King Soopers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.0

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Group interview format with a few HR people and 8 other store applicants in a conference room. I applied online, but hiring is handled by store level HR people. The corporate call center scheduled my interview and didn't give me much information about the interview format. A Group Interview is VASTLY different than a traditional panel or one-on-one interview. I spent two hours at the store. They made us wait in the break room and reviewed how we interacted. Then they spent 30 to 45 minutes total DURING the interview discussing us between group interview questions. They HR people were observing how we handled downtime, how we interacted, and if we got stressed out by waiting around being judged, or even if someone took a potty break or got water. In 20 years of working since high school, I've never had an interview format quite like this. I felt the call center should've explained the group interview format. People were judged as a group, how they handled stress, and who was more bubbly or outspoken. Many people hadn't worked in a long time, or were in high school or college, or going through a career transition. This was the interview format for a $9 an hour job.

Interview Questions

• GROUP INTERVIEW with several other store applicants. All questions were answered in front of 10 other people. Round 1: Group Introduction We had to fill out an applicant card with name, position applying, availability, and general questions about self and experience. We had to introduce ourselves to the group. Pick one word to describe yourself. Then HR exited room to discuss candidates while we waited, round 1. Then HR discussed us while we waited and observed how we interacted as a group. Round 2: Product Commercial What do you know about the store or brand. What is your favorite product. This became a mock commercial performed in front of a group of 10 people selling a store brand or feature. Then HR exited room to discuss candidates while we waited, round 2. Then HR discussed us while we waited and observed how we interacted as a group. Many nervous people mentioned personal information you shouldn't mention in an interview, such as marital status, disability status, if a parent or not, financial status, education level. These are facts that shouldn't be mentioned in a group interview! People let this information slip because they were nervous or not very experienced with interviews. I feel this only served as a way for HR to weed people out. Several of us in the group were going through a career change. They later told me I didn't have the desired experience, which is bunk because I've worked several stressful sales, customer service, and retail jobs. Round 3: Group Questions with numbered cards. How do you handle change? Tell me about a bad customer service experience. Tell me about a time you handled conflict with a co-worker. What is your experience related to the position you're applying for. Then HR exited room to discuss candidates while we waited, round 3. Then HR discussed us while we waited and observed how we interacted as a group. Round 4: Applicants are divided individually this time and paired directly with an HR person to discuss desired position, availability, and an private matters. The HR person asked if there's anything else they need to know. What does that even mean? I was asked did I like the interview process or not? I felt like my head was being messed with the entire interview process.   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at King Soopers (Cheyenne, WY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Asked questions about myself and if I had experience. The hiring process was long but it is worth the wait. Overall I felt welcome by the interviewer. She was nice, courteous and called me to let me know the status of the entire process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a co-worker who did not complete their job duties? Has there been a time where you had to handle difficult people? If you have had a time please discuss the issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Cart Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at King Soopers in February 2008.

Interview

it was very awkward and weird. they asked many different questions about what i was like and my ambitions and why i should be hired at this location. It was also very easy and hard at the same time. i dressed up but they didnt seem to like it. maybe it is more casual.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at King Soopers in July 2008.

Interview

Interview with store secretary

Interview Questions

• basic questions, mouth swab test at interview, most questions based on giving great service   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers (Lakewood, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

If your applicatoin pulls up when they search with criteria to narrow it down they call. from that point it was all very professional but relaxed to me. I could be me without fear and spoke with the secretary about experiences as a conversation not as a rehearsed speech.

Interview Questions

• any questions that I had to answer about a time that was difficult for me   Answer Question

Homeshopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in June 2008.

Interview

Was called by Store secretary after submitting resume online. Was told that they are looking for a Shopper & Delivery Driver and no previous experience was fine. Was told that the job is fast paced & requires that you can lift a min of 50 lbs. The shopper part requires that you are able to manage 2 to 5 or more grocery lists of the Home Shop customers, be accurate in getting exactly what they want, to know where that product is located in the store, & complete each order as quickly as possible. The delivery part requires that you drive a delivery truck & deliver the ordered products to the customers, process payment with a handheld computer, have good knowledge of the city streets or be able to use GPS, & have a good driving record.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work all day on your feet?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, just do you want it?

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was impressed with the interview. They asked me a lot of questions, went into depth about my skills, people skills, everything. More than any other interview has done. The total interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate anything.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers (London, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

telephone interview

Head Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in April 2009.

Interview

Horrible Application process: timed, repeated questions, to much personal info they do not need to know. Drug test was mouth swab in office at time of interview Additional training tests administered to see what you know about the business possibly right after interview 30 day probationary period can be extended to 45 days may ask information about application if there is different response to the same question mostly general questions you would expect at an interview otherwise

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conifer, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers (Conifer, CO).

Interview

King Soopers takes the time to find good people for each position. Basic math skills and situational math questions using fractions were part of the interview. Professionalism and customer service is stressed as it should be and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Maybe schedule flexibility. Schedules are only posted 1 day to a few days in advance so they are not family friendly especially for part-time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay scales are set and not negotiable as far as I experienced.