King Soopers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.0

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers (Fort Collins, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

The manager was very disorganized, and she had half the papers for me, and half from a different interview. She had to stop and print the correct paper work for me. She told me that she was running out of time and was going to hurry the interview and rush me on my answers, but still expect me to answer every answer with the best answer I could give, but she often ended up cutting me off of each question. She told me that she only had 25 minutes to do this, and ended up taking over an hour... I was told that she would love to hire me, but she doesn't like that I am a student in college. She said they necessarily don't hate students, but she would always hire a non student over me (a student due to availability issues, even though I was available every day after 12:30pm and some days after 10am). However she said she loved me and wanted to hire me, so she was going to hire me, but just wasn't sure when i can start since i start school in a month. She didn't want me to change my availability and asked if I could change my school schedule around or take different classes so I could work more during the school year. Overall, I finally got hired, but I am not taking the position due to the fact of how I felt during the interview. I was actually very surprised at how difficult some questions were, but was able to answer them all, and she commented on how great I answered these questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle busy situations, and how do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Curtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at King Soopers.

Interview

Got call after 3 weeks from applying. Easy and quick for first time job. It was one on one interview and was called in by her because of referal. The interviewer was pretty nice which helped calm my nerves, thats a possitive thing.

Interview Questions

• Senario questions, will adjust the senario depending on if you had previous job or not. "Have you ever experienced bad customer service?"   Answer Question

APC- All Purpose Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at King Soopers (Littleton, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

It was really simple. I came in, she asked the typical 'tell me about yourself'. Asked me what I knew about the company (DO YOUR RESEARCH. I remembered one line from Wikipedia and she was shocked and impressed). Just smile and make eye-contact, you'll be fine. She was really laid back. She told me it'd be after I was officially offered the job I'd take the drug test (saliva swab, intercept brand) and have my background check done.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • What's one word you'd use to describe yourself?   1 Answer
    • What's a situation where you had to make the right decision, even though it wasn't a popular one?   Answer Question
    • What's a time when you experienced poor customer service?   Answer Question
    • What would you do in the situation where you and a coworker accidentally laughed at a customer's legitimate request? (question asked following my explanation of a time when I had poor customer service)   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at King Soopers (Cheyenne, WY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Asked questions about myself and if I had experience. The hiring process was long but it is worth the wait. Overall I felt welcome by the interviewer. She was nice, courteous and called me to let me know the status of the entire process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a co-worker who did not complete their job duties? Has there been a time where you had to handle difficult people? If you have had a time please discuss the issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked to take a math test and typing test first thing. I missed one question and was immediately disqualified. Interviewer asked if I was interested in any other positions and started to rattle off a number of positions, none of which I was interested in, and then proceeded to talk about the union for 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• She didn't really ask me questions. She was more concerned about telling me about the union. She was very dry and not overly friendly.   Answer Question

Service Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at King Soopers in July 2014.

Interview

Job Fair Interview- met with store secretary, one HR rep from another store, and third HR rep from corporate. Group interview where we were asked questions and had to answer in front of the rest of the group. We were split into two groups to role play a product or service that Kings offered. After the 3 ladies were satisfied we were brought over individually to discuss hours, position description and complete a drug test. Dependent upon results of the drug test and other background check(s) we would receive a call at a later date to start. (Side note: they promise that they can offer you flexibility with hours, but in actuality the schedule is seniority based, so you have little to no flexibility in that).

Interview Questions

• Asked questions related to Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Diversity, Safety and Inclusion (which are the values of the organization). Give an example of when you chose to do the right thing although it was not the popular opinion of co-workers? What is diversity to you? Tell us about a difficult time when you had to be honest. Why was it difficult? Tell us about a time when someone disrespected you? How did you handle the situation? What is your favorite product or service that King Soopers offers and why?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at King Soopers (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was pretty friendly and the process went okay, stammered on some answers since I had no previous experience and did an oral drug test right afterward. Mostly what they're looking for is someone that's making sure they have a lasting impression as customers leave a store.

Interview Questions

• She skipped questions that usually ask what my previous job was since this was my first job and gave me a few different scenarios as a customer on what I think I would most like from someone in this position   Answer Question

Bakery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at King Soopers (Loveland, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

I got a call within the week, and scheduled an interview very quickly. Went up to the HR offices, and interviewed with the stores HR rep. She was very friendly. She asked a few questions about my knowledge of bakery equipment and baked goods. I took a questionnaire about customer service. A swab drug test. And I was offered a job when the test came back clean.

Interview Questions

• Bakery equipment experience, baked goods knowledge, customer service questions, situation questions. Pretty simple.   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at King Soopers (Fort Collins, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview was basically can you do these tasks? Okay, you're hired. I was hired at a career fair so this may have been a cause for the ease in the hiring process. Each store secretary may conduct there interviews differently so this may not be the same process you would go through for a similar position.

Interview Questions

• Can you do the following tasks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation since the company is dictated by union contracts.

Service Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at King Soopers (Arvada, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. Turnover rate is so high they probably just want to make sure you're breathing. My nerves were a little on edge, but the woman conducting the interview was really nice and tried to calm them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • An anger customer comes in, and they're being difficult. How do you handle the situation?   1 Answer