King & Spalding

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Attorney Interview

Project Attorney
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at King & Spalding in May 2012.

Interview Details – Job position was posted on law school's job board online. After submitting the online application I was contacted via phone or email and asked to come in to interview in Atlanta. Hundreds of applicants for maybe a dozen or so positions. I was told the firm would contact me letting me know if I had a job offer or not within two weeks. Two months went by without hearing from the firm. After two months a secretary called and asked if I was still interested in the job and if I could begin working in a week.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over the hundreds of others who have applied for the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The law firm offered a position at a set salary and I could accept or reject their offer.

Project Assistant Interview

Project Assistant

Interviewed at King & Spalding

Interview Details – After applying online I heard back two weeks later to come in for an interview. The interview lasted a couple hours. I was interviewed by 7 people who came in one after the other. They asked me to describe myself and relevant experience. It was very relaxed and I felt comfortable asking lots of questions.

Interview Question – Why am I not working for the CIA   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I interviewed at King & Spalding in September 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was relatively efficient. Went onsite once. The questions were typical interview questions, technical questions were normal as well. Got offer in a few days.

Interview Question – There is no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to ask for a little more.

Project Assistant Interview

Project Assistant
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at King & Spalding in November 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online for a position in a California office and was contacted via email within a few days by someone in their Houston office to set up an initial phone interview. The phone interview was very easy; it lasted about 10 minutes and mostly consisted of questions regarding my resume, work experience and schooling. The interviewer was very pleasant and let me know that they were still in the process of defining the position, the definition of which would determine the likelihood of my progression in the hiring process. About a week later, I received an email from the interviewer saying they needed someone with more experience, so I would not be needed. The next day, I got an email from the hiring manager in the California office asking to set up an in-person interview. Clearly there was some sort of lack of communication going on within the firm.

This impression was confirmed during my in-person interview a few days later. The hiring manager was very friendly and we talked for about half an hour. She asked more questions about my work experience and told me more about the firm. She tried hard to impress upon me the utter boredom of the job and the extreme number of overtime hours that would be expected, should I be hired. She also stressed that there was a regrettable lack of efficiency in the upper levels of the firm and a lot of unnecessary bureaucratic red tape, as something of an explanation for the conflicting messages I received regarding the in-person interview. I appreciated her honesty but wondered if she was trying to warn me away tacitly.

After speaking with the hiring manager, I was led to an empty office room to talk with the paralegal who would directly supervise the position for which I was interviewing. She was nice but completely unprepared and asked me awkward situational questions about workplace scenarios for about 20-25 minutes. Then she left me in the room and two of the lawyers came to speak with me for a little bit. The first lawyer was more experienced in the business, and, like the hiring manager, did his part to ensure that I was aware of the utter boredom and monotony of being a Project Assistant, but also the importance of all the boring little things one would have to do. The second lawyer was quite young and just looked at my resume and asked me about my most exciting job experience, and told me he would put a word in for me if anyone asked him. After that, he walked me over to the paralegal's office so she could take me back to the hiring manager, who concluded the interview and showed me out.

Interview Question – "Say that you were working on a project and had a deadline you *had* to make. But a coworker approached you needing help on a project of their own, and helping them would definitely mean you missed your own deadline. So you help them, and miss your deadline. What do you do?"   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at King & Spalding.

Interview Details – Did an on campus interview. They asked me questions about my resume mostly and about myself- like what I like to do in my free time. He also asked why his firm. Interview probably took 20 minutes. There were no legal type questions. The interviewer was very nice, but I could tell I was not going to get a call back from his demeanor.

Interview Question – Your favorite sport   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Attorney Interview

Project Attorney

The process took 4 days - interviewed at King & Spalding in February 2009.

Interview Details – More of a meet and greet than an interview, they were not picky.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for King & Spalding? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at King & Spalding interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by King & Spalding employees and interview candidates.