King Soopers Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014

1.9

Produce Head Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers.

I applied online at three locations. Several weeks passed before I was called. I was invited to a hiring event where eight prospective employees sat around a table for a panel interview. Five interviewers were present. Every applicant had to answer the same questions. Some questions were about myself and why I wanted to work for King Soopers. There were four behavioral questions, that is, "tell me about a time when..." The interview lasted about two and a half hours with a fifteen minute break.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision. What happened, what did you do, how did your co-workers react, what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The salary was much more than I expected! Standard benefits kick in after completing third month.

Floral Department Interview

I applied online – interviewed at King Soopers.

I applied online and immediately began receiving emails from a careerlink and career rookie. I was being bombarded with every entry job in the area not exclusive to King Soopers (KS). No one ever called me from KS so I called them. Because the KS application process in so awful, so amateurish, and they ask for a SSN, I feared my info had been misused. I called the HR at the Ohio headquarters. After much conversation and her telling me I must have applied to a recruiter, I finally got her to check if I had an active application. I did. Well now, that answers all the questions doesn't it? KS really needs to get their own hiring process and system.

Night Crew Interview

I applied online – interviewed at King Soopers.

They interviewed me for close to an hour but helped me fill out all of the w4 forms. The lady who interviewed me was nice enough but would not look me in the eyes and it made me very uncomfortable. She kept having to leave the office and ask her coworkers questions

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work for king soopers?"   View Answer

Intern Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at King Soopers.

It was very straight forward. They ask you about why Kroger? Basic questions about your pharmacy experience. I went through my school so it was relatively easier.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conifer, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conifer, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers.

King Soopers takes the time to find good people for each position. Basic math skills and situational math questions using fractions were part of the interview. Professionalism and customer service is stressed as it should be and appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe schedule flexibility. Schedules are only posted 1 day to a few days in advance so they are not family friendly especially for part-time.   View Answer
    Pay scales are set and not negotiable as far as I experienced.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers in April 2014.

I have one interview and she was very nice, quit a shock when I started and met the Store Manager. Very snotty and ignorant as to what we are trained on.

There really wasnt one.

Nutrition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers in March 2014.

I was contacted by one of their recruiters by the name of Tiffany Harris! She was amazing from the start! She originally called to inform me I was a candidate for the position I had applied for 8 times from Nov. 2013 to March 2014. She offered me several days and times to do an interview with her. I chose a Monday (she called me the Friday prior)and the time was 10:00 am in the morning.
    My interview was 2.0 hours and because I have an extensive background in health, fitness, wellness and nutrition, my interview consisted of covering topics in the nutrition industry! Tiffany would ask me questions regarding vitamins, supplements, fads, trends, dangerous practices in the nutrition industry, food sensitivities, gluten free, celiac disease, homeopathy, food knowledge, exercise, antioxidants, etc. When she was satisfied with our interview, she said " I have never interviewed anyone so on fire and enthusiastic about this industry"! I would like to offer you this job(to start it was part-time!). I accepted but had some situations I was concerned might be a problem and wanted to ask out front if they were or not! One my son had been deployed and was returning in 3 weeks and I was flying out to see him and my granddaughter for her 1st birthday. (I had bought the tickets in advance) and I am a massage therapist and had a part-time massage therapy job at a spa. To everything I asked she said this is not an issue and she encouraged me on the visit to see my military son and of course my grand baby! To my part time work she explained that if my King Soopers job was part time of course it would be expected I'd need another job! Also she said she would tell my new Store manager about my need to be gone 4-5 days to see my family and all was good!!
    I was in heaven excited! My dream job came true!!

Interview Questions
    • NONE! I was comfortable with ALL questions!   View Answer
    I worked out day's off (from my spa job}to facilitate my attending all paid training's 2.5 weeks. I submitted certificates of training's related to my new job and contacted my former Natural grocery store job to confirm my nutrition training's and experience to upgrade the pay scale for the position I was offered.

Grocery Night Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at King Soopers.

My interview is long outdated, however the current process is not too much different. Fill out an application online or in store. Store administrative assistant calls you and schedules an interview, assuming your admitted criminal history does not have any peculiar items. The job is all but guaranteed, as the turnover is typically very high. Basic questions about work ethic, a few vignettes to assess problem solving ability. After the interview comes the background check. So long as there is no drunk driving, domestic violence or felonies and the drug test is passed then the job is yours.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Everything is very basic and job related. Just be able to demonstrate a high level of customer service.   Answer Question
    no negotiations, you kthey pay when you sign up.

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at King Soopers in August 2013.

I simply applied online and got a call back the day after. I went in, answered easy questions, did a mouth swab, and agreed to submit a background check. Four days later I was hired and working.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather work in the Bakery or Deli? Bakery obviously.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Started at 9.10 even though I knew I could perform the job functions well. Ten dollars is what everyone stated I should get with my artistic ability, but it was declined. I accepted the offer anyways only to learn the job in less than a week and was the official full-timer within that time as well.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at King Soopers in May 2013.

Job interview was a job fair. Signed up via telephone and scheduled a time. Lumped in with the pack. Took the drug test, proved my identity, answered a few questions about why I wanted the job and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Had to explain a 12 month gap in employment.   View Answer
    None