King's College London

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at King's College London in March 2010.

Interview Details – I would have to say it was an alright interview, but a little too intense for a research job. It consisted of a 30 minute computer competency test in which someone was there in the room timing you and watching you as you completed tasks from this paper that were very confusing. Then, I had to take another test in front of the interview panel directly after showing my phone competency skills to deal with participants. A major pain for the fact that it was research related. I think I was thrown off for the rest of the interview because of all the tests. I think I did well but I didn't get the job after all. I already had a job for the University of London and the interview was quick and painless. This interview was just more intense than it needed to be. My advice is to NOT apply for the Institute of Psychiatry unless you want some people who are too serious about their jobs.

Interview Question – Essentially I had to describe what I would do EN VIVO (part of the telephone test/question) about what I would do if a participant responded negatively to a question or did not what to do it and how would you persuade them without pressure.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for King's College London? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at King's College London Research Assistant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by King's College London employees and interview candidates.