King County Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Aug 19, 2015

LAS II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring supervisor emailed an interview offer directly to me based on the resume I had previously submitted to HR for a similar position in a different department. She was very communicative both before and after the interview, keeping me informed about the process, which I greatly appreciated. The interview was a panel comprised of the hiring supervisor, the paralegal assigned to the department and the other current LAS II. Following the interview, there were several skill-based tests and several essay questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about obtaining additional information from a staff attorney who may not have provided enough for you to process discoveries for their case?   Answer Question

Justice Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process occurred via Skype. 30 minutes before the interview they emailed a set of problems related to the work that would be done within the position. The interviewers were a panel of 3 individuals, 1 in HR and 2 who conducted similar work.

Interview Questions

• What data management tools/ software are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Security Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

The initial was a 3 person phone interview. Did not make it to the Second interview as I feel that they already had someone waiting for the job. Even though I was very well qualified and had done the job for a large government organization previously. The way the questions were worded, I am not sure that they knew just what the job itself entailed. There were no persons that had worked security or law enforcement on the interview panel.

Interview Questions

• Explain the position that I had in the past that most closely resembled this one   1 Answer

Legislative Analyst, King County Council Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Questionnaires Written exams Lately, there have been required presentations and in order to be truly competitive you would probably need to have first hand knowlege as a county or city employee. It sometimes seemed like the team tasked with doing the main portion of the interview process were interested in selling me on the job. Then after moving forward from the staff portion of the interview, if you do well, you will be asked to return to meet with council members and chief of staff. Council members were at times very engaged, but others were less interested in participating in the process.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about problems facing the General Fund that cannot really adequately be solved.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation allowed. Just an additional $2k to the Council's initial offer.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The hiring process was top notch and thoroughly thought out. If your resume makes it to the short list, you go through a panel interview consisting of 10 plus folks who each ask a question--the questions vary. Additionally, you are given a topic ahead of time to prepare a slide presentation. The final interview is a day onsite where you are in front of a additional panel and asked various questions and get a tour of the office and surround.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say there were any unexpected questions or difficult questions per se. It was a very professional and well thought out process which speaks to the quality of the management and HR group at KCIT.   Answer Question

Legal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Long interim between applying and getting a call. Interview was very casual. Interviewers seemed to already have decided on me before I arrived. Asked a few brief questions and mostly discussed logistics of start date, etc. Full criminal background check.

Interview Questions

• Again, the interview questions were very brief and they even told me they just had to ask me them for HR purposes. They inquired about experience, my education, office and software skills, typing speed, etc.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Petty much your standard STAR type of line of questioning. I was interview by a co-worker, the direct Supervisor and Section Supervisor. Interviewers were very busy writing down my responses. Interview took a little over 1.5hrs.

Interview Questions

• Nothing worth mentioning, most were standard STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, annual step pay increases plus COLA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted for the position in February 2014 and received email from King County in March 3rd week for selecting date for interview and written test. I selected the interview date, test date and received confirmation. I arrived 20 min before the interview, so they gave me list of questions that will be asked in the interview. There were 7 questions and all were related to work experience. I answered all the question with ease and left the king county office. As per schedule, I was sent written test document and was asked to send it back in an hour. Written test had 11 technical questions, I answered 10 of them correctly and was confident on the outcome. Next week, I received email that I have not been selected to move forward in the selection process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy. In written test, I was asked to explain o2c or p2p cycle, cursors, sql query and a pl/sql block.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was involved in at least 10 hiring panels for First Line Supervisors. The first step was to work out the interview questions and the role play scenarios. Next was to post the job requiremnts and review the applicants work history followed by a written test. This culled about 10-15% of the applicants. Usually the applicants were then asked to play the role of a First line Supervisor in a series of four difficult situations and was graded by the panel on how well they perfomed in real time and gave the panel an insight as to what skills interacting with others they possed as well as their ability to solve difficult situations. We used other employees as actors (current First Line Supervisors), followed by an interview sometimes immidiately, other times on another date. The panels were fair, open minded and tried to make the applicants as comfortable as possible. We offered feedback when asked after the hiring process was over. The culture at King County was one of mutual resect between employees and Manager. I always had an open door policy for my workgroup to vent, ask questions, etc. My expectations were always made clear and I tried to foster an atmosphere of personal accountability from the Supervisors I managed.

Interview Questions

• In my own interview for Transit Chief the question that struck me was "Where do you visualize Metro/King County in 5 years?"   1 Answer

EBS Development Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at King County (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone Call, followed by In-Person/Group Panel Interview with pre-set of questions, then followed by an written test. Interview was average. No Offer has been extended. Hiring Process is lengthy process to screen a person to select for an interview call.