Kindred Healthcare

Updated Sep 16, 2014

1.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in June 2013.

They called me the day after I submitted my online application to set up an interview. I interviewed the following day. I hadn't taken my NCLEX-RN exam yet, but they extended me a conditional job offer that was contigent on me passing the NCLEX. I took the NCLEX the next Thursday and began orientation the next Monday.

Interview Questions
  • None - they only asked me three questions. I also did a pre-employment drug test at the end of the interview and background test.   Answer Question
There is no negotiation. The salary is the salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Kindred Healthcare

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in September 2012.

Applied on a Monday, had a phone interview Tuesday, met the hiring manager and a supervisor on Thursday, was offered the job Friday afternoon.

Interview Questions
    None-Kindred has a strict policy based on experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2011.

It was more on of a personality interview. What are my strengths and weaknesses, name a situation where it was difficult for you and how I handled it., what is the most challenging situation I have encounter, why did you choose this company..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in September 2010.

i interviewed, no tour of building, was told i would be notified within 24 hours, it was 3 weeks. Was hired for full time, but we were sent home early every day without pay for those hours.

Interview Questions
    • she really didnt ask questions she just had a social conversation with me.   Answer Question
    no the offer was very good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2009.

Will usually present you with scenarios that you may encounter to see how you would respond

Interview Questions
    • If you have more than one emergent situation at one time what would you do ?Answer they want is you will call another nurse for help.   View Answer
    Well they offered me more than my previous job so not much negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in March 2009.

The hiring process is long and drawn out. Expect to come to 2 interviews, one with appropriate department head and another with peer group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in March 2009.

Fill out the application on line. If they are interested they will call. You are interviewed by the DON. Then interviewed by 3 random employees. Including clerks, LPN's, etc. Asked about three pages of questions that are all about what would you do if A, B, and C happened what would you do? Afterwards they call within a couple of days. Human Resources are great. Easy to enroll for benefits.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate pay. It was brief and productive.

Registered Nurse Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kindred Healthcare in February 2009.

Very quick and eager to hire me. I called on Monday and they called me back for an interview which I went to on Wednesday. But they had to get a hold of one of my references so it took a while, but they told me as soon as they talked to them I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • They really didn't ask any probing questions. Just what I wanted to do in my field, and then they proceeded to describe what the company did.   Answer Question
    Didn't happen.