Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.5

Rehab Tech Interview

Interview

hiring recruiter contacts you after filling out online application. she speaks with you on current position, schooling, and career goals. then called in for a question.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare.

Interview

I had a pleasant conversation with person on the phone. The part was to take a personality test via the web. Sid i would need to get a score of 50% or better to be consider. I do not understand how you score these? There is no right or wrong answer. As of this date I haven' heard back yet. guess I didn't make the cut, who knows. Has anybody else applied here and took the test. Did they explain the Score?

Interview Questions

• nothing really unusual asked   1 Answer

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Just a quick interview with Director-it was then Vencor.

Interview Questions

• He asked if I'd be willing to work different shifts. I only wanted days.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I took a cut in pay to work here but I was willing.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Pleasant Hill, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with Western Region VP in a small conference room. Business casual dress.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All is handled through in-house recruiters. They would not budge on the offer so I contacted the VP directly (via email) and he called me back and met my salary request halfway.

Licensed Practical Nurse - Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Greenfield, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

Easy initial interview with the SDC, tour of facility, met briefly with DON & ADON. was offered a position at the end of the interview. Filled out paperwork for background check, urine drug screen & waited a few days for background clearance. Immediately started 5 day orientation, followed nursing staff the following week for a few shifts then "voila" rec'd my own assignment. I felt it was a fairly standard interview/training process for nursing homes. No complaints abt it really..

Interview Questions

• None, was asked a few "interview/situational" type questions but none that stumped me   Answer Question

Negotiation

On my schedule - yes. On my starting pay - no.

Hospice Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Pleasant Hill, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Spoke with area manager met with director was shown around office introduced to other employees felt extremely comfortable that was also one of the reason I chose to work with company

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving present employee   1 Answer

Negotiation

Go in asking what you feel you are worth and stick with it

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Aurora, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied on a Monday, had a phone interview Tuesday, met the hiring manager and a supervisor on Thursday, was offered the job Friday afternoon.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None-Kindred has a strict policy based on experience.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2012.

Interview

Was Hired on with company merging to this company,

Implementation Services Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Louisville, KY) in January 2012.

Interview

There is an initial screening where you have to submit a video of yourself training something to your contract house. If they like you they pass you on to the Kindred. There is a phone interview which lasts for 30 minutes basically about how you handle your training class and some behavioral questions. If you pass the phone interview you are flown to Louisville to be interviewed by 4 people at once. They let you know if you got the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• In person you might be asked to do a short training on something you didn't prepare for. They try to throw you off your square to see if you can think on your feet. If you're a good trainer, this won't be a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You negotiate with your contract house. It was painless.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Euclid, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Many questions asked such as why do you want to work here, name a time when you went above and beyond for your patients, tell me about yourself, how do you handle conflict, what are your strenghts and what are your weaknesses how often do you call off

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer