Kirby Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.5

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kirby Company.

Interview

The interview was a mess! I didn't even know what company I was interviewing for at first.The interview was very quick and easy. They didn't ask for a background check or anything. I'm pretty sure that the lady that interviewed had been drinking as well. I went along with the interview to be nice, but as soon as I found out that the company was Kirby I knew I wouldn't be taking the job if offered to me.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to make money? Are you good talking to people?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kirby Company in August 2015.

Interview

I responded to a craigslist ad by phone, went up to the office and did an interview plus an application within just 10 minutes. I got promised $1000/2weeks salary base pay. I start orientation tomorrow, according to the reviews online and the experience my mother in law had, I need all the luck I can get.

Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Charleston, WV) in August 2015.

Interview

Very easy. It was a group interview. Everyone was required to fill out job history, qualifications, contact information, as well as personal information. A presentation about the company was given. We were advised that we would receive a call back about a decision after our file was reviewed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Kansas City, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

horrible and relentless questions about my personal; life and less about my history, bad interview. I felt rushed and that i was judged before i even spoke, going through the motions. Maybe i was only called in because it was a ref feral from current employee. Maybe the person had somewhere else to go or had another person picked out for the job, ilkl never know.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Essex, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Essex, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

3 day orientation, non paid. Promised lunch, never happened. Hung over Sales rep demonstration a product over and over. Tons of very high hopes, and very little came true. Promises are a scam, and these people are great at lying

Interview Questions

• Always asked if we wanted to make money, then he actually went on to tell us how he would take our sale from us.   1 Answer

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Wichita, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

It's an immediate hire for virtually everyone due to the insane turn-over rate. An employee there had been working there for a couple of weeks and suggested me for the job because it was a guaranteed hire. Usually once you are hired there is almost a week of unpaid training to learn how to operate a Kirby within a customers home. I however immediately started the same day without any training in a strange city and was extremely confused as I had never worked a job like this before. They had promised to pay for food and boarding but I later went to get my check for my sales and was told that I OWED the company money. It's a slimy business, if you work there stay on your toes.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk all day from 11-9 everyday?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told that there was a base pay of roughly $450 a week. Now, as amazing as it sounds, you won't receive that as a canvasser unless you can get it least 30-35 demos.

"Customer Service Representative" Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kirby Company.

Interview

OMG!....I think I was almost scammed into hooking up with these people. After placing a phone call about an employment add in the local paper, I was immediately given an interview for same afternoon (they answered the phone "hello, may I help you" - lol) They wouldn't tell me what company they were. I arrived for the interview and 1st thing that I was told when we sat down was how the company gives 3 free vacations per year to their employees. 2nd thing that happened was the interviewer whipped out a blank piece of paper and began scribbling (literally scribbling) all kinds of confusing numbers down...which somehow suggested that I would be making 1,500 per pay week .....right away. I was then told that the position involved " set up and display" and that there would be a manager with me to finalize the presentations . All I had to do was present the product to the customers and let them test it out. When I inquired about the product, the interviewer referred to it as "Upholstery and Furniture Care " I was told that if I was Interested in making that much money and if I didn't mind working " Mall retail hours" (whatever that meant) - that I would be traveling in a van with my manager and presenting the product. Not once was I asked about my talents or abilities or any kind of typical interview questions. It was mostly some kind of sales pitch....Sorry!...no thanks. When I got home I started doing some homework on the company and that was when I found this site and a few others - very scary indeed. I am so grateful for forums like this so we can all be informed of theses types of practices. It seems they have also started operating as or become affiliated with different named franchise companies, so beware. Not once was the name of the product mentioned - very deceptive interview - in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to earn 1500.00 per week working Mall Retail Hours?   1 Answer

Entry Level Management Promotions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Bellevue, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

basic interview. they go over your application. And your last job to tie you into the new one. I mean ( a sales technique) what you didn't like about the last job and what this will do for you that that last one didn't do for you. Then thay will let you know if you get the job after the management except you today. then they will accept you. I mean thay will ( except not higher)

Interview Questions

• Thay will avoid your question about pay because it's a contract position of 60 "complete" demonstrations of the kirby product. and hardly anybody does 60 demos because you go out to private neighborhoods and set up appointments to conduct demos.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Thay except you for the position. then put you through a non payed training program, ( that specifically designed to generate excitement and enthusiasm to sell the product) and then at the very end rushing you through paperwork for contract for the 60 demos. for a base pay of 1800 or 2000 dollars or whatever thay offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loganville, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Loganville, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

I contacted and ad from Craigslist and received a call back after a few days. They don't need any experience, but take resumes when you go into interview. Interview was very rushed, very little information and the job is not explained well. They tell you your compensation, but do not mention you will be and independent contractor and if you do not meet their number of demonstrations required per a week you do not get paid. You also end up going all over the place and are not guaranteed you will meet your demonstration quota even though Kirby sets up the appointments for you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. The questions weren't very difficult.   1 Answer

After researching the company I realized that it was not a good fit for me. There were also many, many bad review about the company. Most people only stay for a few weeks and don't receive the pay they were promised.

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kirby Company (Sterling Heights, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process and hiring is simple: If you are a salesperson you can make money moving this product. It's a hard sell process if you want to succeed. Like most products sold this way, you have to work hard and put in long hours to do well.

Interview Questions

• The process is not difficult. The only thing to do is ask the right questions and know what it is you can and can't ( or won't ) do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's sales. You make money if you do enough presentations and sale the product.