Kinnser Software Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.9

Senior Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online after reaching out to one of Kinnser's recruiters. I had previously applied for a position with Kinnser almost a year earlier that did not work out, but I kept Kinnser on my "short list" of companies worth watching. The screening for this position was: 1. 30-minute phone call with recruiter 2. 30-minute phone screening with hiring manager 3. On-site interview with 5 people. They were the hiring manager plus managers in other departments for whom the person in this role would interface with on a regular basis. Time from 1st phone screen w/recruiter to on-site was about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Standard PAR and SAR methodology. I'll say the only negative comment I have is that IMHO, the interviewers should provide a thorough explanation of the role and responsibilities of an open position prior to grilling the interviewee. This is a problem that I find in many companies' interview process. It's difficult for an interviewee to perform their best when they are not 100% clear on the role they are interviewing for. To their credit, Kinnser's recruiter tried to give me as much info as he could prior to the hiring manager and on-site interviews, but his knowledge on the details of the position were limited. I also got the impression that this role was still being ironed out internally within the company, and it was a new role in a new business area. Take my comment with a grain of proverbial salt; the company was likely still figuring out the role during the interview process. This was also an area where the company was sensitive to potential competition, and I was already working in a role with another firm that is not a direct competitor but is in a similar space. This portion of the healthcare industry is currently in the midst of a fair amount of upheaval as it struggles to re-invent itself to meet new regulatory requirements. When you add all this together, it put the interviewers in a tough position walking a fine line with regards to details they could confide to me (also note, I was not asked to sign a NDA).   Answer Question
    • What are your overall thoughts and impressions about this company?   1 Answer
    • Would you recommend this company to a friend?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Kinnser Software in May 2015.

Interview

Applied, was called by HR a couple of days later for a phone interview. Had a phone interview the next week with a Hiring manager that went well. Had an interview with a group of people the following week and was told after that I was not selected.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviewed with several people at one time and also over the telephone. Internal philosophy is management hired only people they like. Thats great if everyone is experienced but to hire someone because you like them or don't because they don't is questionable

Director of Implementation Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process at Kinnser Software was one of the best experiences I have had while applying for a new position. The recruiter was extremely professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and always ensured I knew what was happening next. I felt well prepared during the interview process. There was a warm welcome during onsite interviews and this made the experience enjoyable. The recruiter was aware of my employment needs and was open and honest throughout the process in trying to make the right match for the company and myself. Kinnser Software has a high degree of integrity and is truly a professional organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have handled priority for multiple projects.   1 Answer

Very difficult to decline this position and the only reason was due to a counter opportunity with my existing employer.

Technical Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, about one week apart. First was very brief, lasted about 15 minutes. The second was with the supervisor for the position I applied for. This one was scheduled for 30 minutes and lasted for about 45. First interview was very formal, what are your qualifications, basics. Second was much more conversational, discussing my history and what I do at my current job.

Interview Questions

• How often do you do performance reviews with your current employees?   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX).

Interview

Thorough interview that gave me great insight into the company and the team I'd be working with. There were three levels to the interview: screen call with recruiter, phone call and then in person.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with friction between product and engineering   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Kinnser Software in January 2015.

Interview

I have had 3 interviews with Kinnser software. 1 video interview, 1 phone interview and 1 in person interview with 3 supervisors and 1 manager. I was pleased with all my interviews but my last interview with the support manager seemed odd as my interviewer seemed to come apart at the seams and was distracted by incoming phone calls during the interview even though she was idled in meeting on her status. This abruptly ended the interview and I was told I would receive more about the status within a week to 2 weeks, but no definitive time was given.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly standard with the main questions being Give me an example of a time...."   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Step 1: Initial phone interview. Step 2: Recorded video answers. Step 3: Live online interview. Step 4: In-person presentation. Overall, they give you ample opportunity to showcase your personality. In doing so, you have a lot of chances to mess up. I'd suggest being candid in the interview to make sure you'll fit in with the culture. That way, both parties stand to gain.

Interview Questions

• They want to know how much you know about the industry.   Answer Question

Marketing & Strategy Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kinnser Software.

Interview

Everyone was friendly-- from staff to executives. I had two interviews ranging several departments. Nearly everything I experienced was unique, and I imagine your experience would be similarly customized. It is key to have an understanding of industry practices, competitors, and what makes Kinnser special.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kinnser Software (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Was initially contacted by their recruiter and did a brief phone interview. Next came for a grueling 3 hour interview with 4 rounds of people. Started with the "high level" senior management and worked down to the position supervisor. The interview was really a dialogue, they asked a question, I asked a question. I was able to tell that the company was what it claimed to be, a dynamic, upbeat, supportive work environment where everyone tried their hardest. Very honest answers to my questions, no surprises.

Interview Questions

• Was given a couple of "scenarios" and asked how I would handle each of them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate my title.