King Soopers

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lakewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at King Soopers in April 2013.

Interview Details – I'd be lying if I said it was hard. All I did was show up for the interview. They said here's the info on the job, and asked if I could do it. It was easy enough.

Interview Question – Honestly, there are too many of these moments to choose from.   Answer Question

Brighton, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at King Soopers in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview is pretty standard, its also when most of the lies occur. They ask a lot of "Tell me about a time when..." questions, and then proceed to tell you about how great it is to work there and so on. They tell you that you can get days off if you request them in advance and that if you are in school that you'll only be scheduled when you tell them you are available. Neither of these things are true.

Interview Question – Just lots of standard "tell me about a time when..." questions. Nothing very difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do you accept? Yes/No, no real negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at King Soopers in June 2011.

Interview Details – The longest process was the online application. The online application is filled with the personality test and also asks questions about your own background and work history.
I was then called about a week later where I was set up for an interview.
I attended the interview in business casual.
I explained my work history. The interviewer asked what I thought Customer Service was, and after giving some guesses of my own, she told me it was basically just smiling and helping the customer with what they needed. I then had to confirm that I would be available any hours of the week before she would turn in the application. I then took a drug test and was told that in two days the results of the drug test and background check should be in and that I would get an answer then. Three days later I received a call saying that I had to come in and take a computer training course and that I would pick up my uniform then. I was never officially told that I got the job, but that was made apparent when I was handed my uniform.

She then asked if there was any upcoming vacations that were coming up for me.

My Advice:
Just be yourself. They aren't trying to trick you with any trick questions. Answer with what you think is the correct answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Really wasn't a negotiating process for me. All this is done after your hired. If you need to negotiate time off, you need to talk to the Head Clerk that does the scheduling.

Interviews for Top Jobs at King Soopers

Worked for King Soopers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at King Soopers Courtesy Clerk interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by King Soopers employees and interview candidates.