King Soopers Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

1.9

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at King Soopers (Aurora, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online got called for a interview the following week the interview was very professional , very comfortable lasted about a hour answered my questions alot of information postive experience

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here, why should we hire you ,   Answer Question

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview

Applied in person. Recieved a call a few days layer asking to review my application. When I called back she said "I was actually wanting to see if you could come in and interview today" went in ready to answer questions, but she actually didn't ask me much. She started the interview with the attitude that I was being hired and asked me some questions about experience end availability,then sent me to the bakery for a decorating test.

For the test, they had me decorate two cakes. One chocolate and one vanilla, both with white frosting. One design was partially airbrushed (I had never used on on cake before, but I've used them in art and it's the same principle. Just make sure to point it down rather than at an angle.). The other design featured three different flowers (one that you just squeeze out of a small star top, roses, and pansies. I didn't know how to make the pansies and she showed me how.). Both had shell borders and other design details.

I took about an hour to do both cakes and I was sure I wouldn't get the job. But the bakery lady sent me back upstairs and told HR that I did a great job and that we'll work on speed.

So they sent in my drug test and background check and called me a few days later to come in for my hiring. At that point they set me up to attend two four hour orientation classes at two different stores. Very simple and straightforward.

Produce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO).

Interview

1 interview, possibly to determine if your breathing (because at this point, the turnover rate is ridiculous enough they will hire anyone). You are sent to corporate, which feels like is in the middle of no where, depending where you live i suppose. 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Shelf Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at King Soopers (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call the day after I applied on line. The interview was with 8 other people. I was told that everyone has to start as a bagger, had to answer personality type questions, then had a silly role playing exercise. We took a drug test. The next day I was called and asked if I wanted to be moved up to stock shelves overnight for a dollar more an hour

Interview Questions

• we were divided up in two groups to do a skit on a product the store sold.   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview

The questions were straight forward and fairly easy. It is not a job that takes that much intelligence so not many complex questions. It seems that they just want bodies for a job like that as opposed to any other position in the store.

Interview Questions

• I was asked where I see myself in 5 years or so.   1 Answer

Produce Head Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers.

Interview

I applied online at three locations. Several weeks passed before I was called. I was invited to a hiring event where eight prospective employees sat around a table for a panel interview. Five interviewers were present. Every applicant had to answer the same questions. Some questions were about myself and why I wanted to work for King Soopers. There were four behavioral questions, that is, "tell me about a time when..." The interview lasted about two and a half hours with a fifteen minute break.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision. What happened, what did you do, how did your co-workers react, what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary was much more than I expected! Standard benefits kick in after completing third month.

Floral Department Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview

I applied online and immediately began receiving emails from a careerlink and career rookie. I was being bombarded with every entry job in the area not exclusive to King Soopers (KS). No one ever called me from KS so I called them. Because the KS application process in so awful, so amateurish, and they ask for a SSN, I feared my info had been misused. I called the HR at the Ohio headquarters. After much conversation and her telling me I must have applied to a recruiter, I finally got her to check if I had an active application. I did. Well now, that answers all the questions doesn't it? KS really needs to get their own hiring process and system.

Night Crew Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview

They interviewed me for close to an hour but helped me fill out all of the w4 forms. The lady who interviewed me was nice enough but would not look me in the eyes and it made me very uncomfortable. She kept having to leave the office and ask her coworkers questions

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work for king soopers?"   1 Answer

Intern Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at King Soopers (Lakewood, CO).

Interview

It was very straight forward. They ask you about why Kroger? Basic questions about your pharmacy experience. I went through my school so it was relatively easier.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conifer, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers (Conifer, CO).

Interview

King Soopers takes the time to find good people for each position. Basic math skills and situational math questions using fractions were part of the interview. Professionalism and customer service is stressed as it should be and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Maybe schedule flexibility. Schedules are only posted 1 day to a few days in advance so they are not family friendly especially for part-time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay scales are set and not negotiable as far as I experienced.