good medical for my family. I will take the hit, but can't if I am paying high premiums as well....I wish I could find out online about their medical/dental, but am having no luck so far. I am getting mixed opinions rather than any facts.... So I guess we'll wait to meet with the HR personnel... I would LOVE the experience... But sadly enough, experience doesn't pay the bills.... today anyways. The exp would pay off down the road though!

Interview Questions

• name 5 qualities your co-workers would say you posses, NOW name 5 qualities that would say you possess.   1 Answer
    • Name a time while working in your prior job that you went above and beyond the call of duty...   Answer Question
    • Name a time in your prior job that you had a difficult patient/family, what happened and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question
    • If there were other employees that I supervise not willing to uphold a company change even after being talked to by you, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • To you, How late does an employee have to be, to be considered LATE....   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was SHOCKED by the pay rate! I am taking a $6.00 HR pay cut to work here.... IF the medical/dental are good, then I can take the hit. If they are not, I will have to decline. I have to provide medical for my children, and will not be able to buy my own on that low of pay. I am worried sick this weekend and looking for more info on the subject.

Program Director - Speech Pathologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews by phone and on-site. Final interview was with a small panel from facility management. Interviews with Kindred were easier - tough questions from facility managers. Very pleasant experience overall. Flew me to AZ from WA for on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your past that you had a disagreement with a company policy based on ethics and how you handled it/what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short phase but had to remain touch on minimal amount I would accept.