Kirkland & Ellis Secretarial Interview Questions

3.5

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis.

Interview

Applied for the job online and within a few hours, I received a phone call to schedule the initial telephone interview. Received another call shortly thereafter for the face-to-face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I think the hiring process (up to a point) is excellent. It is objective and solely based upon your qualifications which are determined by your resume, your telephone interview with the Chicago office, your test scores, and interview with the local Office Manager. It failed for me at the local interview level with the attorneys. My "outstanding qualifications and resume" did not matter at this point. They determined in 20 minutes (10 minutes for each attorney) that I was not the correct candidate. I was disappointed because this would have been the first position that I have ever earned based solely upon my qualifications and skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience taking care of personal business for an attorney.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a HR personnel, and then was invited to the next round of interview. It was a "round robin" format, where 4 or 5 candidates were interviewed by just as many personnel from the firm (e.g. 10 minutes for each person, and we rotate until we were interviewed by all). I had never experienced this format, so I was taken back.

Interview Questions

• what do you think the most important characteristic of a successful secretary is?   1 Answer

Legal Secretary Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I attended a career fair at my university, introduced myself to one of the recruiters, and gave a brief description about the career goals I have and the skill sets I possessed at the time. The next day after the recruiter contacted me to schedule a brief 30 minute phone interview. After the 30 minute phone interview I was then contacted and asked approximately a week later to interview at the San Francisco Office. The interview was a round robin interview consisting of individual interviews with 5 different staff members for 10-15 minutes. Each one of the staff members were very friendly and personable so interviewing with them was a pleasant experience. After this interview, I was then asked to come in for the final round interview in which I would meet with the individual who were to be my supervisor should I have gotten hired. After the last interview I was notified about a week later and a half later that I did not receive the offer. The recruiter informed me that the decision was difficult and was sincerely remorseful. Overall I had a good experience interviewing with Kirkland and Ellis. Everyone, including the receptionist were very professional yet personable at the same time. They are genuinely interested in finding out whether or not you will be a good fit for them and vice versa. I would recommend you go into the interview having thoroughly researched as much about the firm as possible and be prepared!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• What is your 5 year career goal and how do you see Kirkland & Ellis fitting into it?   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis in April 2010.

Interview

it was ok