Kirkland's

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kirkland's.

After about two weeks, they called me and asked me if I wanted to interview for a sales associate position. I easily was scheduled in, and the interview lasted less then 30 minutes. The woman who interviewed me was very kind, and the interview was one of the more pleasant ones that I have had. Just check out some average interview questions and practice. Smile! This interview won't be frightening.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you have seen someone handle multiple problems, and tell how you reacted.   Answer Question
    There was negotiation phase.

Sales Associate Interview

Applications are accepted online only, including an assessment. I was called for an interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Usual questions. Why Kirklands, experience, many customer service questions and roll play on the sales floor. Ask lots of questions about your responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time you could not please a customer and resolve their issue.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Kirkland's.

I was asked my definition of customer service. Also,was asked how I dealt with upset customers. I was asked to walk her through how I would service a customer. They are looking for someone to say they greet, ask what room they are decorating, and follow up with customer before they exit. Invite the customer back.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

I applied online – interviewed at Kirkland's in October 2014.

The hiring and interview process was very easy and very professional. The store manager was very amicable and professional through the entire interview. I would recommend this position to a friend, or someone wanting to earn extra money through the holidays, or as a supplemental job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Kirkland's in September 2014.

I was shopping in store, enjoying the products and thought I should be salesperson. I started talking to another sales person who happened to be the assistant manager and she encouraged me to apply based on my outgoing personality. She recommended me to the manager. I came in with a resume and cover letter. I shopped several additional days and was friendly to the staff. I was called in for a very short interview and was hired.

Interview Questions
    • The IQ test that was part of the online application. It was timed and I was totally unprepared for it!   Answer Question
    I asked for the maximum hourly wage they could offer. I was told I was given it for beginning person part time with my education.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Kirkland's in August 2014.

Put in an application in June because I saw a sign in store saying they were hiring. Got a call in August to set up an interview. Only 2 questions were asked, and we talked about the job requirements. Asked for 2 references.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to deal with an upset customer and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Kirkland's.

called me and emailed me. quick interview. nothing much to it. was sent to another city for one week of work.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Kirkland's.

Basic interview with a district manager. They take you to the stockroom for the interview. We sat in a little bity office.

Interview Questions
    • What does your closet look like right now?   View Answer

Third Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Kirkland's.

I was dropping off my application when the manager quickly asked me for an interview, usual questions,why this company,what can I bring to the table, when can I start. Very nice staff/manager, I was hired on the spot and started within a week ..

Sales Associate Interview

returned paper application, was able to speak with manager immediately. the interview was very informal. I was offered a job right away.