Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions

2.5

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2011.

I was contacted to interview with Kindred on Thursday, and my interview was scheduled for Friday. I drove two hours to meet with the employer at their location only to be told the hiring manager was not there that day. They had plenty of time to contact me before hand and let me know that they needed to reschedule, and they were aware of how far I was traveling to reach them. I declined to reschedule my interview. I was contacted the next Monday by the administrator to try and reschedule my interview, and I finally received an apology for their unprofessional-ism. I declined again. I do not want to work for this company anymore.

Interview Questions

I wanted a company would I could trust to be professional/

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2011.

It was more on of a personality interview. What are my strengths and weaknesses, name a situation where it was difficult for you and how I handled it., what is the most challenging situation I have encounter, why did you choose this company..

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2011.

Interviewed with Nursing Manager and CNO. No opportunity to meet with direct patient care staff.

Interview Questions
    • They were very kind and excited during the interview. Nothing unexpected or difficult experienced.   Answer Question
    I was informed that there were no negotiations offered. All based on experience and years of service tier.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2011.

There is an online application with a follow up recruiter phone call. The initial interview is with the nurse manager and a second interview with a panel. The atmosphere is casual but tenuous.

Interview Questions
    • The panel interview asks the typical questions, yet they also want something personal. They asked, "What is the worst mistake you have ever made?"   View Answer
    They have a set salary schedule and your experience determines rate of pay

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, ID

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in November 2010.

Very casual. Interviewed by Executive Director and he basically went over the highlights of the job and asked me if I was capable of accomplishing the duties.

Interview Questions
    • Can I expect the lowest possible wage for the job? Starting Wage $13.95 an hour.   View Answer
    There was no negotiating a rock bottom salary of $13.95 an hour. I had a choice take this extremely low paying job or have NO job.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in October 2010.

Phone interview for a two month contract and hired on full time after 9 months of working.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because I was unemployed at the time.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in September 2010.

i interviewed, no tour of building, was told i would be notified within 24 hours, it was 3 weeks. Was hired for full time, but we were sent home early every day without pay for those hours.

Interview Questions
    • she really didnt ask questions she just had a social conversation with me.   Answer Question
    no the offer was very good

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in July 2010.

phone interview first - two weeks later a one-on-one interview. It lasted an hour - not much detail given about the job and daily activities. Mostly behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had to discipline a subordinate.   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you had a conflict with a superior and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Clinical Liaison Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in July 2010.

The hiring process is a bit cumbersome. It is with a few people however, once hired it is a totally different story and it is very different. At that time the employee can fall into their own patterns and ways of doing things.

Interview Questions
    • There was not one because they were all pertaining to the job that I do on a daily as so it was a natural conversation.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in May 2010.

I met with the E.D, DON & the SSD and interviewed with all of them. They wanted to know how I death with difficult residents and families. Wanted details about previous state inspections I had been through and how it went.

Pretty straight forward