Kinross Gold Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.3

Mill Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Kinross Gold.

Interview

It was good. The phone interview was about 30 min. Basic questions were answered. They were really nice and easy going. Just be truthful and honest. It is nerve racking to be on the phone because you can't tell if they are interested because you can't see them.

Interview Questions

• Job history, why do I want to work for kinross, general questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything.

Generation Gold Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kinross Gold.

Interview

Kinross had come to my university campus fair and scheduled interview sessions. The questions were mostly general HR--your strengths, do you have any industrial experience? Tell me about your interaction with other international students, etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but one question was, "Can you tell me something about Kinross' values?"   Answer Question

Metallurgist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kinross Gold (Round Mountain, NV) in December 2010.

Interview

Most interview questions revolved around safety.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to the following situation: You make a suggestion to change a current process and the person you're talking to tells you it is a terrible idea and they won't do it.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Superintendent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Kinross Gold (Republic, WA) in June 2009.

Interview

I was first interviewed over the phone. That went very well. The company then wanted to fly me to Washington from my home in Arizona. They also wanted my wife to come to take a look at the area. We flew to Washington and then I attend a two day in depth interview, which also went well, mostly because I was very prepared and had the experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a difficult employee in the past? (be a specific as possible)   Answer Question
    • Describe you most difficult manager. Explain why they were difficult and what you did to function and get along with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but I unfortunately only focused on my relocation and salary. I know now that I could have negotiated on my vacation time as well.
    I would suggest to anyone applying and negotiating with Kinross to also negotiate their vacation time.

Global Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Kinross Gold (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was a referral - had three interviews

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Kinross Gold in March 2013.

Interview

Online application followed by phone interview that was more of a conversation than an interview. Was previously employed so process was shorter and simpler. HR didn't like the fact people applied to multiple positions (like I did). In fact they said they ignored people that did (except me, I guess?).

Generation Gold Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Kinross Gold (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

meeting at career fair, telephone interview, formal interview in company headquarters which included a group case study and a personal presentation on previously agreed subjects.

Interview Questions

• give an example of how your technical expertise has been used to overcome an issue in a previous work experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

The company was very open to concerns, needs and aspirations, however the final offer fell through.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kinross Gold in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with an HR rep for intern position. Questions were all behavioral, and pretty generic.

Site Services Superintendent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kinross Gold (Magadan (Russia)) in November 2010.

Interview

The hiring process took 3 months, initially I was contacted by an excellent Head Hunter Agency from UK that asked me for my CV, after several telephone interviews my case was sent to the hiring manager, which made me to go to Europa an 9 hours flight for a 15 minutes interview, and finally hired me.

Interview Questions

• Show your idea how a Maintenance Department should be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Check salary and benefits,one thing is the contract and another completely different thing is the Assignment Letter, read both well

Mill Operator Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Kinross Gold in March 2010.

Interview

very easy and very smooth

Interview Questions

Negotiation

its an hourly position, there were no negotiations