Kindred Healthcare

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in March 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process is long and drawn out. Expect to come to 2 interviews, one with appropriate department head and another with peer group.

Greenfield, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in April 2009.

Interview Details – Will usually present you with scenarios that you may encounter to see how you would respond

Interview Question – If you have more than one emergent situation at one time what would you do ?Answer they want is you will call another nurse for help.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Well they offered me more than my previous job so not much negotiating

Ocala, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in March 2009.

Interview Details – Fill out the application on line. If they are interested they will call. You are interviewed by the DON. Then interviewed by 3 random employees. Including clerks, LPN's, etc. Asked about three pages of questions that are all about what would you do if A, B, and C happened what would you do? Afterwards they call within a couple of days. Human Resources are great. Easy to enroll for benefits.

Interview Question – None. Interview was simplistic.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate pay. It was brief and productive.

Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on a Monday, had a phone interview Tuesday, met the hiring manager and a supervisor on Thursday, was offered the job Friday afternoon.

Interview Question – No difficult quesitons, just chatted about experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None-Kindred has a strict policy based on experience.

Springfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in September 2010.

Interview Details – i interviewed, no tour of building, was told i would be notified within 24 hours, it was 3 weeks. Was hired for full time, but we were sent home early every day without pay for those hours.

Interview Question – she really didnt ask questions she just had a social conversation with me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no the offer was very good

Alameda, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in January 2011.

Interview Details – It was more on of a personality interview. What are my strengths and weaknesses, name a situation where it was difficult for you and how I handled it., what is the most challenging situation I have encounter, why did you choose this company..

Interview Questions

Registered Nurse

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Kindred Healthcare in February 2009.

Interview Details – Very quick and eager to hire me. I called on Monday and they called me back for an interview which I went to on Wednesday. But they had to get a hold of one of my references so it took a while, but they told me as soon as they talked to them I was hired.

Interview Question – They really didn't ask any probing questions. Just what I wanted to do in my field, and then they proceeded to describe what the company did.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't happen.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kindred Healthcare

Worked for Kindred Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Kindred Healthcare Videos

Kindred Healthcare – Why Work for Us?

KINDRED HEALTHCARE Our transitional care hospitals (certified as long-term acute care hospitals and licensed as acute care hospitals) provide high-intensity medical care to patients who need extended hospital stays… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kindred Healthcare Registered Nurse interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Kindred Healthcare employees and interview candidates.