Kindred Healthcare

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Technician Interview

IT Technician
Louisville, KY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in October 2011.

Interview Details – staffing agency - phone, f2f, company people who interviewed me didn't have much time except for another contractor.

Interview Question – background of pc experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none - staffing agency

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in September 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online via ATS which was a very easy process. Several months later, contacted by a recruiter who conducted a 15 minute phone screen. Followed up after a week or two and came in for a 1:1 interview with the director and then the other recruiter joined later to continue the interview. A week later, met with the VP of HR who conducted an interview in a role playing questionnaire. A couple of weeks later extended an offer. Accepted due to elimination of previous employer but with a significant pay and benefit cut. Took a couple of weeks to get an approved offer. Completed an online onboarding portal followed up with a drug screen and background check. Was never contacted as to whether the drug screen and background check cleared. Very welcoming once on board, but little to no training.

Interview Questions

• They were typical interview questions along with some behavioral questions and role playing questions. Like where do you see yourself in five years? If I am the hiring manager, explain the process or flow you would take in a full cycle recruiting role. How would you handle a difficult manager?   Answer Question
  • See above for example questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate due to salary of existing recruiter.

RN Interview

RN
Euclid, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2012.

Interview Details – Many questions asked such as why do you want to work here, name a time when you went above and beyond for your patients, tell me about yourself, how do you handle conflict, what are your strenghts and what are your weaknesses how often do you call off

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   View Answer

CNA Interview

CNA
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2009.

Interview Details – First you go online, then they call you and you go in to talk to their human resource person, then you do orientation and meet the dept. heads-they are snobbish and rude, so I declined the job. There is obvious cliches adn they treat you as if you are child.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work oin geriatric care.   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – The interview and subsequent orientation already introduced me to people who looked down to me and I have done this job fopr 17 years so I pick up on atitudes really quick.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Springfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in September 2010.

Interview Details – i interviewed, no tour of building, was told i would be notified within 24 hours, it was 3 weeks. Was hired for full time, but we were sent home early every day without pay for those hours.

Interview Question – she really didnt ask questions she just had a social conversation with me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no the offer was very good

Very Easy Interview

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted to interview with Kindred on Thursday, and my interview was scheduled for Friday. I drove two hours to meet with the employer at their location only to be told the hiring manager was not there that day. They had plenty of time to contact me before hand and let me know that they needed to reschedule, and they were aware of how far I was traveling to reach them. I declined to reschedule my interview. I was contacted the next Monday by the administrator to try and reschedule my interview, and I finally received an apology for their unprofessional-ism. I declined again. I do not want to work for this company anymore.

Interview Question – What is your customer service experience like?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wanted a company would I could trust to be professional/

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Alameda, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2011.

Interview Details – It was more on of a personality interview. What are my strengths and weaknesses, name a situation where it was difficult for you and how I handled it., what is the most challenging situation I have encounter, why did you choose this company..

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in July 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview first - two weeks later a one-on-one interview. It lasted an hour - not much detail given about the job and daily activities. Mostly behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to discipline a subordinate.   Answer Question
  • Tell about a time you had a conflict with a superior and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Respiratory Therapy Interview

Respiratory Therapy
Louisville, KY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in May 2008.

Interview Details – I spoke with Dept. head per telephone x 30 minutes. We discussed job duties, hours, and pay.He asked me about my experience and previous employers.

Interview Questions

• What year did you work at what facility? I have worked many places!   View Answer
  • What is your salary expectation?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not enough pay and interviewer wasn't clear on HOURS.

Registered Nurse PRN Interview

Registered Nurse PRN
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in May 2009.

Interview Details – First had a brief phone interview from a corporate in California, then was called about a week later for a 1:1 interview with the chief nursing officer in Denver. Then, was called back one day later for a panel interview with about six department heads + urine drug screen.

Interview Question – What's the most negative thing you can say about yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations allowed; I tried but their rates are firm.