King Soopers Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014

1.9

Grocery Night Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at King Soopers.

My interview is long outdated, however the current process is not too much different. Fill out an application online or in store. Store administrative assistant calls you and schedules an interview, assuming your admitted criminal history does not have any peculiar items. The job is all but guaranteed, as the turnover is typically very high. Basic questions about work ethic, a few vignettes to assess problem solving ability. After the interview comes the background check. So long as there is no drunk driving, domestic violence or felonies and the drug test is passed then the job is yours.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Everything is very basic and job related. Just be able to demonstrate a high level of customer service.   Answer Question
    no negotiations, you kthey pay when you sign up.

Intern Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at King Soopers.

It was very straight forward. They ask you about why Kroger? Basic questions about your pharmacy experience. I went through my school so it was relatively easier.

Floral Department Interview

I applied online – interviewed at King Soopers.

I applied online and immediately began receiving emails from a careerlink and career rookie. I was being bombarded with every entry job in the area not exclusive to King Soopers (KS). No one ever called me from KS so I called them. Because the KS application process in so awful, so amateurish, and they ask for a SSN, I feared my info had been misused. I called the HR at the Ohio headquarters. After much conversation and her telling me I must have applied to a recruiter, I finally got her to check if I had an active application. I did. Well now, that answers all the questions doesn't it? KS really needs to get their own hiring process and system.

Produce Head Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers.

I applied online at three locations. Several weeks passed before I was called. I was invited to a hiring event where eight prospective employees sat around a table for a panel interview. Five interviewers were present. Every applicant had to answer the same questions. Some questions were about myself and why I wanted to work for King Soopers. There were four behavioral questions, that is, "tell me about a time when..." The interview lasted about two and a half hours with a fifteen minute break.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision. What happened, what did you do, how did your co-workers react, what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The salary was much more than I expected! Standard benefits kick in after completing third month.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers in September 2010.

Easy. Asked general questions, nothing too difficult. Asked where would like to work I said Id work Starbucks if possible. HR was very nice and inviting.Called me back same day and offered me the job.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at King Soopers in December 2010.

Process was quick and easy, Secretary was nice, but hardly call it an interview. A brief drug test and only a couple of questions before she said I started next week. A couple of the questions were such as "Do you have any felonies?" "Do you have any emergency-potential health issues?" and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Again, there weren't any difficult questions, simple "Yes or no" types of answers.   Answer Question

Night Crew Interview

I applied online – interviewed at King Soopers.

They interviewed me for close to an hour but helped me fill out all of the w4 forms. The lady who interviewed me was nice enough but would not look me in the eyes and it made me very uncomfortable. She kept having to leave the office and ask her coworkers questions

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work for king soopers?"   View Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers in April 2014.

I have one interview and she was very nice, quit a shock when I started and met the Store Manager. Very snotty and ignorant as to what we are trained on.

There really wasnt one.

GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at King Soopers in January 2012.

the interview is in the break room with employees talking a bout how much they hate working their or their manager. the store secretary asks questions about your availability and tells you about the job then if you agree to work what ever hours they need you then u are hired.

Interview Questions
    • for most it seems passing the drug test. its oral. right after the interview if they are going to hire you.   Answer Question
    its union so you get what ever they offer

Head Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at King Soopers in October 2009.

super easy anyone can do it