Kings Island Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015

1.5

Train Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kings Island in February 2015.

I applied online and was contacted within a few weeks. I was called in for an interview at the HR building just to the right of the main park entrance. The interview is 1 on 1 and the person I had was very nice! They ask very simple questions about why you want to do the position you applied for, etc. At the end of the interview, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a (position you applied for)?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation you were in and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Food Carts Interview

I sent in an e-mail and very quickly was invited in for an interview. The place was packed because Kings Island hires so many people. I was the best dressed interviewee by wearing a tie and no jeans. They interview in groups then have you take a basic math test to show you can work as a cashier. I thought the questions were extremely simple.

Interview Questions
    • standard questions. be prepared to give examples from group projects or previous employment   Answer Question
    They had an already typed out offer for me and the other person interviewing when we sat down. He didn't show us until after questions though

Supervisor Interview

one on one interview with full time manager,

Assistant Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kings Island in February 2010.

I received a phone call saying that I had been offered an interview. You have to have been previously employed by the Rides Department at Kings Island. The interview is in person with one full-timer and one Area supervisor.

No negotiation.

Rides Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Kings Island in March 2009.

You first apply through the Cedar Fair jobnet website, then wait for an email to schedule your interview. Once you get the email the jobnet page becomes interactive so you can pick a time to interview. The interview is very simple, just basics on who you are and what your job history has been and they usually ask what dept you're interested in and why. After the interview, you schedule for paperwork processing which is a long and tedious process. About 15 pages of paperwork has to be filled out online and then printed, along with 2 forms of ID and you have to pass a drug screen same day, finally take your picture for ID and get your uniform. If done efficiently, the process takes about 2 hours. If you're a new employee you then have to go to park orientation and your specific location training to be ready to start the season.

Interview Questions
    • They sometimes ask to do a ride spiel, which, if you're uncomfortable speaking in front of people would be quite terrifying especially during an interview.   View Answer
    What ride would you like to work?

Park Services Restroom Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kings Island in February 2009.

interview is really easy ask you few questions about school and why you wanna work in this department

Interview Questions
    gave me starting salary and accepted it , you move up in rant lowest pay is 8 and goes to like 875, get promted its 10-1050 hour

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kings Island in January 2009.

The interview is really good. The interviewers and the staff are really friendly (you just have to be since you actually work inside the theme park and have face-to-face interactions with the customers). A lot of the questions are situation interviews so you just have to make it clear about the situation, the issue, how did you implement solutions and the outcome.

Interview Questions
    There is not much room for negotiation