Kindred Healthcare Licensed Practical Nurse Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Elkhart, IN
Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2014.

I had two detailed interviews, supervisors put all the positives and negatives on the line so you knew what you were walking into. I liked the honesty the most, it was even said "no this is not an easy place to work but we are all here for the patients". I would rather hear the truth then false promises

Interview Questions
  • I think the questions were standard as every nursing facility but the questions did point out there strengths as well as the things they are working on and I met with both the ADON and several days later the DON and both were very nice and friendly. They asked questions about what pay I expected, what shift I wanted, explained why they schedule the way they do...to remain fair!   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in February 2009.

was at that time very pleasant exp.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in March 2009.

I faxed my resume on a Sunday and was contacted by the Healthcare Recruiter on Tuesday. I had an interview on Thursday and was offerd the position pending reference checks that day.I started 2 weeks later Very straightforward hiring process with no fear of not receiving an offer since I was offered.

Interview Questions
    Salary was presented as is, but it was a fair offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2013.

I applied online and was called by HR a couple weeks later. The HR lady asked me some questions about background, ACUTE care exp, Certifications and license's, etc., after answering about 10-15 questions, she then offered an interview with the company. I accepted, gratefully!
    The interview consisted of meeting with the DON, and he asked me nursing scenario questions; prioritizing patients, etc., and critical thinking. THEN I met with a "panel" of employees, 3 of them, and the next 45 questions consisted of how I would fit in with other employees, etc... Personality questions... I was a bit taken back by one person on the panel as she was pretty aggressive and reading her expressions was scary, one was very nice and the other didn't stay awake and I would have to clear my throat when it was her turn to ask a question..., BUT none the less a week later I was extended a job offer, pending my background check and UA, etc... I have to say though, I was SHOCKED by the pay! I took a $6.00/HR PAY CUT!!! I am praying to GOD that the medical benefits, etc., will balance out the pay loss, or I will not be able to accept this job opportunity after all... I am worried about this as I HAVE to have good medical for my family. I will take the hit, but can't if I am paying high premiums as well....I wish I could find out online about their medical/dental, but am having no luck so far. I am getting mixed opinions rather than any facts.... So I guess we'll wait to meet with the HR personnel... I would LOVE the experience... But sadly enough, experience doesn't pay the bills.... today anyways. The exp would pay off down the road though!

Interview Questions
    • name 5 qualities your co-workers would say you posses, NOW name 5 qualities that would say you possess.   View Answer
    • Name a time while working in your prior job that you went above and beyond the call of duty...   Answer Question
    • Name a time in your prior job that you had a difficult patient/family, what happened and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question
    • If there were other employees that I supervise not willing to uphold a company change even after being talked to by you, what would you do?   View Answer
    • To you, How late does an employee have to be, to be considered LATE....   View Answer
    I was SHOCKED by the pay rate! I am taking a $6.00 HR pay cut to work here.... IF the medical/dental are good, then I can take the hit. If they are not, I will have to decline. I have to provide medical for my children, and will not be able to buy my own on that low of pay. I am worried sick this weekend and looking for more info on the subject.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in July 2008.

I was called in for an interview after submitting my resume

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your prior place of employment   View Answer
    None. Pay based on number of years experience

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in July 2009.

I had just graduated in July of 2005 and was very excited about finding my first job as a nurse. My friend had worked at Kindred before and said it was a good first job and she was right. The interview process was similar to ones I had experienced before but it had a hard medications and medical knowledge test also. I must have done well because they offered me the position as soon as my background check and drug test came back.

Interview Questions

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!