King's College London Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

Department Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at King's College London (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application form, then invited to an interview. The interview was with a panel of three people, quite informal, one interviewer was slumped in a chair. The scenario written test at the end was disorganised, two questions posed both of which were different on the printed sheet and on the online system.

Interview Questions

• -Why are you interested in the role/department
      -Written scenario test

Answer Question

Post Doctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at King's College London (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I would recommend using the King's College Job email alert service as this is an easy way to see all vacancies. The application process is relatively straight forward and easy to navigate. I was recently invited to interview for the position of Post Doctoral research worker and told who would be on the interview panel.
    On the day of the interview I was greeted on arrival and shown to a waiting area. I was then shown to the meeting room where the interview would take place. I was then given a brief description of the role as stipulated on the job description. Each panel member then took turns to ask me questions about my background (things I had mentioned on my C.V/application form), technical competency and a few questions on what I know about their research.

Interview Questions

• Are there any new developments or findings about the mechanisms of axonal growth that you can tell me about?   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at King's College London.

Interview

Application online, CV and cover letter. Invited for interview. About 30 to 40 mins interview. Questions on aspects of clinical trials. what to take into consideration in designing one. Other general statistics questions on how to interpret estimates such as odds ratios were asked. One particular question on how to handle a client who asks a difficult or tricky question during a consultation.

Research Associate Interview

Interview

I didn't have to go through an interview process as my lab had moved from University of Cambridge. I really think interview process can be extremely variable as it will rely on your potential principal investigator preferences as he will be the one paying your salary. In the case of PhD students candidates, getting a position will depend on the year's budget. Interviews are quite relaxed, I would say.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at King's College London.

Interview

Usually is a one stage interview with a panel including the PI and the head of the department. Generall they would ask you to present your previous work/research

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

International Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at King's College London (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Once they review your application, they send you an email with several options, indicating available date and time interview slots. At the interview, you and 4 other applicants will be assessed by 2 members of the Marketing team. At the interview I was asked to discuss my experience of studying at KCL and discuss in group how Ambassadors would deal with a question about potential crime on KCL campuses.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the extra-curricular activities at King's?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at King's College London (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

The job was posted in a monthly careers bulletin sent out to the KCL students. It required me to send in a CV and a short cover letter. From this point the recruitment process took only a week. We arranged a Skype interview with the professor who was supervising the project and I was offered a job on the next day.

Interview Questions

• The questions in the interview were not hard. They were general. The most important part of the interview was a description of past projects I worked on and my view on approaching the project related to the job offer.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Interview

interview n written test

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at King's College London in March 2010.

Interview

I would have to say it was an alright interview, but a little too intense for a research job. It consisted of a 30 minute computer competency test in which someone was there in the room timing you and watching you as you completed tasks from this paper that were very confusing. Then, I had to take another test in front of the interview panel directly after showing my phone competency skills to deal with participants. A major pain for the fact that it was research related. I think I was thrown off for the rest of the interview because of all the tests. I think I did well but I didn't get the job after all. I already had a job for the University of London and the interview was quick and painless. This interview was just more intense than it needed to be. My advice is to NOT apply for the Institute of Psychiatry unless you want some people who are too serious about their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Essentially I had to describe what I would do EN VIVO (part of the telephone test/question) about what I would do if a participant responded negatively to a question or did not what to do it and how would you persuade them without pressure.   Answer Question

Student Union Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at King's College London in November 2009.

Interview

First of all, you are required to print out and fill in a form with all your details. Including higher education background, high school, grades, strengths and personalities.

They then decide if you are of a suitable standard to work for the union. If you are then you will get through to the next round which is interview.

After the interview, they will tell you the outcome

Interview Questions

• Would you apply for this position if it was an unpaid job.   1 Answer