King Soopers

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014

1.9

Cart Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at King Soopers in February 2008.

it was very awkward and weird. they asked many different questions about what i was like and my ambitions and why i should be hired at this location. It was also very easy and hard at the same time. i dressed up but they didnt seem to like it. maybe it is more casual.

Bakery Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at King Soopers in July 2008.

Interview with store secretary

Interview Questions
    • basic questions, mouth swab test at interview, most questions based on giving great service   Answer Question
    none

Homeshopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at King Soopers in June 2008.

Was called by Store secretary after submitting resume online. Was told that they are looking for a Shopper & Delivery Driver and no previous experience was fine. Was told that the job is fast paced & requires that you can lift a min of 50 lbs. The shopper part requires that you are able to manage 2 to 5 or more grocery lists of the Home Shop customers, be accurate in getting exactly what they want, to know where that product is located in the store, & complete each order as quickly as possible. The delivery part requires that you drive a delivery truck & deliver the ordered products to the customers, process payment with a handheld computer, have good knowledge of the city streets or be able to use GPS, & have a good driving record.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to work all day on your feet?   View Answer
    No negotiation, just do you want it?

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers.

I was impressed with the interview. They asked me a lot of questions, went into depth about my skills, people skills, everything. More than any other interview has done. The total interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate anything.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers in March 2013.

If your applicatoin pulls up when they search with criteria to narrow it down they call. from that point it was all very professional but relaxed to me. I could be me without fear and spoke with the secretary about experiences as a conversation not as a rehearsed speech.

Interview Questions
    • any questions that I had to answer about a time that was difficult for me   Answer Question

Head Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at King Soopers in April 2009.

Horrible Application process: timed, repeated questions, to much personal info they do not need to know.
    Drug test was mouth swab in office at time of interview
    Additional training tests administered to see what you know about the business possibly right after interview
    30 day probationary period can be extended to 45 days
    may ask information about application if there is different response to the same question
    mostly general questions you would expect at an interview otherwise

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers in April 2012.

telephone interview

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conifer, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conifer, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers.

King Soopers takes the time to find good people for each position. Basic math skills and situational math questions using fractions were part of the interview. Professionalism and customer service is stressed as it should be and appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe schedule flexibility. Schedules are only posted 1 day to a few days in advance so they are not family friendly especially for part-time.   View Answer
    Pay scales are set and not negotiable as far as I experienced.

Nutrition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers in March 2014.

I was contacted by one of their recruiters by the name of Tiffany Harris! She was amazing from the start! She originally called to inform me I was a candidate for the position I had applied for 8 times from Nov. 2013 to March 2014. She offered me several days and times to do an interview with her. I chose a Monday (she called me the Friday prior)and the time was 10:00 am in the morning.
    My interview was 2.0 hours and because I have an extensive background in health, fitness, wellness and nutrition, my interview consisted of covering topics in the nutrition industry! Tiffany would ask me questions regarding vitamins, supplements, fads, trends, dangerous practices in the nutrition industry, food sensitivities, gluten free, celiac disease, homeopathy, food knowledge, exercise, antioxidants, etc. When she was satisfied with our interview, she said " I have never interviewed anyone so on fire and enthusiastic about this industry"! I would like to offer you this job(to start it was part-time!). I accepted but had some situations I was concerned might be a problem and wanted to ask out front if they were or not! One my son had been deployed and was returning in 3 weeks and I was flying out to see him and my granddaughter for her 1st birthday. (I had bought the tickets in advance) and I am a massage therapist and had a part-time massage therapy job at a spa. To everything I asked she said this is not an issue and she encouraged me on the visit to see my military son and of course my grand baby! To my part time work she explained that if my King Soopers job was part time of course it would be expected I'd need another job! Also she said she would tell my new Store manager about my need to be gone 4-5 days to see my family and all was good!!
    I was in heaven excited! My dream job came true!!

Interview Questions
    • NONE! I was comfortable with ALL questions!   View Answer
    I worked out day's off (from my spa job}to facilitate my attending all paid training's 2.5 weeks. I submitted certificates of training's related to my new job and contacted my former Natural grocery store job to confirm my nutrition training's and experience to upgrade the pay scale for the position I was offered.

Checker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at King Soopers in April 2009.

Filled out the online application then called in a few days later set up the interview, took the drug test and started training, within one week.

None