King Soopers

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Pharmacist Interview

Lakewood, CO

I applied through college or university and interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview Details – It was very straight forward. They ask you about why Kroger? Basic questions about your pharmacy experience. I went through my school so it was relatively easier.

Interview Question – Leadership questions threw me off a bit!   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Conifer, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview Details – King Soopers takes the time to find good people for each position. Basic math skills and situational math questions using fractions were part of the interview. Professionalism and customer service is stressed as it should be and appreciated.

Interview Question – Maybe schedule flexibility. Schedules are only posted 1 day to a few days in advance so they are not family friendly especially for part-time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay scales are set and not negotiable as far as I experienced.

Cake Decorator Interview

Cake Decorator
Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at King Soopers in August 2013.

Interview Details – I simply applied online and got a call back the day after. I went in, answered easy questions, did a mouth swab, and agreed to submit a background check. Four days later I was hired and working.

Interview Question – Would you rather work in the Bakery or Deli? Bakery obviously.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Started at 9.10 even though I knew I could perform the job functions well. Ten dollars is what everyone stated I should get with my artistic ability, but it was declined. I accepted the offer anyways only to learn the job in less than a week and was the official full-timer within that time as well.

Grocery Night Clerk Interview

Grocery Night Clerk
Littleton, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at King Soopers in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was well organized and professional.

Interview Question – Give me an example....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She said my work ethic made her feel comfortable putting me in a stocking position.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Courtesy Clerk
Lakewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at King Soopers in April 2013.

Interview Details – I'd be lying if I said it was hard. All I did was show up for the interview. They said here's the info on the job, and asked if I could do it. It was easy enough.

Interview Question – Honestly, there are too many of these moments to choose from.   Answer Question

Head Clerk Interview

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at King Soopers in April 2009.

Interview Details – Horrible Application process: timed, repeated questions, to much personal info they do not need to know.
Drug test was mouth swab in office at time of interview
Additional training tests administered to see what you know about the business possibly right after interview
30 day probationary period can be extended to 45 days
may ask information about application if there is different response to the same question
mostly general questions you would expect at an interview otherwise

Bakery Clerk Interview

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at King Soopers in May 2013.

Interview Details – Job interview was a job fair. Signed up via telephone and scheduled a time. Lumped in with the pack. Took the drug test, proved my identity, answered a few questions about why I wanted the job and I was hired.

Interview Question – Had to explain a 12 month gap in employment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Bakery Clerk Interview

Bakery Clerk
Lakewood, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at King Soopers in March 2013.

Interview Details – If your applicatoin pulls up when they search with criteria to narrow it down they call. from that point it was all very professional but relaxed to me. I could be me without fear and spoke with the secretary about experiences as a conversation not as a rehearsed speech.

Interview Question – any questions that I had to answer about a time that was difficult for me   Answer Question

Head Clerk Interview

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at King Soopers in October 2009.

Interview Details – super easy anyone can do it

Interview Question – how to increase gross profit   Answer Question

Gm Clerk Interview

Gm Clerk
Lakewood, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at King Soopers in January 2012.

Interview Details – the interview is in the break room with employees talking a bout how much they hate working their or their manager. the store secretary asks questions about your availability and tells you about the job then if you agree to work what ever hours they need you then u are hired.

Interview Question – for most it seems passing the drug test. its oral. right after the interview if they are going to hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – its union so you get what ever they offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at King Soopers

Worked for King Soopers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at King Soopers interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by King Soopers employees and interview candidates.