Kinetic Concepts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kinetic Concepts (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

First interview was basic information by recruiter, then had another interview by phone from someone HR, because they were leaving out of town, then about 2 1/2 hours of interviews by 3 other people connected to the position about a half an hour per and an hour for the main boss.

Interview Questions

• Mostly all were .. tell me about a time when... you worked on a project; resolved a conflict with a team member; busy day with conflicting activities...   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Kinetic Concepts.

Interview

Phone interview, face interview.... Then must take DDI test, responded with offer within 1 week. I don't want to write 50 words in this section. Is this 50 yet? One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven ... Fifty

Interview Questions

• Leadership, teamwork, time management, and customer service questions   Answer Question

Senior IT Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kinetic Concepts in May 2015.

Interview

Interview Process took over a month but it was a pleasant experience. First was a phone call followed by video call lasting couple of hours. The group explained very well about the exact scenario, challanges and requirement and expectations. Focused mostly on experiences to handle similar situations.

Clinical Safety Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kinetic Concepts.

Interview

Hiring process took 1 month. There was phone contact from the HR then in person interview. I heard from the employer after a month of interview. Hiring process is very straight forward however it is slow and need patience from applicant's side.

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate much as the salary offer was pretty good to begin with. However, later I learned that I could have asked more. There was room for higher pay rate.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kinetic Concepts.

Interview

overall a very good experience - met with regional manager after my customer referred me to them, then interviewed with district manager in his district. soon after interviewing and hiring the manager quit - happens often. normal questioning. travelled to district manager to interview...

Interview Questions

• if you were an animal what animal would you be? jk   1 Answer

Negotiation

would not allow signing bonus although i was leaving position in which i was to receive a bonus in 4 months

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

A very normal process; started with a phone interview, then a visit to facility for a face to face interview, a second face to face interview, and a written offer. Went to negotiation and then acceptance of offer.

Payer Relations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kinetic Concepts.

Interview

One phone interview; two office interviews - one with the director and one with a supervisor. Not very intensive and did not prove to fully describe the depth of the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kinetic Concepts (San Antonio, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The group operating the project management office is new and does not seem to have a well defined interview process. The first interview was with the senior director. He was forthcoming on the needs of the company and was mostly concerned about whether I could fit the position. The second interview was with separate multiple team members. Each was clear on the mission. However, the description from each was inconsistent, especially about the culture of the organization. This organization is clearly in transition. However, there does not seem to be a clear vision.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle obtaining an estimate from a business stakeholder when you have a deadline approaching?   1 Answer

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kinetic Concepts (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

the Interview Process is very detailed as to the type of work you have previously done. for me it was no problem as I had worked as a Temp for them the previous year (2001) so they new my ability to learn new software on the fly.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kinetic Concepts (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

I am very disappointed with their interview process. The negative reviews on Glassdoor are spot on. The person conducting the interview (outsource to DDI) was extremely impersonal, rude, & condescending. Really, 45 minutes of situational questions (after a screen interview) for a seasoned med device/equipment rep w/ mgmt experience?!?! Don't you usually do that for entry-level candidates? What's with the block of time I need to set aside (interview was at 2:00, but said to be available from 1:30-2:30)? Is this comcast? Just about every review I read said it was a long drawn out process that takes weeks/months (sometimes close to a year). Then after all that, they're going to fly you out for a final interview (we'll even pay for it!)? I thought KCI was all about reducing their carbon footprint? Ever heard of Skype or having the hiring mgr set foot in the territory (should be a good indicator of the support you'll get)? Why not take a little bit of time to learn about prospective candidate’s skills, background, & experience to see what they bring to the table & if it is a potential fit? Interviews should be give & take & anyone can answer a question using the STAR technique! I personally cut the interview short after she confirmed the entire 45 mins was going to be situational questions (no answer was good enough, she'd just rephrase her underlying objections again and again). I have no interest in working for an organization like this! Honest to God, one of the questions was, "tell me about the most logical, constructive conversation you ever had to persuade a potential customer". Like anyone remembers something like that or thinks in those terms. Anyone with half a brain tries to make every conversation with a prospect be logical, constructive, & persuasive! Keep pushing people's buttons/making them jump through hoops-it's clearly working for your company (let's rapidly expand our sales force after massive layoffs)-WAFJ! Solid itinerary too, they don't even tell you who you're going to be interviewing with or provide a job description (you'll have to dig that up yourself).

Interview Questions

• 45 mins of situational questions in which no answer was good enough. She would just rephrase with objection after objection. Honest to God, one of the questions was, "tell me about the most logical, constructive conversation you ever had to persuade a potential customer".   1 Answer