King Soopers Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions

1.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakewood, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at King Soopers in April 2013.

I'd be lying if I said it was hard. All I did was show up for the interview. They said here's the info on the job, and asked if I could do it. It was easy enough.

Interview Questions
  • Honestly, there are too many of these moments to choose from.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for King Soopers

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at King Soopers in June 2011.

The longest process was the online application. The online application is filled with the personality test and also asks questions about your own background and work history.
    I was then called about a week later where I was set up for an interview.
    I attended the interview in business casual.
    I explained my work history. The interviewer asked what I thought Customer Service was, and after giving some guesses of my own, she told me it was basically just smiling and helping the customer with what they needed. I then had to confirm that I would be available any hours of the week before she would turn in the application. I then took a drug test and was told that in two days the results of the drug test and background check should be in and that I would get an answer then. Three days later I received a call saying that I had to come in and take a computer training course and that I would pick up my uniform then. I was never officially told that I got the job, but that was made apparent when I was handed my uniform.

She then asked if there was any upcoming vacations that were coming up for me.

My Advice:
    Just be yourself. They aren't trying to trick you with any trick questions. Answer with what you think is the correct answer.

Interview Questions
    Really wasn't a negotiating process for me. All this is done after your hired. If you need to negotiate time off, you need to talk to the Head Clerk that does the scheduling.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online - interviewed at King Soopers in December 2010.

Process was quick and easy, Secretary was nice, but hardly call it an interview. A brief drug test and only a couple of questions before she said I started next week. A couple of the questions were such as "Do you have any felonies?" "Do you have any emergency-potential health issues?" and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Again, there weren't any difficult questions, simple "Yes or no" types of answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brighton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at King Soopers in June 2009.

The interview is pretty standard, its also when most of the lies occur. They ask a lot of "Tell me about a time when..." questions, and then proceed to tell you about how great it is to work there and so on. They tell you that you can get days off if you request them in advance and that if you are in school that you'll only be scheduled when you tell them you are available. Neither of these things are true.

Interview Questions
    • Just lots of standard "tell me about a time when..." questions. Nothing very difficult.   Answer Question
    Do you accept? Yes/No, no real negotiation

Worked for King Soopers? Contribute to the Community!