Kirby Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kirby Corporation

Deckhand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Kirby Corporation in November 2010.

I submitted my application via their Website and was contacted within a week. Interview and screening process was pretty straightforward. There was an IQ test and basic core competencies test, as well as drug screening and physical.

Interview Questions
    • No curve balls in this interview. Its basically just "tell me about yourself," and "why should I hire you?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation at this level, they offer a base pay rate to everyone they bring in as a deckhand.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Kirby Corporation in April 2008.

Very casual, one on one., cordial, process took a couple of months, the company seemed slow but after working there you realize everything the company does is in slow motion. Recruiter provided initial interviews and back ground check. Company interviews were casual with hiring manager, peer employee, and executive management

Interview Questions
    Company does not negotiate. Hiring methods are several decades old. Almost nothing is negotiable. The company is rooted in the oil industry and gears all policies toward blue collar employment. The interview process felt very operational and non technical. Management seemed very polite and attractive to work for.

Advice- Sell yourself and your value in initial interviews. Create a perspective in the mind of management that they need you and your assets will drive revenue and production for the company.