Kindred Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.5

IT Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Louisville, KY) in October 2011.

Interview

staffing agency - phone, f2f, company people who interviewed me didn't have much time except for another contractor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none - staffing agency

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Louisville, KY) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied online via ATS which was a very easy process. Several months later, contacted by a recruiter who conducted a 15 minute phone screen. Followed up after a week or two and came in for a 1:1 interview with the director and then the other recruiter joined later to continue the interview. A week later, met with the VP of HR who conducted an interview in a role playing questionnaire. A couple of weeks later extended an offer. Accepted due to elimination of previous employer but with a significant pay and benefit cut. Took a couple of weeks to get an approved offer. Completed an online onboarding portal followed up with a drug screen and background check. Was never contacted as to whether the drug screen and background check cleared. Very welcoming once on board, but little to no training.

Interview Questions

• They were typical interview questions along with some behavioral questions and role playing questions. Like where do you see yourself in five years? If I am the hiring manager, explain the process or flow you would take in a full cycle recruiting role. How would you handle a difficult manager?   Answer Question
    • See above for example questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate due to salary of existing recruiter.

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2011.

Interview

Not your typical process when job hunting. You apply online and if you call to check on your application you are told that a recruiter will get in contact with you and that managers don't have a say on who is sent to their facility for an interview. I actually applied to one facility and was sent for and interview at another facility. It did take several weeks for the recruiter to get in contact with me to set up the interview. However after the interview I was offered a job that day once my background check was complete.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like why this company, where do you see yourself in x amount of years, and name a time you had to work with a group to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not negotiate wages they base it on a system they have in place that factors in your years of experience and position to determine what pay will be.

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Very easy phone interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone told you that another therapist lied about treating a patient?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Named my price and that was it

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted to interview with Kindred on Thursday, and my interview was scheduled for Friday. I drove two hours to meet with the employer at their location only to be told the hiring manager was not there that day. They had plenty of time to contact me before hand and let me know that they needed to reschedule, and they were aware of how far I was traveling to reach them. I declined to reschedule my interview. I was contacted the next Monday by the administrator to try and reschedule my interview, and I finally received an apology for their unprofessional-ism. I declined again. I do not want to work for this company anymore.

Interview Questions

I wanted a company would I could trust to be professional/

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Alameda, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It was more on of a personality interview. What are my strengths and weaknesses, name a situation where it was difficult for you and how I handled it., what is the most challenging situation I have encounter, why did you choose this company..

RN (Registered Nurse ASN) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Pasadena, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with Nursing Manager and CNO. No opportunity to meet with direct patient care staff.

Interview Questions

• They were very kind and excited during the interview. Nothing unexpected or difficult experienced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was informed that there were no negotiations offered. All based on experience and years of service tier.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Greenwood, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

There is an online application with a follow up recruiter phone call. The initial interview is with the nurse manager and a second interview with a panel. The atmosphere is casual but tenuous.

Interview Questions

• The panel interview asks the typical questions, yet they also want something personal. They asked, "What is the worst mistake you have ever made?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a set salary schedule and your experience determines rate of pay

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Moscow, ID) in November 2010.

Interview

Very casual. Interviewed by Executive Director and he basically went over the highlights of the job and asked me if I was capable of accomplishing the duties.

Interview Questions

• Can I expect the lowest possible wage for the job? Starting Wage $13.95 an hour.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating a rock bottom salary of $13.95 an hour. I had a choice take this extremely low paying job or have NO job.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare (Louisville, KY) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview for a two month contract and hired on full time after 9 months of working.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I was unemployed at the time.